Who wants to see a fat-burner product from Athletix Sports?!? Get on in here!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AM Members,

We have some very good formulation ideas in the works, but I want to take this opportunity to see what the members here are looking for in a fat-burner type product. I think it's very important to be in touch with your consumer base and listen to what the majority of potential customers are looking for from a specific type of sports supplement; as well as what has worked well for them.

So, let me hear what specific ingredients have worked well for you in the past in this department. We're looking to put together a very effective and economical product in this category in the near future. :D

-John

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alpha-Y, Chlorogenic acid, 3,3-3,5 , N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, A form of L Carnitine, TTA is a fav too but i know thats a grey area.

Those are a few ive had real good luck with and enjoy being on.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alpha-Y, Chlorogenic acid, 3,3-3,5 , N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, A form of L Carnitine, TTA is a fav too but i know thats a grey area.

Those are a few ive had real good luck with and enjoy being on.
Hey Eclipse why is TTA considered a grey area? I've used VPX Clenbutrx in the past and I believe that was one of the ingredients listed. Thanks in advance.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Eclipse why is TTA considered a gray area? I've used VPX Clenbutrx in the past and I believe that was one of the ingredients listed. Thanks in advance.
I think because its not a natural substance but i could be wrong. I know some companies are taking out TTA. Two i know of would be RPNs DCP and VPX's meltdown.

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think because its not a natural substance but i could be wrong. I know some companies are taking out TTA. Two i know of would be RPNs DCP and VPX's meltdown.
Always curious to learn more. Thank you.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leucine 250mg
EPA/DHA 600-700mg
Caffeine 100mg
Forskolin 20% or hjgher

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Leucine 250mg
EPA/DHA 600-700mg
Caffeine 100mg
Forskolin 20% or hjgher
I hate caffeine in my fat burners... I drink coffee already and could buy caffeine cheap and add it myself if i wanted. I'd personally like if it was left out to save room for more useful ingredients.

But I do like- EGCG, Alpha-Y, Octopamine HCL, fucoxanthin , green coffee bean extract-Chlorogenic Acid, Plcar

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Replicate Lipokinetix from 8 years ago!!! I think it was usic acid or sodium usinate?
:)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I couldn't agree more.

Perhaps you could make a non-stim variety! For PM use and for those of us wanting to avoid stims.

:afro:

I hate caffeine in my fat burners... I drink coffee already and could buy caffeine cheap and add it myself if i wanted. I'd personally like if it was left out to save room for more useful ingredients.

But I do like- EGCG, Alpha-Y, Octopamine HCL, fucoxanthin , green coffee bean extract-Chlorogenic Acid, Plcar

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Forskohlin 20%, fucoxanthin, Alpha-Yohimbine, ECA, EGCG, 3,3 & 3,5, some form of cortisol control

If anything, I'd leave out the EGCG because IMO it has to be dosed too high to fit in the right number of caps. I'd rather use straight EGCG on the side instead since it's cheap.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I couldn't agree more.

Perhaps you could make a non-stim variety! For PM use and for those of us wanting to avoid stims.

:afro:
NOOOOOO!!!

I want something that makes me feel like I'm on ****ing crank!!! :lol: 4reeeeal

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This ingredient, dosed high: N-methyl-b-methyl-PEA. IT is the only real form of PEA that is worth a darn, all of the other suggestions are good as well. I would say ditch the EGCG, that uses up too much space. And if you go stim, use methyl-synephrine if there is geranium in it to smooth the energy drop.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Forskohlin 20%, fucoxanthin, Alpha-Yohimbine, ECA, EGCG, 3,3 & 3,5, some form of cortisol control

If anything, I'd leave out the EGCG because IMO it has to be dosed too high to fit in the right number of caps. I'd rather use straight EGCG on the side instead since it's cheap.
That's true. I just use PP's organic capped stuff it's like $9 top quality.

Wasn't sure if you were kidding but I don't think they can legally put ECA in a supp. Could be wrong though...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's true. I just use PP's organic capped stuff it's like $9 top quality.

Wasn't sure if you were kidding but I don't think they can legally put ECA in a supp. Could be wrong though...
E can now be marketed for fat loss, but only at 8mg per serving rather than the old standard 25.

Which in my eyes is BS considering is 1000% DSHEA compliant.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
E can now be marketed for fat loss, but only at 8mg per serving rather than the old standard 25.

Which in my eyes is BS considering is 1000% DSHEA compliant.
Or you could market it as a fat burner AND bronchiodilator/asthma relief, the E is just for bronchials...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or you could market it as a fat burner AND bronchiodilator/asthma relief, the E is just for bronchials...
how is Ephedrine HCL legal OTC at 25 mgs and in a dietary supplement it isn't??? Freaking FDA...

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how is Ephedrine HCL legal OTC at 25 mgs and in a dietary supplement it isn't??? Freaking FDA...
A legal loop hole on what the product is intended for.

Many asthma suffers would be in an uproar if their life saving OTC meds are taken away.

The FDA care not about people trying to lose weight.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Many asthma suffers would be in an uproar if their life saving OTC meds are taken away.

my state has a bill on the table to make all ephedra products by prescription only. claritin d seems to be a favorite of meth makers here. of course the gov of indiana is a real diick.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
my state has a bill on the table to make all ephedra products by prescription only. claritin d seems to be a favorite of meth makers here. of course the gov of indiana is a real diick.
That is for Pseudophedrine, and many counties have done that exact same thing. Really pisses me off because Pseudoephedrine is the only thing that helps me when I get a damn cold! Luckily even though Missouri seems to be the Meth capital, the prescription requirement hasnt hit st. louis yet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That is for Pseudophedrine, and many counties have done that exact same thing. Really pisses me off because Pseudoephedrine is the only thing that helps me when I get a damn cold! Luckily even though Missouri seems to be the Meth capital, the prescription requirement hasnt hit st. louis yet.
yeah, it's a real problem for me too, claritin d opens up my nose when nothing else will-but it is always sold out. meth heads buy that stuff up as soone as it is stocked.

btw-here in indiana the bill is for all ephedra products including bronkaid types.

just to let you know, the governor of indiana used to be ceo at eli lilly.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah, it's a real problem for me too, claritin d opens up my nose when nothing else will-but it is always sold out. meth heads buy that stuff up as soone as it is stocked.

btw-here in indiana the bill is for all ephedra products including bronkaid types.

just to let you know, the governor of indiana used to be ceo at eli lilly.
Well the good news about Claritin D is you can get it generic at Walgreens and rarely is that sold out. And the Gov of Indiana balanced the budget, something the last how many couldn't do (and the mayor of Indianapolis as well if memory serves me right)? My parents live there and seem to feel he is doing a fine enough job (no one is perfect of course) and the state is no longer perpetually broke. I could see if you are a union laborer you might be mad but hey, you guys had a good run for the last 100 years so I think its time for a little parody with the rest of the non-union workers.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

As an asthma sufferer I can tell you if you use anything over the counter you are pretty disappointed, 9/10 they do jack squat. Albuterol works far better than ephedrince HCL or primatine and is dirt cheap... but what do I know. :aargh:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like albuterol, but I don't have asthma... :privateeye:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait....isn't this thread about ideas for a new fat burner product?...If thats still the product than I would like to see something stimulant free. I tend to avoid fat loss/energy supplements because of the stimulants. Plus I never really needed a supplement to help me lose fat. Once in a while I will try one but never really got any significant more fat loss than without using one.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
damn, man. you got a problem with the working class? only ones who have benefited from daniels are upper class.
I like a lot of people here and I don't want to offend anyone BigT. We all have different opinions and saying I have something against the working class is quite off base; I have something against unions and the costs they bring with them. They had their time and place, its time now for some reality and it costs too much now to pay for everyone's retirement, guaranteed employment, pay when your laid off... I can go on and on. I don't get squat in my job like that, I fund my retirement, I pay for my health care out of my paycheck, I don't get jack squat when I get laid off and I sure as all hell can get fired at any moment, I have no union to protect me. These is not the words of a bitter person, these are the words of a hard working American doing the best he can and some people feel they deserve to play the same game with a deck stacked in their favor. Sorry, that is no kosher with me. If that makes me anti-labor or right wing so be it, it's my opinion and I am proud of it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like a lot of people here and I don't want to offend anyone BigT. We all have different opinions and saying I have something against the working class is quite off base; I have something against unions and the costs they bring with them. They had their time and place, its time now for some reality and it costs too much now to pay for everyone's retirement, guaranteed employment, pay when your laid off... I can go on and on. I don't get squat in my job like that, I fund my retirement, I pay for my health care out of my paycheck, I don't get jack squat when I get laid off and I sure as all hell can get fired at any moment, I have no union to protect me. These is not the words of a bitter person, these are the words of a hard working American doing the best he can and some people feel they deserve to play the same game with a deck stacked in their favor. Sorry, that is no kosher with me. If that makes me anti-labor or right wing so be it, it's my opinion and I am proud of it.
dude, you have been rush limbaughed. i work for a multi-national corp, i pay for all of the things you have mentioned. i don't get freebies any more than you. all i get is some backing that makes sure the company plays by the rules and every 4 years a contract negotiation. you need to quit listenening to talk radio....a lot of people have been laid off where i work, and they get the same damn unemployment you would get. and trust me i pay for my 401k. my insurance keeps going up and deductable increasing....damn you are very misguided.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Tsk, tsk, tsk, wasnt this supposed to be about a new fat burner? If the discussion goes back to athletix new product, I also vote in favor of something stim free.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i apologize, john. this just doesn't seem to be my day.

i wish you and athletix all the luck.

sorry,
tom.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, agree stim free is the way to go these days...

If you put PLCAR in it, that'd be really cool too!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude, you have been rush limbaughed. i work for a multi-national corp, i pay for all of the things you have mentioned. i don't get freebies any more than you. all i get is some backing that makes sure the company plays by the rules and every 4 years a contract negotiation. you need to quit listenening to talk radio....a lot of people have been laid off where i work, and they get the same damn unemployment you would get. and trust me i pay for my 401k. my insurance keeps going up and deductable increasing....damn you are very misguided.
Tom, I respect you but don't tell me I have been Rush Limbaughed... I frankly don't like the guy, he is a problem causer not a solution generator. If you want to blame anyone you can blame CNBC and Larry Kudlow, we see eye to eye most of the time. And I will end this, I don't listen to talk radio and not all unions fight like those are in some of the states making things impossible right now. The UAW at Ford are somehow making it work... I don't care to know the details all I know is they didn't bring down the company like what happened at GM (though management was surely to blame as well). Enough on this, I want a new fat burner Trauma!!!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tsk, tsk, tsk, wasnt this supposed to be about a new fat burner? If the discussion goes back to athletix new product, I also vote in favor of something stim free.
Yeah I think stim free is the way to go as well, then if I want to add in some caffeine or ephedra I can on my terms and at the dose I respond to.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Topical resveratrol and quercetin! We were discussing in another thread how this combo is known to kill fat cells. The only other product is stoked, but bio-availability of both these ingredients is poor.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Topical resveratrol and quercetin! We were discussing in another thread how this combo is known to kill fat cells. The only other product is stoked, but bio-availability of both these ingredients is poor.
Oh nice hts. Make it with no stims no I can stack with other thermogenics.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMO for hunger control HOODIA!

THAT STUFF COMPLETELY KILLS MU HUNGER!
it has worked well for some of my friends as well.

7beta-hydroxy-dhea for cortisol control.

ECGC

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep the feedback coming, guys!

We're going to put together a very effective and affordable product in this class here in the very near future. I appreciate all the feedback here. We want to tailor this to what the majority of users have deemed to be fairly effective ingredients.

We already have a base formula in mind, but we're looking at some things to add to the synergy based on overall feedback.

-John

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how about including a decent dose of apple cider vinegar, acv really works but i can't get used to the taste. it's been used for generations, surprised not many fatburners have included it.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
well I always seem to be on the opposite sides as everyone else on....everything :).

I prefer caffeine (or a stim in general) in my fat burner products. I don't like to have a heavy crash and a crazy stim effect, but a little caffeine I always felt aids in synergy and helps with the focus factor of the product. It can really turn a fat burner into a pre workout type product with fat burning qualities. Right now my pre workout supplementation is Nitroceps/Cre-02/OxyElite Pro. I dont know that i've ever had such great results in my life.

Just a little insight from the other side....carry on with the non-stim chatter :afro:

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Keep the feedback coming, guys!

We're going to put together a very effective and affordable product in this class here in the very near future. I appreciate all the feedback here. We want to tailor this to what the majority of users have deemed to be fairly effective ingredients.

We already have a base formula in mind, but we're looking at some things to add to the synergy based on overall feedback.

-John
Do you know if it's going to be caff free?