PINK MAGIC goes live in 5-4-3-2-1 and Action!

PINK MAGIC goes live in 5-4-3-2-1 and Action! Time to get Chingon Time!

PINK MAGIC CONTEST--Prizes are off the hook and entry is simple as it can get.

Win the Asteroid stack (PRIME-PowerFULL-Anabolic Pump, T-shirt, gym bag filled with samples) PLUS PINK MAGIC, a Training DVD by World famous strength and conditioning mind John Davies, and NEW flavor of Jack3d!

this package is valued well over $300! I will probably be gifting a few, depends on the quality of the responses posted.

Winners chosen Friday June 11th!

Simply, Tell us your favorite exercise that improved your physigue or health the greatest and be entered into a lottery!

SIMPLE!

WHO IS JOHN DAVIES, YOU MAY ASK!

He was doing 20 rep squats before your parents even met. He was deadlifting, cleaning & snatching his pro athletes to Olympic Gold & World Championships before it was cool to be a strength coach. Even just a few years ago, he was ridiculed for using tires, sleds, bands & chains. He's forgotten more about training than most of us will ever know. And he could care less how big his biceps are or if you "like" him. But if you're smart and you want results, you'll soak up every word he says as if they were rain drops in the desert. His name is John Davies. He's known as "The Renegade". He IS Training.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey Jacob, whats going to be the IC price? Or is that going to be a secret till the 9th?

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Is June 9th the IC or public release date?

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
thats a nice poster...seriously. very creative lol

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed

willib

Awards
  • Established
is there any way you guys will discount prime also on pm's release.got to know so i have both in stock?

is there any way you guys will discount prime also on pm's release.got to know so i have both in stock?
There will be an option for PRIME cause, the stack of Pink/PRIME is going to spread like wild fire.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im gona get some PINK. :lol: :rofl:
you get it? lol
yeah im immature so what?
but seriously im gonna get some Pink magic too

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait! I just joined IC a few days ago just for this!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Delicious! :food:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
LOL at the ad, I must buy some just for that lmao

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
An incredible bunch of goodies! :thumbsup:

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
CONTEST!?

ME:

Keith has always been in shape since he joined the US Army in 2005, enlisting as a Cannon Crewmember. He was always fairly small though, capping it at 140 lbs. A few short months ago, while in Iraq, Keith decided to get more serious about being in shape, and to get huge instead of just "in shape" so he googled a bunch of routines, and stumbled upon AM.com. After reading for hours upon hours, he finally decided on an HST full body routine to strengthen his body in preparation for a more serious routine. In just two months his DEADLIFT went from 100 lbs being difficult, to 250lbs being easy. All of his other excercises increased drastically as well, but his DEADLIFT is by far his favorite, because he can, for the first time ever, see a huge V starting to develop. His back is growing off the hook and outpacing the rest of his body, when he faces the mirror his back sticks out on the sides and makes his chest look puny. Keith is in love with the DEADLIFT and thinks that if it was a woman, it would have the looks of Pamela Anderson, the brains of Natalie Portman, and the attitude of Reese Witherspoon. Keith will never stop the DEADLIFT

In 2 months I have gained close to 8 pounds. In addition, not only does the DEADLIFT just make you look like a badass in the gym, just the name DEADLIFT evokes a certain badassery every time you say it...

^ I couldn't tell if the John Davies was the "example" entry or not lol, so I just made mine in the same style! Deadlifts are the ****, and I have seriously seen the most impressive gains of my life doing them :D

Edit: After a closer read I can tell that it was not the example. But I like how my little story reads, so I will leave it like that :D

Edit2: Also, if I won that pile of goodies, I would log the crap out of everything, even the gym bag :p

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey, is it only one entry per person? ;)
I think so, to maintain fairness and consistency, but Jacob has the last word.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i dare someone to top votum.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
The exercise that helps me most with my grappling and athletic career is definitely SQUATS. I have been doing sets of 20-25 rep squats for at least 4-5 years and there is no going back. I love the burn one gets from doing them not too mention the crazy pumps you get when your legs finally go somewhat catabolic. I do not know what it is but if I am unable to squat at least 3 times a week I feel like something ain't right. Squating gives me a sense of athletic security, it lets me know that I am working hard and it pushes me to the next level. I also tend to sprint pre/post squats to enhance the fast twitch muscle fibers, all my squat reps are quick reps as well. I have noticed that I am able to keep up easily with collegiate wrestlers due to my leg strength, this goes to show me that squats are a MUST!

loupenguin

loupenguin

Awards
My favorite Exercise is one i semi-made up, but i know others have probably done it before.

I used it for golf, to have a more stable base as well as strengthen my back and improve my traps.

So you stand in golf posture and do BentOver Rows, then when you hit failure, you do shrugs till failure, then you do deadlifts to failure. When you fail with the Bent Over Rows, you tend to cheat less on the traps IMO, then Deadlifts to keep the cardio so i would not have to do cardio!

I called it the TriRow. Yea kind of corny, but i got 4th in 2007 Golf state championship shooting 73 70 and i attritube my stable base and strong back to helping get out of the rough! as well as keep my CV ability due to the deadlifts in tact, making walking 18 holes with clubs on my back a breeze!

So yea thats my story No homo/hate

LOU

TerrorSquad8

Awards
Wow this is serious promo.

The best exercise for me is squats. Now I have a love hate relationship with them. When I first started lifting 5+ years ago I didn't take them serious. I would just rep 135 and call it a day. But now I focus on them and put in the energy. Slowly got up to 225 and now I'm hitting well over 350. I have seen and increase in over all muscle development since I have made squats my focus. The width in my legs has enabled me to add serious weight to my frame and IMO the best overall excerise one can do to add the size they are wanting. They are fastest growing muscle in the body so put them to good use an I love walking like I nee a wheel chair the next few days after leg training.

Thanks for the AWESOME promo. Good luck to all!

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
My favorite exercise has to be the BarBell Flat Bench Press:

No I'm not a "what are you doing today" "oh chest" guy, nor do I favor chest over any other bodypart. The reason the Flat BB is my favorite exercise is because it truly pits you against the Iron! Other exercises there are so many ways to bail by safely dumping the weight. Squats, you bail out through the back and duck out. Curls you can just drop the weight into the rack, deads you can just drop the weight to the floor etc etc. With the Flat BarBell Bench, there is no where for the weight to go but UP! The strongest muscle in the body is your mind and you have to create the connection with the weight in order to make sure the weight goes where it belongs. Knowing you can get buried by the BarBell when benching, you have to have a powerful mindset! It all begins there...

The Flat Bench is the "King" of exercises also because it is a full body equalizer. Just about every muscle and bodypart from your feet, to your glutes, to your shoulders tris and chest (there are more) are involved in a proper press! When done correctly, one can garner some serious mass and total body power!

So many people shy away from the Flat BB Press (because they dont know how to press properly), or think they are getting everything out of it when there is so much more to be gained. I was never a fan of this exercise untill recently. Reason being, it always hurt my shoulder, I was very weak in this movement compared to "any" other exercise and I just didn't feel comfortable doing it. After realizing this is such a "bread and butter" movement and that I am truly missing out by not utilizing this exercise in my regimine, I went to the drawing boards and spent hours digging deep into the "basics" of how to bench taught by powerlifters that would explain the difference between benching for power and benching for bodybuilding or hypertrophy (yes there are differences between benching for raw strength and creating hypertrophy). Not giving up on this as I'm always looking to improve my physique, I've spent numerous days taking steps back and leaving my ego at the door. Dropping weight to very light numbers so I can find the "perfect position". Getting looks and stares, "thats all he can lift?" I knew in the back of my mind though, this was happening for a reason so I kept at it. Sure enough, after slowing things down and taking it step by step, I was then able to find that "perfect position" and get locked into the bench.

Since then...this has been the number one exercise to improve my physique overall!

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
For me the exercise that changed everything that I am is the Barrel Curl... let me explain:
in Iraq in 2004 I discovered that I was near 30% BF and was a mess. One day I picked up the barrel to our .50 caliber machine gun. I started doing curls with it. This activated muscles that hadn't been used in years. I was re-addicted and recommitted. I did these curls for the rest of the deployment, and have since moved to BB curls... So this is it for me, not that it changed the muscles as much as changed my life

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man this is hard to come up with one exercise BUT I know what it is after a short perusal of the mind.

Incline DB Press - This was something from age 14 on I was told I would never be able to do (any chest exercises but specifically incline) because of the impingement problems I have in both shoulders (congenital defect that I have fought my entire life and more so during my swimming/water polo career). That being said, once I started seriously training with my friend [who has mentored me from day 1] I told him I can't do chest exercises; he looked at me and smiled. From that point on, he taught me how to start light, build strength in the joint and be patient most importantly. My 8-10 rep max has gone from 70 DB to 105 in two years (110 if I'm doing 5 reps, see pink magic log). This is really what I use as a major motivator in my training because I [one] was told I could not do it and proved that wrong and [two] have since surpassed my friend in weight that I can move at that rep level. It is something special when you surpass a goal and the student starts to outlift the teacher; let's just say he is quite proud of his protege. Also, I used to have some serious man boobs at 235, now my chest is proportionate to the rest of my body and expanding to be lean and mean (enough that my GF is pissed my chest is bigger than hers!).

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would have to say squats. My senior year of high school my wrestling coach would have us do 20 rep sets of squats. Before that I would do decent squats considering I was in a high school weight training class. But after squatting with my coach I would get that low perfect squat. Then I knew what it meant to squat. Hell after that I knew what it meant to train. My coach made my life hell at practice but I thank him for really getting me to squat and kicking my ass daily at practice. U have to have a great base to have great body and that starts with the legs.

bigjeff200

Awards
The exercise that changed my life was down/ups or sprawl/get ups. I was overweight until I was 15 and wrestled. The conditioning in wrestling from moves like that changed my life and got me addicted to fitness. I joined the weight lifting team at my high school where I competed at the 169 pound weight class and would legal press up to 285 and clean/jerk 240 at 16 in high school.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Best move for me has to be POWER CLEANS. I do lots of squats, bench and shoulder press. I was strong and at a stand still. An old school guy told me to start doing power cleans and man has it helped. Yes it is a lot of technique, but once I got it down and moverd up in weight, my bench has gone up, squat is up, shoulder press is up, and I no longer have lower back pain. Yes everyone looks at ya like your crazy when you are doing them, but man they work

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
The exercise that changed my life was down/ups or sprawl/get ups. I was overweight until I was 15 and wrestled. The conditioning in wrestling from moves like that changed my life and got me addicted to fitness. I joined the weight lifting team at my high school where I competed at the 169 pound weight class and would legal press up to 285 and clean/jerk 240 at 16 in high school.
clean and jerk 240 at 16, man you have my respect

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
It's not fancy, it doesn't involve weights it's the PUSH UP!

When I started martial arts last year, it's the first thing they get you to do, 10 knuckle press ups are a sylabus requirement for White belts. Sounds easy and yes I could them, but I learnt a whole new respect for bodyweight exercises. I was just in awe as I watched the rest of class do a solid 20 -30 mins of every press up imaginable, diamonds to crucifix, staged (pause and hold from start, same mid-way, top, mid-way, back to start), single, double claps and explosive pressups where you explode upwards with all limbs leaving the floor (sorry can't remember the technical name for these) and divebombers.

Yes that first lesson was a lfe changng moment, no matter how strong I thought I was and looked, learning how important your core strength is was humbling.

PUSH UPS have improved my core strength, Muscle definition, my posture, my sex life, my weight training and have given me a sense of acheivement, I love being able to hang with the big boys at taekwondo now, well for the most part... One handed still has me beat but I'm getting there!

PUSH UP, PINK MAGIC, PERFECT!!!!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
It's not fancy, it doesn't involve weights it's the PUSH UP!

When I started martial arts last year, it's the first thing they get you to do, 10 knuckle press ups are a sylabus requirement for White belts. Sounds easy and yes I could them, but I learnt a whole new respect for bodyweight exercises. I was just in awe as I watched the rest of class do a solid 20 -30 mins of every press up imaginable, diamonds to crucifix, staged (pause and hold from start, same mid-way, top, mid-way, back to start), single, double claps and explosive pressups where you explode upwards with all limbs leaving the floor (sorry can't remember the technical name for these) and divebombers.

Yes that first lesson was a lfe changng moment, no matter how strong I thought I was and looked, learning how important your core strength is was humbling.

PUSH UPS have improved my core strength, Muscle definition, my posture, my sex life, my weight training and have given me a sense of acheivement, I love being able to hang with the big boys at taekwondo now, well for the most part... One handed still has me beat but I'm getting there!

PUSH UP, PINK MAGIC, PERFECT!!!!
I started out with all types of pushups, they ar def one my favs.:fing02:

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dead lifts for sure helped with my over all physique. Just the strenth and size that I have put on. I remember when 135 was insain to lift from the ground and now fast forward and Im topping 315 like its no bodys business. Dead lifts are a staple of my diet and workout regimn.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When do we find out what is in it?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
what the hell, why not.

Squats. If I had to pick just one exercise for the contest, Squats. Deads do come in a strong second though.

This is why- See pictured comical relief. lol.

I'm just an average guy trying to make progression. I'm not ripped, I don't eat perfect, I wont ever be a pro bodybuilder, I wont ever be a power lifter and I wont ever make the cover of a magazine.

But!, I will do squats and I will love them!!!

First, myself pictured in Sept of 2004 at age 32. If memory serves me, I joined a gym and started working out the following March of 2005.

Second, myself 4+ years later at age 37, July of 2009. Still very much a work in progress. But IMO, I owe 99% of it to hours and hours of squats and deads.

Squats strengthened my knees and back. Squats give me a much needed anger and stress outlet. Squats make my job so much easier. I just love them, plain and simple. I would probably quit the gym if I couldn't do squats.

So....Quit the laughing and put my fat ass in the lottery. :fing02:

Attachments

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
I'll pop in an entry

My favorite exercise is Squats

-it improved my body composition since adding it
-it kicks up my muscular hypertrophy specifically in the legs
-it kicks up my overall metabolism (i would imagine) since i have to eat a bit more so to gain
-it's fun, challenging and hard.....3 things that make anything enjoyable for a man
-it makes you look like a beast in the gym. the stares are fun at times
-it helped my back/hip problems (although it does agitate my left shoulder)

There may be more but i cant think of it off the top of my head. Whats next, "Squats cure cancer?"

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
It's not very dramatic but the exercise that changed my physique the most dramatically was just reverse dumbell flyes. I had neglected my rear delts for a long time, just assuming they were being worked hard enough with rows. My BJJ instructor and former Mr. LA was giving me tips on my lagging body parts and said that it looks like my shoulders disapear when I turn sideways and suggested the inclucion of reverse dumbell flyes. Within a month my shoulders overall looked so much bigger that it apeared I had gained ten pounds, all trickery, just the rear delts.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i strap a 15pound ankle weight on each ankle, lay on a bench, grab each side and lift legs up-slowly, then down. i got to the point where i could do sets of 15 with decent form, but only when my conditioning is top notch. i warn you-this is not for the weak hearted, 30 pounds of ankle weights feels like a ton if you are not used to it. this is a very serious exercise.

liftallday123

Awards
  • Established
The best exercise that improved my physique is hang power cleans. When doing hang power cleans you work out your calves, hamstrings, glutes, lower back but also upper-back,traps and pretty much takes focous and coordination of yout whole body. Also it helps with your grip. Ive shed alot of bf by doing 6-12 reps of this movement and it has also made me stronger in other areas of the gym including cardio.
Heres a link that will show you guys how to do hanging power cleans:

Hang Power Clean

reptone

Awards
  • Established
For me, many have changed me in different ways. Squats for sure because theyincorporate your entire body(and if you don`t feel a little like puking after your last set you are NOT finished :lol:). Dips also incorporate much more muscle than you think but the thing that changed me most was negative reps(from the old Cybergenics workout book). Great for shocking your stubborn muscles. I do them for 2 weeks twice a year just to change things up.
As far as June 9th, 9 am...is it possible for IC members to pre order? For those of us at work without a computer? I don`t get home until 3ish. I`m REALLY interested in "option 3".

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
For me it would have to beDumbbell Bench. I was at a stand still with my bench max for a couple months and needed to figure something out. So I changed it up to dumbbells for a while and soon after my bench increased. I love doing dumbbell bench, anything with dumbbells for that matter but ya.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For me DeadLifts for sure. as a sprinter my posterior chain has to be very strong and powerfull and that exercise does it all. thanks to deadlifts and all its variations my hamstrings are one of strongest body parts. and when other sprinters are pullin up there hammies mine stay intacked like steel cables ha.