LG Sciences is looking for freelance FITNESS WRITERS!

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LG Sciences has some exciting new things in the works.

We're currently looking for men and women interested in writing informal columns and articles related to fitness training, diet and nutrition, food and drink, cooking, sports, the lifestyle, etc...

If this sounds like something that interests you, post any questions you have, and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

If you'd like to talk about this opportunity privately, you can either PM me or email me at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you!​

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey IC this sounds like a great idea. I am sure the first question will be what is the compensation (if any)?

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Sweet.. So what exactly would the articles be for? The LG website?

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey IC this sounds like a great idea. I am sure the first question will be what is the compensation (if any)?
Supplements would be the start, and may develop into something else depending on the type of work; featured or freelance. It depends on feedback and such.

Sweet.. So what exactly would the articles be for? The LG website?
Yes, we're going through some changes with the site. We're going to have a large informational section. Articles on various things will be a big focus.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IC, this sounds great, and I would love the opportunity to contribute. I will be forwarding you a pm

R

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Nice it will be great to do more of this now my english has improved, instead of writing articles all the time in russian, i will talk to justin personaly if thats ok. I talk to him a lot anyway.

Can you tell me if it matters that i write for other companies?

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice it will be great to do more of this now my english has improved, instead of writing articles all the time in russian, i will talk to justin personaly if thats ok. I talk to him a lot anyway.

Can you tell me if it matters that i write for other companies?
No, it doesn't matter at all.

Justin doesn't really have anything to do with the new site or the articles. This is kind of my baby, so you're better off just talking to me about it. You CAN talk to Justin, I don't care, but I don't know what you'd really be talking to him about when it comes to this.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Excellent work IC, this is an awesome idea! IC has already got a few good writers booked ;)

Z

zb126

Awards
  • Established
sent an email your way, not sure if its too late, also do you want some info on our background?

S

swan1209

Awards
  • Established
Supplements as payment for writing about the things I love? Sounds like a good deal to me!

Z

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Not too late at all. It will be an ongoing thing.
nice. were we supposed to send you resumes etc? I'm assuming most people who are volunteering have science backgrounds so that part might be obvious haha

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wanna write an article on HOT CHICKS THAT LIFT WEIGHTS:d....VERY COOL IDEA IRISH TO GET PEOPLE INVOLVED!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
if you need any kettlebell articles or any sport specific training articles.....let me know ;)

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I have no problem writing articles portraying the typical bone-heads that clutter gyms across the world. They will also include proper gym etiquette. Good articles for self-reflection, should the reader feel a sense of guilt or perhaps even hostility. Someone needs to step up and speak out regarding said matters.

R

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
No, it doesn't matter at all.

Justin doesn't really have anything to do with the new site or the articles. This is kind of my baby, so you're better off just talking to me about it. You CAN talk to Justin, I don't care, but I don't know what you'd really be talking to him about when it comes to this.
Nice bro, il send a pm, great idea btw.

il try and get that pm to you asap.

C

coreyc20

Awards
sounds awesome, what kind of background are you looking for?

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
if you need any kettlebell articles or any sport specific training articles.....let me know ;)
^^^^This man is a pro when it comes to explaining kettlebells...lol. Sign him up for sure. :)

Cheers!:cheers:

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There isn't necessarily any experience or background required as this is all freelance. If it's a great article, we'll use it and you get a supplement of your choice. If it sucks, we won't use it and you won't get anything. lol

The "featured writers" will be writers sort of on staff with the website. They'll have a more permanent deal going. I'll decide who those individuals are based on experience and writing talent. I've already got a few lined up for those positions. They're either world-record holding athletes, strength coaches, influential recreational athletes, and/or professional athletes.

If your work continues to come in and exceeds expectations, then I'll most likely be contacting you for a spot as a featured writer, assuming there is an open position.

meathed

meathed

Awards
This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in. When do you want the articles by? I'll pm you IC.

Z

zb126

Awards
  • Established
There isn't necessarily any experience or background required as this is all freelance. If it's a great article, we'll use it and you get a supplement of your choice. If it sucks, we won't use it and you won't get anything. lol

The "featured writers" will be writers sort of on staff with the website. They'll have a more permanent deal going. I'll decide who those individuals are based on experience and writing talent. I've already got a few lined up for those positions. They're either world-record holding athletes, strength coaches, influential recreational athletes, and/or professional athletes.

If your work continues to come in and exceeds expectations, then I'll most likely be contacting you for a spot as a featured writer, assuming there is an open position.
nice so do you want random submissions at this point or is there a topic in mind or are we waiting for a prompt? :D

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
My dear friend! This is the best thread I have seen on AM!

Two loves, in one harmony. Writing, and fitness/wellness/diet/supplementation!

I am a writer by trade ^.^ Even wrote the last Christmas play that apparently was a great success due to its "outside the box" approach to the Christmas story :D

Man do I miss writing papers for school...sounds stupid, but was always fun.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There will be a link on our new website giving you information on where to send articles for publication.

Until then, you can send them to me: [email protected]

Please DO NOT contact me for any reasons other than the articles. If it's about something else, just shoot me a PM.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am pretty good with the written word, and have a lot of practical experience. So it doesn't matter that I am sposored by someone else ?

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am pretty good with the written word, and have a lot of practical experience. So it doesn't matter that I am sposored by someone else ?
Nope, not at all. While this site will be owned by LG Sciences, and there really won't be any direct discussion towards other specific supplements (ingredients are fine, just not products by direct competitors), this site is designed to be purely informational based. I want athletes from all over to come to OUR site to get information on training, strength routines, dieting, lifestyle choices, etc., from a group of people just like themselves. - It won't be purely based around Bodybuilding or Powerlifting. I've even got a featured author that used to play in the NBA! Here's a few that will be writing for us:

Luka Hocevar: http://www.hocevarperformance.com/
Chase Karnes: http://chasekarnes.com/
Rosie Scott (you all know this lady :) ) : http://rosiesmusclerevolution.webs.com/
Darilyn Doddy: YouTube- Darilyn Doddy age 19 Bench presses 330

...and a few others. (They're not freelance)

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok guys this is ALL SET!!!

Anyone can submit articles. If your article is chosen, you'll be notified. At that point, let us know which supplement you want. - Protein requires two articles as it costs so much to ship. :eek:

SUBMIT ARTICLES TO: [email protected]

The site will not be ready for a few more weeks, but I'm gathering content right now, so get them in!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Anyone can submit articles. If your article is chosen, you'll be notified. At that point, let us know which supplement you want. - Protein requires two articles as it costs so much to ship. :eek:

The site will not be ready for a few more weeks, but I'm gathering content right now, so get them in!
I love how I just find this today! I did email your personal account and will start work on an article, should be a lot of fun!

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to some great articles guys.. oh and Rosie :p

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Should I re send them to this email instead.?

Z

zb126

Awards
  • Established

Nice, any categories you guys have planned so we have some ideas where to start? I was also thinking of getting some healthy eating recipes together if that would fit in somewhere....

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, any categories you guys have planned so we have some ideas where to start? I was also thinking of getting some healthy eating recipes together if that would fit in somewhere....
Basically anything. I believe the categories listed will be: Training, Supplement Science, Cooking, Food and Beverage, Traveling and Leisure, Entertainment, and Sports.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to see an article on Nutrient timing, best times to take in fats, carbs, etc.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Basically anything. I believe the categories listed will be: Training, Supplement Science, Cooking, Food and Beverage, Traveling and Leisure, Entertainment, and Sports.
lol I didnt know F+B and cooking were categories. My current full time job (while I do KB training part time) is a line cook (used to be sous chef) at a major resort.

I can help you a lot if I ever get a minute to put anything on paper

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd like to see an article on Nutrient timing, best times to take in fats, carbs, etc.
I agree Met..would be very beneficial to allot of folks..Im glad to see Rosie in there, very smart individual!

Z

zb126

Awards
  • Established
I agree Met..would be very beneficial to allot of folks..Im glad to see Rosie in there, very smart individual!
hmm I'm almost finished with Ivy's book on nutrient timing so I'll look into that maybe

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Awesome idea IC!

I'm working on some macro timing that Im perfecting in my diet currently. Should be a good read, I'll make sure to shoot it over to the site when it's done!