*NEW* Controlled Labs Contest: Review the Review!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thumbs up *NEW* Controlled Labs Contest: Review the Review!

Controlled Labs has another opportunity for the AnabolicMinds community to WIN!!

----------------------------------------

Review the Review Contest
    Here's how you play to win:
    Search the forum for a CONTROLLED LABS Review or Log, and review it! State what is good about the thread/post. Make sure to include personal experiences, agreements, extra comments and critiques. Make sure to link the thread and/or quote!

We're awarding you for recognizing your peers hard work, struggle and contribution to this wonderful forum.

-----------------------------------------

Prizes / General Rules
    We will pick three winners and award them a CONTROLLED LABS product of their choice. The top reviewer will also win a black Controlled Lab's T-Shirt in addition to the product.

* Must be 18 or over
    * Must be a US resident
    * Contest will end December 5th, 2008. Just in time for a holiday gift!

------------------------------------------
    Recognize, Review and Reap the Rewards!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.58%

1st! Il be all over this tomorrow!
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    1st! Il be all over this tomorrow!
    Lots of good logs and reviews on here!!! This should be awesome to see!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Original idea, RR!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.13%

I sense a lot of Volcom Log reviews to come.... LOL.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSquats View Post
    LOL. x2!
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSquats;
    I tend to agree!
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

any product? Even a sample?
    SFW and GFH
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.58%

Doesnt matter which thread or when it was logged?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Brownie Points! - I'm going to review your (Renegade Rows) Green Mag and White Flood Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...sponsored.html

To start, I love your opening post. It's colorful, organized, has the product info and product pictures, along with your stats, and starting picture, your workout, all other supplements.

Taste, it's not THE determining factor in supplement selection, but man, finding a good supplement that taste good to, well that's the kinda thing that just makes me want to keep on buyin'! I like your review of the supplement taste, I have never tried White Flood myself, but I see that you commented on a not so great taste of a previous version, which gives me some hope that this wont be another "I got free products so I'm gonna pimp this company" log. The Green mag I have used, and I agree completely with your review, I loved the taste.

The individual log post look organized, I like the mood part, But I think the supplement could be judged on more levels than just mood. Also the setup for the weights lifted makes it tough to follow throughout the log, also I don't see any weights, just sets and rep (I'm guessing) which makes it tough to follow any progress.

Here's were is gets shaky, after 14 log entries, the thread just stops? cold turkey? no nothing? What happened after this? How did you like the products? Would you BUY them yourself? Do you plan to buy them? How were your gains? After pictures? Anything else you would stack with these in the future? Any opinions at all?

I like it up till the end, actually since I am kinda interested in them both I really read the whole thread, but when I got to the end I guess I was a little disappointed that it just stopped. Still a decent log though!
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Doesnt matter which thread or when it was logged?
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    any product? Even a sample?
    Yup!
  12. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Quote Originally Posted by Orangepeel View Post
    Brownie Points! - I'm going to review your (Renegade Rows) Green Mag and White Flood Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...sponsored.html

To start, I love your opening post. It's colorful, organized, has the product info and product pictures, along with your stats, and starting picture, your workout, all other supplements.

Taste, it's not THE determining factor in supplement selection, but man, finding a good supplement that taste good to, well that's the kinda thing that just makes me want to keep on buyin'! I like your review of the supplement taste, I have never tried White Flood myself, but I see that you commented on a not so great taste of a previous version, which gives me some hope that this wont be another "I got free products so I'm gonna pimp this company" log. The Green mag I have used, and I agree completely with your review, I loved the taste.

The individual log post look organized, I like the mood part, But I think the supplement could be judged on more levels than just mood. Also the setup for the weights lifted makes it tough to follow throughout the log, also I don't see any weights, just sets and rep (I'm guessing) which makes it tough to follow any progress.

Here's were is gets shaky, after 14 log entries, the thread just stops? cold turkey? no nothing? What happened after this? How did you like the products? Would you BUY them yourself? Do you plan to buy them? How were your gains? After pictures? Anything else you would stack with these in the future? Any opinions at all?

I like it up till the end, actually since I am kinda interested in them both I really read the whole thread, but when I got to the end I guess I was a little disappointed that it just stopped. Still a decent log though!

STRONG ENTRY!!!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I would love to have my current log reviewed, because I am very interested in learning how to log the best possible way. That's something I wonder about, if I'm providing the right type of information or enough of it.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.63%

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I would love to have my current log reviewed, because I am very interested in learning how to log the best possible way. That's something I wonder about, if I'm providing the right type of information or enough of it.
    Not a full review I am in hurry right now, but from a quick overview just to help ya out. I dont generally like to see a full workout in detail with all reps, sets, and whatever else. Although in your case, the color coded +/- Reps/Sets you put beside is is pretty sweet! I havn't seen any other logs with that in it, makes it real easy to follow progress!
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.12%

i always post my workout - sets/reps because i think its important that the reader knows how i train. beside it, i list the change in weight (if any), so the reader doesn't have to scroll back to the beginning of the log. i probably have too much time on my hands though.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.63%

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    i always post my workout - sets/reps because i think its important that the reader knows how i train. beside it, i list the change in weight (if any), so the reader doesn't have to scroll back to the beginning of the log. i probably have too much time on my hands though.
    I like to see some, maybe somthing the OP wants to focus on, but seeing a full WO in detail is very tough to follow, especially if you dig up the thread after its done, 4-6 weeks of WO is a lot.
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Feedback in the form of entries wins you products !!!

18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

B.u.m.p.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Controlled Labs BLUE GENE vs. CTDeuce! **sponsored**

I like this log's amount of detail and honesty. This is something I pride myself on is honesty in a log. He didn't fudge any numbers pre or post log. He posted pictures, and we saw exactly what he did every day. He even posted his meal plans, wow.

I haven't tried blue gene, but it does peak my interest. I am a visual and detail person and he easily catered to my wants without even trying. If I were running a log, the Deucester would definitely be one of my loggers. I also liked that he kept running his usual staples so that he could understand that difference of a new variable.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.06%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

My Purple Wrath Review

I like how this user was honest and objective in everything he rated.I'm going to copy, paste, and put into quotation what the reviewer has to say and right below compare my experience.

Mix ability

"When I first mixed it up, there was still quite a bit of stuff left floating in my shaker... but the majority of what was left dissolved within 2-3 min."

Mix ability was not an issue for myself. Mixed well for myself.

Taste

"I thought that the taste was a little funky, I didn't enjoy it but it wasn't like I couldn't drink it. I'm sure the new taste in the improved formula is much better."

I didn't think it was funky; however, I did think it was a bit chalky like and might have choked me a bit. I think this could use improvement.

Pump

This gave me an overall good pump, wasn't extreme but it was more than what i normally get in the gym. It was more than I expected because I wasn't expecting anything as far as a pump goes.

I really didn't notice. maybe a bit more of a pump due to the ingredients like cillatine mall ate, l-nova, I know the literature on these. Maybe an increased pump, nothing huge or anything recognized.

Overall

"Good Supp. Nuff Said. I think everyone knows this already. Flavor was the only issue but I'm sure it has been fixed in the updated version."

I believe I tried the updated version? Overall it is good stuff I mean anyone who knows there stuff knows beta alanine and bcaa's work along with cillirtine malate for increase no production , ginger for soothing the stomach.Overall works very well and does what it says it does.
    Last edited by John Smeton; 11-16-2008 at 09:37 PM.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  21. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%

Reviewing a Beastly Review...

This post scrutinizes the thread: http://http://anabolicminds.com/foru...review-pw.html

It is fairly mundane, with standard features that communicate somewhat helpful but umimpressive facts. That is not to say this a bad review, merely "run-of-the-mill."

This particular review was chosen in part for it's title (the term "GFH" amuses me every time I encounter it) and in part for the products the user OBeast was reviewing. Purple Wraath has provided much benefit, energy and improved recovery for me in the past, and White Flood is increasingly becoming of interest to me with it's tablet-form release and the logs associated therewith.

OBeast utilizes the 1-10 number scale to evaluate a number of factors pertaining to WF and PW. On the whole, these numbers are what you would typically expect; scores ranging from 8-10 form a large majority. While I am sure that OBeast did find his products to be great in most respects, the 1-10 scale does little to set his CL supplements of choice apart from the myriad of other products similarly rated elsewhere on AM.

That being said, his scores for both "eye candy/first impression" and "taste" were 5/10 and 2/10, respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBeast
    Eye candy/first impression: 5/10...Taste: 2/10
    Therefore, though everything else tops the charts by his standards, he is still objective enough to report a shortcoming.

In addition to his numeric ratings, OBeast comments on each of his "factors", beginning with his low scoring "eye candy/first impression":
    Eye candy/first impression: 5/10
    I really like Cl's labeling and the safety orange color of the WF really makes the product look serious and somehow powerfull, but when I cracked open the container and gave it the whiff test I threw up a liitle in my mouth.
    Unfortuneately, he only comments upon his first contact with the White Flood, forgetting the Purple Wraath. However, his feelings are made perfectly clear. I cannot comment on White Flood's smell. I will say the packaging is nice, but I must admit that if a supplement works well enough to use consistently, I'd take it if it smelled awful and came in a plastic bag.

Mixability: 10/10
    The only similar product of this nature I have used is Charge from Labrada I think and It was like drinking sandy water. I put this stuff in a shaker bottle gave it a little shaky-shaky and viola mixed. There were a few shiney blue things I could see swirling around the bottle, But I couldnt feel them going down and that is what is important to me.
    Every amino acid product I have ever used has retained some amount of sedimentation. I do agree with him, though, in that there is very little of it when PW is dissolved and mixed.

Taste: 2/10
    I know a lot of people say playing with the quantity of the water makes a difference and I will see but at 1 scoop PW, 2 scoops WF, and 25 ounces of water it was bad,real bad.
    Now, OBeast used an outdated release of PW and WF, meaning that the flavors of both have since been updated, upgraded and improved. Still, he gives his honest opinion and even "stuck with it", experimenting with water volume until he found a concentration he enjoyed:
    This time I used 2 scoops WF, 1 scoop PW, 50 ounces of water.
    This amount of water I think is just right. This makes it a completely different animal. It actually tastes like something designed for human consumption, pleasant even. The fact that it actually tastes pleasant means I was able to sip it over about 15-20 minutes. This in turn really helped with the focus/energy. Before, the energy hit so hard I was a bit jittery but not this time. So my updated scores are.
    Taste: 8/10
    Energy: 10/10
    This really easily could have been one of those lazy saturdays but not with this stuff. I drank it about 1:00 and at 1:25 as I pulled into the parking lot I started feeling the tingle and knew it was going to be a good day.
    Typical comment for a pre-workout mix, something I myself have been guilty of, I am sure. His energy is up and he's got Beta-Alanine Paresthesia. A little vague and general, but most loggers have been in the same position.

Focus: 8/10
    The focus was great today except I dont usually get a lot of caffeine and after my first set I felt a little jittery so I walked into the locker-room and sat down for a minute and tried to calm down. It worked and It was smooth energy all the way after that.
    "Jittery" energy cannot be automatically assumed to be due to caffeine, as White Flood contains plenty of other ergogenic ingredients that could just as likely contribute to such a feeling in one unaccustomed to those substances. His heightened focus is likewise cumulatively due to these same ingredients.

Pump: 10/10
    I am giving this a 10 but I almost felt like a different 'kind' of pump. After my first set which was a superset of flat bench and wide grip low pulley rows I didnt really feel anything different but when I went into the locker-room and saw myself in the mirrors I was like "Damn, my pecs are swole!!" And this trend continued I didnt really feel a pump but the mirror said otherwise. Which was really the thing I liked best because the "pump and the burn" sometimes is a bit of a destraction to me especially in my arms when I am trying to do back.
    I really don't like evaluating a supp based upon the "pump" it provides, as a "pump" is only one of a number of factors that indicate and influence hypertrophy. I have gained plenty of muscle and size in the past without incurring or attempting to achieve a "pump". With that understood, I can easily see how White Flood could rate so highly on his scale; it does contain several nitric oxide enhancing ingredients as well as vasodilators, resulting in a potent combination for eliciting a "pump"

Overall: 10/10
    I know this isn't and average of the above scores but really, is smell and taste that important in a sup. It really performed in the gym and that is all that matters to me. If taste was that important I would have just drank some Kool-aid and sat on the couch all day.... mmmmmm ..... Kool-aid.
    No final thoughts on the products other than "they work." Are they exceptional? Will you be using them again? Did you find them overpriced or a steal in value? Additionally, the majority of his feedback could pertain entirely to WF, leaving poor PW out in the cold. Where is the mention of decreased recovery time, increased stamina, abnormal progress or something of the like? Just using PW alone, I felt much better both during and after my workout (more endurance, less drained), but PW's effects are sadly left mainly to the imagination.

OBeast evaluated these CL products fairly as he saw it and honestly as well. His detail is somewhat lacking and methods are a little mediocre, but noone is asking for perfection. I would have appreciated further updates (he does mention that WF upsets his stomach under certain circumstances) perhaps with progress in strength or weight-gain or size delineated. In the absence of these, we can conclude that he had an enjoyable workout and that he benefitted from and liked his CL stack. I too heartily say that my experiences with CL and their products have all been enjoyable and effective.

Thank RR for running this contest and my apologies if this review is a little lengthy.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Here we go Great entries guys.
    LOTS of detail!!!!
  23. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.58%

Bah, I have been slacking because Ive been so busy. I have to throw mine up soon.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.84%

Gonna try and hop on this one after school today
  25. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.28%

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Here we go Great entries guys.
    LOTS of detail!!!!
    Yep! Interesting avatar, by the way!
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Yep! Interesting avatar, by the way!
    My dream physique (horns and all!)
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

what the hell is your avatar supposed to be?? looks familiar......maybe from a video game or movie....i think its a video game
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Quote Originally Posted by just93 View Post
    what the hell is your avatar supposed to be?? looks familiar......maybe from a video game or movie....i think its a video game

Is it??? LOL I don't even know. I think he's a jacked badass looking thing. I think I may change it though.

Edit: Doom or Quake perhaps? lol
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

maybe its quake, not sure, thats really the only game i have played with mythical creatures like this.....................i will fond out, because it will piss me off if i dont lol
    i wouldnt change it lol..........but im gunna find a kewler one lol
  30. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Quote Originally Posted by just93 View Post
    maybe its quake, not sure, thats really the only game i have played with mythical creatures like this.....................i will fond out, because it will piss me off if i dont lol
    i wouldnt change it lol..........but im gunna find a kewler one lol
    Good once you do I'll steal the squirrel one you got
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

maybe gears of war............??
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

haha they have one for a gopher, and one of a squirrel with a massive nut bag.........just search google images for "animals with guns"
  33. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Bahahahahahhahaha
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!! its a MINOTAUR!!!!
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Rr !! We Should Have A All Out War With Awesome Avatars Lol
  36. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.22%

Controlled Labs BLUE GENE vs. CTDeuce! **sponsored**

I like this log's amount of detail and honesty. This is something I pride myself on is honesty in a log. He didn't fudge any numbers pre or post log. He posted pictures, and we saw exactly what he did every day. He even posted his meal plans, wow.

I haven't tried blue gene, but it does peak my interest. I am a visual and detail person and he easily catered to my wants without even trying. If I were running a log, the Deucester would definitely be one of my loggers. I also liked that he kept running his usual staples so that he could understand that difference of a new variable.
    I appreciate that you would choose my thread to review....good review also, Thank you!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  37. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.63%

Bump for more entries!
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  145 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

You are welcome Deucester. I hope I win. Could we do multiple entries? Lol
  39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.41%

You are welcome Deucester. I hope I win. Could we do multiple entries? Lol
    Yeah, I'd like to review another one - maybe a better one...
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  40. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.22%

If I get a free minute, I will do one of these...i've been so damn busy lately
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net

Similar Forum Threads

1. CONTROLLED LABS GOLDEN GAINS REVIEW!!
    By GeekPoop in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 12:58 AM
  2. Controlled Labs Samples Review (mini review)
    By SouthernCharm in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 12:12 AM
  3. Controlled Labs Golden Gains Review
    By TexasLifter89 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 06:35 AM
  4. REducTION AM/PM By Controlled LABS! Sample review
    By MrBigPR in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
  5. Controlled Labs Orange Triad Review