PROMO: New UniversalUSA Site

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Universal Nutrition

A brand new site, UniversalUSA, dedicated to just the Universal line (Universal Nutrition has several "brands").

Stop by, check it out, and tell us your feedback--what works, what doesn't, what future features you'd like to see.

We'll randomly pick suggestions/users and reward 'em with a Universal brand supp. Thanks fellas.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
First. Great to see the torrent samples here too.

The site is bad ass.:head::hammer:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks nice, any way to have a button on the main page to mute the sound? I got my speakers up way to loud. And this way you can listen to music and still browse the site without hearing * Ding, Ding Ding*

Pemmican

Pemmican

Awards
new site looks sick. i thnk one thing that might be good is to make the text a little bit larger in the suppliments section so that you know that you loaded that page. it looks the same as the first page that says features/shop...i have a 27" screen and the letters are still kind of small. looks pretty hardcore though...nice work.

NAS

NAS

Awards
nice looking site, my thoughts from a marketing student:
-Loads quick even with dial up
-Easy navigation
-Consistent with Universal ads which is comforting, a change in the structure drastic from other add might be seen as strange or like there is not enough communication by designers
-The weight plate clinking is cool when you scroll over categories
-I think the "Universal" index logo on all the pages is a little too large could be vertically decreased by say half, or at least one inch if it dosnt mess up the image dimensions, it would be cool to see more of the hard core Universal lifters on the nav pages
-Store pages are easy navigation and you dont have to search for what you are looking for, ie gear, protein

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
damnn this new site is tight, im a web designer and i like this site alot. ps: thanks for the torrent sample woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Definitely lovin' the look of the new site!!! The HUUUGE Universal logo rocks!!!:head::head::head::head:

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
nice looking site, my thoughts from a marketing student:
-Loads quick even with dial up
-Easy navigation
-Consistent with Universal ads which is comforting, a change in the structure drastic from other add might be seen as strange or like there is not enough communication by designers
-The weight plate clinking is cool when you scroll over categories
-I think the "Universal" index logo on all the pages is a little too large could be vertically decreased by say half, or at least one inch if it dosnt mess up the image dimensions, it would be cool to see more of the hard core Universal lifters on the nav pages
-Store pages are easy navigation and you dont have to search for what you are looking for, ie gear, protein
Expect some big changes for Universal in '09... It may change even change the face of bodybuilding. Who knows?

DrkZoolander

DrkZoolander

Awards
Expect some big changes for Universal in '09... It may change even change the face of bodybuilding. Who knows?

sweet site for sure! really jumps out at you at first yet very straightfoward and simple at the same time!

glad to see the Torrent samples are here for all to try that haven't already!
get more people hooked!!

:bruce3:

GreenSquats

GreenSquats

Awards
  • Established
Sweet!! It's perfect in my eyes :D, but if I HAD to say something, I would say that it would be cool if on the home page, on either side where it's just black strips, if you put like quotes by Universal Bodybuilders in red font.

clownbaby

clownbaby

Awards
  • Established
great looking site but i would improve this:

the universal is too large looks good but distracts away from the actual site. A title at the top is good but this is a little over the top in presentation. it makes you have to scroll down to navigate.

remove the navigation from the bottom left. navigation should be higher up or right below the top to ensure easy surfing of the site. if people have to scroll down, it is less friendly and could decrease returning visitors.

the setup of articles in a minature DIV box is not a good decision. it has minature scroll bar to it. it looks a bit amateur. i woudl improve the site layout personally.

the link to your store sends users back to universalnutrition.com i would try to implement everything into one site with a universal layout. try to use more CSS stylesheets. it allows for easy updates as well as faster loading times.

the flash added in is a waste. if you are going to use flash use it for a good reason. the way it is currently setup does not improve site loading times. in fact it actually can slow the site load. if your site perhaps had a flash title that is a good use and sometimes navigation. however the actual pages are just a photo but loaded in flash. this could be accomplished using html or another programming language that surpasses flash presentation.

hope this helps (i know it will though)

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I like it but

-Needs a way to mute the sounds
-The Animal logo is WAAAY to big
-The actual navigation/viewing area of the site is only on about 10% of the screen, i don't like having to scroll so much to read the articles out of a 2" tall area
-I would rather see a smaller logo, with navigation under, something similar to the AM website at the top.
-Supplement articles should be separated by the supplement name, not by the catchy phrases, If I want info on your Animal M-stak, I don't want to look through every article until I find the "Good, Beta, Best" article and find out in the last sentence of the last paragraph that the article is about Animal M-stak.
-The Free samples are Sweet, but make the wording larger, and your sites already in flash, make the letter flash or something, but don't make it stick out so much that I'll get a seizure from it being there.
-It would be cool to have the store stay inside that website instead of opening a new window.
-Make it more interactive, it's not a website I would check out often, I could read everything in in only a few hours, and then I would probably never visit again, plus most the info on the site is already on your other sites, its just arranged differently with "catchy phrases" which I think make it less organized and tougher to find what you want to see.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The site rocks.....Looks good has the "animal" feel to it. I do however agree that the universal at the top is a bit large and imposing on the rest of the text. I am also really happy to see the torrent samples up there. also the sub categories should definetly be in a bigger font....the site really does rock though.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Add'd to my (favorites) for quick access. lol

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
alright since everyone else said it, i do agree just make the logo a tad bit smaller, it can still be big showing how tough and big animal is, but still it can be a tad bit smaller. ;]

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to go against the grain and say I love the Huge Ol Skool U lable!!! Site as a whole rocks! :head: :bow28:

Wish all the lables would go to that it would kick ass! :head:

eneyman

eneyman

Awards
the site is pretty cool, some suggestions though would be to increase the text size of the products and definitely put up pictures of the product as well ex. the tub itself or the logo of the product. Maybe even a Universal community section/mini forum to discuss the products and upcoming ones as well.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
site looks great guys, congrats

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
pretty kewl!!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
when ur mouse isnt on the logo scrolling with the mouse wheel doesnt work.
needs more than a huge universal stamp. The size is ok if there was more underneath to look at....
looks good though. Maybe an option to turn sound off.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Love the bottom half of the screen.

Top Logo
The main problem I have is with the top Universal logo. It is a nice design element, but there are a couple issues with it in regards to the functional aspect of the site.

As you navigate the site, the top logo actually gets LARGER taking up more than half of the screen on an industry standard resolution of 1024x768. Speaking of that resolution, if viewing at the most common of resolutions (yes even with the cheap LCD prices, 1024 is still the most used) you have to scroll down to even view the entire menu. Get that into the top 768 pixels of the page, whatever you have to do.

Content should be KING
I love the pics of your sponsored athletes, but I severely dislike any scrolling on your main content (the news section on the left for example). You should design around allowing your content to rule the layout, not be second fiddle to an enormous logo. That logo at the top is great on the main page, but as you navigate INTO the site, it should be condensed as more of a secondary design element. Again, the content should rule the design, especially once you have drawn a viewer into the site. Once you've achieved that, the overbearing logo will only frustrate the user as they have to scroll through any content available.

Product section
Your product search is at the very bottom of the page, which would be fine if you didnt have to scroll down to it! keep it in view. As you enter the product section, do not miss the opportunity to bring focus to new products or highlight promotions etc here! Currently the content is blank upon navigating here. Skip the "Features | Store" selection, and go straight into the "Features" page. Then a user can navigate to the store using the provided and prominent link at the top left.

Sounds/Music
Always give an option to mute sounds.

All in all, it is an attractive and well thought out site. The content is a bit difficult to get to, is my main concern, as well as the overbearing logo.

legaleze

legaleze

Awards
Site is awesome. I def. like the music and large graphics. I mean isn't that what universal is all about, getting pumped and getting big. Only drawback i can see with graphics is it takes time to load on a slow connection. I also love the layout on the main page, just shows that universal is commited to the total package: nutrition, training, news etc. Its nice to know that a company is dedicated to their customers, not just to make a quick sale. Also forgot to mention how awesome the free torrent samples are.

Congrats Universal on a badass site!

:clap2:

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Fellas, keep in mind that, according to Corporate, this ain't a permanent site (like Animalpak.com is). It's there to launch a few things. A bigger, complete overhaul for UniversalUSA.com is comin'...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Fellas, keep in mind that, according to Corporate, this ain't a permanent site (like Animalpak.com is). It's there to launch a few things. A bigger, complete overhaul for UniversalUSA.com is comin'...

Good stuff ahead U. The entire Universal line is going to get the attention it deserves.

Hg

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
God I cant wait. I tell people about you guys constantly and most people do actually shrug you off.....I have no idea why. I have definetly turned a few people towards you. Especially when it comes to animal pak. I am a pretty big guy in good shape so when people ask me what I am taking they actually listen. I preach your products and they always come back with...wow I thought they were like "one of those muscle tech companies". You guys rock and I will never stop pushing your products. I havent tried them all but I have never been dissapointed. I am anxiously awaiting my sample of torrent. I wish you guys could put up a shock therapy sample as I have tried the animal pump and loved it but would love to compare. Keep doing what you are doing!

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Of course :p That's why the feedback is so strong. To help ensure a few of these mistakes aren't pushed through to the permanent site.

Exciting to hear about the overhaul :p

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
The entire Universal line is going to get the attention it deserves.

you mean like :pose: lol

No really I can't wait to see what Universal has instore for us through the last few months of '08 and on into '09... I know it's going to be good though!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Things are definitely getting big on the horizon. I can't wait to see how things shape out. :clap2:

DrkZoolander

DrkZoolander

Awards
they sure are,would expect nothing less from universal!

russianstar

Awards
  • Established

I really liked the site, loved how it works, one thing though, when you click on the news, or the training, on the left hand side, i think the option bar with the latest information like the carb cycle science article should be bigger and bolder, and easier to see, maybe in the centre of the page, i love browsing through articles on training, so its a great feature.

Also the news options are hard to see, as its your latest news it should really catch the eye, make people want to try the supps, i didnt feel like clicking on those little links, like intra aid etc, because they were so indescript, and didnt exactly catch they eye.
All in all though i liked the site, but didnt enjoy the sound of the plates, any option available on the page to turn it off?
Looking fowards to some great products, hope this feedback helps!!!

mattakaspeedy

Awards
I like the site especially the split screen. Very fancy :)

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I like the design of the animalpak.com website over all the others, I wouldn't mind seeing all the Universal sub site, and the main Universal website with a similar design.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
i'm gonna call it that the U is coming out with new Universal "iconic"-type shirts... i hope?!? :whip:

the new site is very cool... like the overall look and feel. :clap2:

Universal as a brand just has so many solid products...
if you can't find it under the U, you probably don't need it, haha.

i especially like "The Life" and the journals section...
it will be cool to follow Vinny's journey there.

i'd suggest an "Athlete's" section...
have a bio and some pics of each of the guys...
Vinny, BigAnt, Big Al, Evan, The House, etc.
you could also link their articles there too.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I really liked the site, loved how it works, one thing though, when you click on the news, or the training, on the left hand side, i think the option bar with the latest information like the carb cycle science article should be bigger and bolder, and easier to see, maybe in the centre of the page, i love browsing through articles on training, so its a great feature.

Also the news options are hard to see, as its your latest news it should really catch the eye, make people want to try the supps, i didnt feel like clicking on those little links, like intra aid etc, because they were so indescript, and didnt exactly catch they eye.
All in all though i liked the site, but didnt enjoy the sound of the plates, any option available on the page to turn it off?
Looking fowards to some great products, hope this feedback helps!!!
I agree with alot of this, the articles, which I really enjoyed so far, especially "trial and error" and "weight training for weight loss", should be larger and more eye catching rather than so small and off to the side, if the text/font was bigger it would bring more attention to them. And the universal logo is cool, but its a little overpowering, at least on my screen size, plus I find it really annoying to have to keep scrolling up and down when browsing the site. Perhaps having the articles open up into another window. Overall the site is awesome, but I would like to see a few tweaks to make it even better.

BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
The new universal site is great!

I actually love the oversized Universal logo..

As already mentioned, it may be wise to include a "turn off Sounds" feature and I do wish that you guys may provide bios and other information of the athletes under Universal..Erik, Evan, Vinny, etc. That would be a sweet feature as well! Or maybe just show more pictures of them on the main pages.

I can only imagine what Universal has in store in the foreseeable future!! I am sure it will not disappoint!
:clap2:

BS55

BS55

Awards
  • Established
Things are definitely getting HUGE on the horizon. I can't wait to see how things shape out. :clap2:
:goodpost:

*edited to be more consistent with the HUGENESS of Universal* :jaw:

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
noticed the "Sounds On/Off" button on the bottom right-hand of the screen this morning...
props for those of us at work! :clap2:

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
i'm gonna call it that the U is coming out with new Universal "iconic"-type shirts... i hope?!? :whip:

the new site is very cool... like the overall look and feel. :clap2:

Universal as a brand just has so many solid products...
if you can't find it under the U, you probably don't need it, haha.

i especially like "The Life" and the journals section...
it will be cool to follow Vinny's journey there.

i'd suggest an "Athlete's" section...
have a bio and some pics of each of the guys...
Vinny, BigAnt, Big Al, Evan, The House, etc.
you could also link their articles there too.
I've officially put in a request to Corporate for some cool new Universal Gear (Iconic style)...

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
noticed the "Sounds On/Off" button on the bottom right-hand of the screen this morning...
props for those of us at work! :clap2:
Nice... Looks like Corporate is paying attention.

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
I've officially put in a request to Corporate for some cool new Universal Gear (Iconic style)...
props. u know i'm down.
got the white Universal T and the white Sportpharma T,
as well as every Animal Iconic except for the new 25th anni one... :stick:

a new U t-shirt (in black hopefully) would be sw-eet! :head::cheers:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
you mean like :pose: lol

No really I can't wait to see what Universal has instore for us through the last few months of '08 and on into '09... I know it's going to be good though!

Actually your on the right track bro ;)

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
The only problem I have, you see, is that the UNIVERSAL logo with the guy in RED is just too big! Make it smaller and bring the text size up for your left side bar and increase the text area.