Who would be interested in a bulk N-carbamylglutamate (NCG)? - AnabolicMinds.com

Who would be interested in a bulk N-carbamylglutamate (NCG)?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Who would be interested in a bulk N-carbamylglutamate (NCG)?

As you all are aware BSN created a ton of interest in N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) by advertising NCG-CR. There was also a nice article in MD about this compound touting it as "the next big anabolic supplement".

APS was thinking of making a bulk NCG product containing 250mg/cap at 60 caps per bottle for an unbelievable price. This would give everyone a chance to try this compound without diggng deep into their pockets. Who would be interested. This compound holds on a ton of potential.

Here is some information.

NCG: The Ultimate Anabolic Supplement?
    Written by Anssi Manninen, MHS
    Friday, 09 March 2007
    A recent study at Baylor College of Medicine examined the effects of oral N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) supplementation on growth rate in piglets. NCG is an activator of arginine synthesis. Interestingly, the investigators reported that piglets supplementing with NCG gained 28 percent more weight than control pigs over the seven-day period. Protein anabolism rates in longissimus dorsi and gastrocnemius muscles were 30 percent and 21 percent greater, respectively, in NCG-supplemented piglets compared with control pigs.

Futhermore, piglets treated with NCG had greater blood concentrations of arginine and growth hormone (GH) than control pigs. Thus, the authors concluded that oral NCG supplementation increases blood arginine and GH levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis. While the results of this study are intriguing, it's currently unknown whether NCG supplementation has similar effects in humans.

The author of this article has no financial relationship with companies producing N-carbamylglutamate.

Reference: Frank JW, et al. Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of piglets. J Nut,. 2007 Feb;137(2):315-9.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.

That would def. be interested in some bulk
    N-carbamylglutamate. Its something i've been meaning to do some research on.

Thumbs up from me!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Thanks for the reply. We think it is a very cool item when you can get a month supply fr about $20.00.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by apsnutrition View Post
    Thanks for the reply. We think it is a very cool item when you can get a month supply fr about $20.00.
    Sounds like a price that can't be beat!
  5. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

As you all are aware BSN created a ton of interest in N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) by advertising NCG-CR. There was also a nice article in MD about this compound touting it as "the next big anabolic supplement".

APS was thinking of making a bulk NCG product containing 250mg/cap at 60 caps per bottle for an unbelievable price. This would give everyone a chance to try this compound without diggng deep into their pockets. Who would be interested. This compound holds on a ton of potential.

Here is some information.

NCG: The Ultimate Anabolic Supplement?
    Written by Anssi Manninen, MHS
    Friday, 09 March 2007
    A recent study at Baylor College of Medicine examined the effects of oral N-carbamylglutamate (NCG) supplementation on growth rate in piglets. NCG is an activator of arginine synthesis. Interestingly, the investigators reported that piglets supplementing with NCG gained 28 percent more weight than control pigs over the seven-day period. Protein anabolism rates in longissimus dorsi and gastrocnemius muscles were 30 percent and 21 percent greater, respectively, in NCG-supplemented piglets compared with control pigs.

Futhermore, piglets treated with NCG had greater blood concentrations of arginine and growth hormone (GH) than control pigs. Thus, the authors concluded that oral NCG supplementation increases blood arginine and GH levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis. While the results of this study are intriguing, it's currently unknown whether NCG supplementation has similar effects in humans.

The author of this article has no financial relationship with companies producing N-carbamylglutamate.

Reference: Frank JW, et al. Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of piglets. J Nut,. 2007 Feb;137(2):315-9.
    Awesome!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  6. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im down!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.

im down!
  8. New Member

Talking

I don't think there are going to be any objections to releasing this in bulk! It sounds great! Now make it happen
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

would def go and get some
  10. Board Supporter

Yes please. Seems very interesting.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Very Interesting!!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

If we can get just a little more interest we may defintely move forward.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.

Its only been 2 days since thread started.......Im sure alot more people will say "Yes" when they see this thread.

I mean anything that, increases blood arginine and GH levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis, Is a must try in my opinion!!!!!!!!!!! And everyone elses too!!
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.

I am VERY much interested in hearing about this one ! .. at the same time, positively surprised that i've already encountered this ingredient before; Cellucor's N-Zero. .. I've actually spoked with reps of Cellucor before, and they told me that it's one of the reasons for why their formula is so unique in their N-Zero.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing more about this one .. so 'YES!'
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

- My Quest To Reach 200 lbs. Is Officially In The Making!
  15. Senior Member

Interested.
    Where do I sign? :P
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

sounds great, and at a great price
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  17. New Member

just curious what BSN product is it in?
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Welcome APs.=) I'm skeptical as usual. I stick with the basics in till it's really proven
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

i want it NOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bring it on. I've been interested in this one. I guess BSN didn't follow through with it?
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Welcome APs.=) I'm skeptical as usual. I stick with the basics in till it's really proven
    Rightfully so...but we are not named "Advanced" Performance Supplements without a reason. Just kidding. It really is a promising ingredient that we have been testing on people in the local area and it has proven itself effective.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BifWebster View Post
    just curious what BSN product is it in?
    It was going to be in thier NCG-CR. Its also in CMI's Anabolic Signal. Great compound and we can offer it at the best price.
  23. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It was going to be in thier NCG-CR. Its also in CMI's Anabolic Signal. Great compound and we can offer it at the best price.
    Make it happen!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  24. New Member

Sounds really interesting
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

im so down!
  26. New Member

im down
  27. New Member

YES!!! definetely. i infact just went searching for cellucor's. couldnt find it
  28. Advanced Member

Do It, Do It, Do It!!!!!!!! Me Want Now!!!!!!!
  29. New Member

I'd buy.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

In!
    "I would be proud to sport that body on the beach, or for a hot date." -Dsade commenting on my pics
  31. New Member

Well it's unanimous! Let's get shredded!! :bb3:
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

We are also looking at releasing a pure methyl-synephrine product (please do not compare to regular synephrine...M-synephrine is VERY thermogenic), a PEA blend using r-beta
    methylphenylethylamine
    and our new N-Methyl-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine . These are the most highly evolved forms of PEA in one little capsule

What are your guys thoughts?

Of course these would be at a unbeleivable price. APS is striving to be your one-stop shop for all your ADVANCED supplement needs.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

yer sound good, im in
  34. Board Supporter

I'm in again. How soon would these products be available?
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  214 lbs.

lets roll
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

We can have this done in a matter of days. I will speak with the owner of APS today.
  37. Board Supporter

Nice. Any ideas about pricing
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  214 lbs.

just curious, correct me if i am wrong but, in the studies i have seen the pigs were given 50mg per kg of body weight, so how many of your 250 mg pills would you suggest we would have to take for a 220 lb man to equal the results of the studies? 20? every 12 hours? am i figuring this wrong?

quote from study

Technical Abstract: Oral supplementation of NCG, an analogue of N-acetylglutamate, increases plasma arginine concentrations and growth rate in sow-reared piglets. To investigate the mechanism involved in this growth response, nursing piglets (n = 18; BW = 3.19 kg) were orally administered 0 or 50 mg/kg BW of NCG twice daily from 9 to 16 d of age. On d 17, piglets were intragastrically fed sow's milk at a rate of 7.5 ml/kg, with the respective NCG treatment at time 0 and 60 min, then given an i.v. flooding dose of [(3)H]phenylalanine to measure protein synthesis. At 90 min, the piglets were euthanized and tissue samples were collected. NCG-treated pigs gained 25% more weight during the 8-d trial than control pigs (1.93 +/- 0.07 vs. 1.55 +/- 0.10 kg, respectively; P<0.01). Tissue mass and protein synthesis rate of longissimus dorsi were 16% and 20% greater respectively, in NCG-treated pigs compared to control pigs; however, these increases did not reach statistical significance. NCG-treated pigs had 29% higher plasma insulin concentrations at 90 min compared to control pigs, but this difference was not statistically significant. Plasma arginine concentrations were 32% higher in NCG-treated pigs compared to control pigs at 90 min (P<0.05). Although the exact mechanism has not been delineated, it appears that oral NCG administration increases plasma arginine levels leading to an increase in growth rate of nursing piglets.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeverage View Post
    just curious, correct me if i am wrong but, in the studies i have seen the pigs were given 50mg per kg of body weight, so how many of your 250 mg pills would you suggest we would have to take for a 220 lb man to equal the results of the studies? 20? every 12 hours? am i figuring this wrong?

quote from study

Technical Abstract: Oral supplementation of NCG, an analogue of N-acetylglutamate, increases plasma arginine concentrations and growth rate in sow-reared piglets. To investigate the mechanism involved in this growth response, nursing piglets (n = 18; BW = 3.19 kg) were orally administered 0 or 50 mg/kg BW of NCG twice daily from 9 to 16 d of age. On d 17, piglets were intragastrically fed sow's milk at a rate of 7.5 ml/kg, with the respective NCG treatment at time 0 and 60 min, then given an i.v. flooding dose of [(3)H]phenylalanine to measure protein synthesis. At 90 min, the piglets were euthanized and tissue samples were collected. NCG-treated pigs gained 25% more weight during the 8-d trial than control pigs (1.93 +/- 0.07 vs. 1.55 +/- 0.10 kg, respectively; P<0.01). Tissue mass and protein synthesis rate of longissimus dorsi were 16% and 20% greater respectively, in NCG-treated pigs compared to control pigs; however, these increases did not reach statistical significance. NCG-treated pigs had 29% higher plasma insulin concentrations at 90 min compared to control pigs, but this difference was not statistically significant. Plasma arginine concentrations were 32% higher in NCG-treated pigs compared to control pigs at 90 min (P<0.05). Although the exact mechanism has not been delineated, it appears that oral NCG administration increases plasma arginine levels leading to an increase in growth rate of nursing piglets.
    We are not stating anything to be fact based on the study. We have been trying different dosages and find 1-1,500mg to effective with local trainees.

We were just thinking of offering it at a very affordable price for those that have been interested in it for quite sometime.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  214 lbs.

still interested!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulk N-Carbamylglutamate?
    By Aoba in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 09:50 PM
  2. If anyone is interested BAM log?
    By speedpastu in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 03:55 PM
  3. N-carbamylglutamate increases protein synthesis
    By DrDave1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
  4. Is this a log you would be interested in seeing?
    By BifWebster in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 04:02 PM