PROMO: Animal Pump vs. Shock Therapy Comparo

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... Last
  1. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    PROMO: Animal Pump vs. Shock Therapy Comparo


    We're looking for a few good members who've run pre-workout supps before to test Animal Pump, head-to-head, against Shock Therapy. Both are pre-workout, creatine-based NO supps but in many ways are very different.

    Animal Pump is a "pack" supp like all Animal products--pills inside a pack. The stims in Pump are milder, smoother but more sustained.

    Shock Therpay is a flavored powder that comes in grape and punch. It provides a faster, bigger "kick" than Animal Pump.

    Among fans, there are long debates about which is better. Here for example: Animal Pump vs Shock Therapy and/or Storm? - the F O R V M

    For this mini-promo, we're looking for solid AM members who have ideally run a pre-workout supp before and would be interested in keeping a two-week sponsored supp log here. The goal is not to see how our supps compare to our competitors, but instead, how Animal Pump compares to Shock Therapy. We're just lookin' for more feedback... By doin' it this way, maybe we'll also avoid some bias. We shall see.

    Anyways, we'll select 20 winners who will get 5 packets of Shock Therapy and 5 packets of Animal Pump. Assuming a 5-day split, this will work out to a week on each product, for a total of a 2-week log. The protocol will be to run Animal Pump the first week and Shock Therapy the second week and compare. Ideally, winners should get off on their supps a week in advance--especially those who are on comparable products. It goes without saying that the sponsored supp log should be honest. At the end of the two week sponsored log, a summary of your thoughts would be awesome.

    So if you're interested in running this two-week sponsored log, let it be known here. Tell us why you'd like to run this comparo. Thanks fellas.

    Gotta have a U.S. mailing addy and be at least 18.

  2. Registered User
    AaronTech's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  166 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    178

    I would, but I'm already logging NR. Great opportunity for testers to try both products. I've used both products before and love them. I would only hold Shock Therapy in higher comp. for myself because it takes a bit for me to respond to pills. For people who are great with pills, I think AP will surprise those who haven't taken it; it's an awesome product. They're both awesome. lol
  3. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronTech View Post
    I would, but I'm already logging NR. Great opportunity for testers to try both products. I've used both products before and love them. I would only hold Shock Therapy in higher comp. for myself because it takes a bit for me to respond to pills. For people who are great with pills, I think AP will surprise those who haven't taken it; it's an awesome product. They're both awesome. lol
    See, this is what I'm talkin' about... I'm an Animal Pump kinda guy.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Rep Power
    17437

    I'm in!!! What's the timeframe of this looking like? Do you want an application or just an I'm in? lol.
    I'd have no problem starting this asap. Only two weeks, so I'll push back my next log by a week or two.
    SFW and GFH
  5. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    Never run either of them...
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  6. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    I'm in!!! What's the timeframe of this looking like? Do you want an application or just an I'm in? lol.
    I'd have no problem starting this asap. Only two weeks, so I'll push back my next log by a week or two.
    As long as it takes to get to 20 qualified testers. Just let us know why you're interested in testing these two supps. That's it.
  7. Universal Nutrition
    Board Sponsor
    naturalguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    338

    Nice promo. I use Animal Pump on the regular but some days when I am dragging and need an extra kick I use Shock Therapy instead.
  8. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    Nice promo. I use Animal Pump on the regular but some days when I am dragging and need an extra kick I use Shock Therapy instead.
    Yeah, truth be told, I have both on hand...
  9. Registered User
    broken's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    96

    pump I used it previously and enjoyed it Shock Therapy jacks my stomach up but it gives you alittle extra kick in the ass
  10. Registered User
    MrDead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    55303

    Talking


    I'm down for it!!! I've been a HUUUGE fan of Pump... But, the debate whether Shock Therapy is batter than Pump has stuck in the back of my tiny little brain... And, what better way, than to find out first hand... And, once the debate is settled, I'll have a permenant fixture in my arsenal...
  11. Registered User
    joeyamma's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    248

    Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    Nice promo. I use Animal Pump on the regular but some days when I am dragging and need an extra kick I use Shock Therapy instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Yeah, truth be told, I have both on hand...
    same for me... i guess great minds think alike?
    pretty sweet that Universal has two great products that you can run a comparo promo between the two
  12. Registered User
    joepump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    98

    First of I'm a old school animal supporter. My first actual supplement was the animalpak years ago. I'm not runnng any logs right now so I'm definatly free (lol). I've tryed alot of pre-work out supplements and have never found one thats been consistant week after week so recently i've been searching fr new one. I've not had the pleasure of trying either of these main reason my local stores has an enadequate selection of your line up. So with that said I beleive I can be a non-bias canidate who can make a honest detailed log for you guys sence I've never used either. Appreciate opportunity.
  13. Registered User
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1331

    This should be good. I use both at various times.

    Hg
  14. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by joepump View Post
    First of I'm a old school animal supporter. My first actual supplement was the animalpak years ago. I'm not runnng any logs right now so I'm definatly free (lol). I've tryed alot of pre-work out supplements and have never found one thats been consistant week after week so recently i've been searching fr new one. I've not had the pleasure of trying either of these main reason my local stores has an enadequate selection of your line up. So with that said I beleive I can be a non-bias canidate who can make a honest detailed log for you guys sence I've never used either. Appreciate opportunity.
    You're on AM but you shop at "local stores"? Bricks and mortar ain't dead.
  15. Registered User
    atrain11b's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    207

    I wouldn't mind trying this myself. Currently I am a huge fan of Pump, however I have used a few other Pre-Workout supps prior to landing Pump, and never sailed away from it after that.

    So I see the log is to compare Pump with Shock. Well I have been monitoring the Universal website waiting for the samples of Shock and Storm to appear. I have been researching Shock to see if it could give me the same results as Pump, but also ease the pain on my wallet since it gives me more servings for the dollar.

    Yet, on the whole bang for the buck idea, I am unsure. To me the price is not the only factor in the "bang for the buck" if I pay less for something, but it doesn’t work for me then I got no bang, however if it works and cost more, then I can accept the additional dollar amount no problem.

    This promo/log gives me the opportunity to run them side by side to prove to myself which ones better for my body, and will let me know if I respond to the pill form of Pump better, or the powder form of Shock.

    Now for the log, no problem. I will run the exact same workouts with the exact same exercises/rest in between, and give my unbiased review updated daily.

    EDIT: Do you still consider APO AP a USA address? If so then I'm good, if not desregard this post.
  16. Registered User
    MrDead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    55303

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    You're on AM but you shop at "local stores"? Bricks and mortar ain't dead.
    I still hit up Vitamin Shoppe on occasion...
  17. Registered User
    mrchristian's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    OhiO
    Age
    33
    Posts
    779
    Rep Power
    467

    U-Rep guys...I would love the opportunity to run this test log for you. I am a HUGE pwo supp fan and have tried oodles of them. I received your Animal Pump free sample and enjoyed the workout I had with it. I've never tried Shock Therapy, but I would definetley love to try it out and document my results compared to animal pump with you. I believe I could provide honest and unbiased feedback for you based on how I personally reacted to each of these supplements.
  18. Registered User
    THEGEEZ's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    358

    i would have to stop running all my supps or just my pre workout ?
  19. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    I believe I could provide honest and unbiased feedback for you based on how I personally reacted to each of these supplements.
    It's what we're lookin' for...
  20. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by THEGEEZ View Post
    i would have to stop running all my supps or just my pre workout ?
    Just the ones that could impact the log... Your multi or fish oil or supps like that would be fine. Stims, creatine-based supps--these are the main issues as they are included in Pump and Shock. That said, it'd only be for two weeks.
  21. Registered User
    atrain11b's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    207

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Just the ones that could impact the log... Your multi or fish oil or supps like that would be fine. Stims, creatine-based supps--these are the main issues as they are included in Pump and Shock. That said, it'd only be for two weeks.
    Is Torrent counted in this as a creatine source?
  22. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by atrain11b View Post
    Is Torrent counted in this as a creatine source?
    Guess you could keep Torrent.. Hard to stay from that, eh? The main point is to let the Pump and/or Shock "speak" for themselves.
  23. Registered User
    MrDead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    55303

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Guess you could keep Torrent.. Hard to stay from that, eh?
    Considering, you guys got me addicted to Green Apple Avalanche...
  24. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    Considering, you guys got me addicted to Green Apple Avalanche...
    Judging from that BB.com thread, we should rename "Torrent", "Addiction".
  25. Registered User
    MrDead's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rainier, WA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    55303

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Judging from that BB.com thread, we should rename "Torrent", "Addiction".
    Hmmm... Make it Animal... Animal Addiction...
  26. Registered User
    atrain11b's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    266
    Rep Power
    207

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Judging from that BB.com thread, we should rename "Torrent", "Addiction".
    I must say I agree with this name change. LOL. By the end of my workouts I can taste it as I rush to my room to get some. If I go more the 10 min post workout without it I get those withdrawal attack shakes. Could be the Deads or Squats, but I think its the need for Torrent.
  27. Registered User
    rockgym's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    79

    I started with the white flood about 2 weeks ago. I feel a slight difference while lifting. I am getting a good 1-2 extra reps per set and I am making it thru the whole workout with energy to spare. I cant compare it with anything else as I have never taken anything else.

    That is why i am willing to try out animal pump and shock therapy! ive only heard good things

    my white flood will be running out shortly

    im sure these products will be well worth it and maybe if these can help me achieve some new pr's!
  28. Registered User
    mrchristian's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    OhiO
    Age
    33
    Posts
    779
    Rep Power
    467

    Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    U-Rep guys...I would love the opportunity to run this test log for you. I am a HUGE pwo supp fan and have tried oodles of them. I received your Animal Pump free sample and enjoyed the workout I had with it. I've never tried Shock Therapy, but I would definetley love to try it out and document my results compared to animal pump with you. I believe I could provide honest and unbiased feedback for you based on how I personally reacted to each of these supplements.

    Is this what you guys were looking for in an app, or do you need more info from me?
  29. UniversalUSA.com
    Board Sponsor
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    963

    Quote Originally Posted by mrchristian View Post
    Is this what you guys were looking for in an app, or do you need more info from me?
    You're good and your entry is "official".
  30. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Rep Power
    38247

    can we enter if we explain why we are interested although never having used it? I ordered some samples from BB dot com a long time ago and they still have yet to come.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. POLL: Results of the Animal Pump/Shock Therapy Promo
    By Universal Rep in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 12:04 PM
  2. Animal Pump or Shock Therapy? Which is it going to be?
    By Hoomgar in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM
  3. Animal Pump vs. Shock Therapy
    By The_Reverend in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
  4. Animal Pump vs. Shock Therapy by Joebo
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in