Measuring EAAs

1. Measuring EAAs

My broke ass hasn't bought a scale yet. Does anyone know how many grams there are in 1TBSP of EAAs?

Much obliged

2. I believe it's 5 grams per teaspoon. 4 teaspoons to a tablespoon. 1 tablespoon=20 grams. peace

3. That sounds a bit heavy...the EAA's are not very dense, so I was getting right at the 12.5 grams per rounded table spoon.
    •   

4. I previously used BN's BCAAs, and if I recall correctly, those came out to a little less than 5g per tbsp. I was guessing the EAAs would be similar.

5. I'll check to make sure...maybe it was 2 tablespoons...I'll post the results tomorrow morning.

6. Thanks

7. very close to BCAA's if not exactly the same I believe.

8. the 12.5 grams is 2 heaping table spoons.

9. Cool, thanks. That is better than I expected

10. Would the EAA's be tasteless if I were to mix it in with say, Gatorade?

11. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Would the EAA's be tasteless if I were to mix it in with say, Gatorade?
    not completely, but the gatorade will take care of it!

12. Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Would the EAA's be tasteless if I were to mix it in with say, Gatorade?
    I find that if they are in there for a few hours they taste worse. On their own they are quite rancid. Crystal Light Red Grapefruit does a good job covering up the taste.

13. The methoine(sp) in the mix is defiantly the culprit. It is by far the most horrendous thing I have encountered. Smells like a mix of rotten skunk and dirty feel.

14. Quote Originally Posted by custom
    Smells like a mix of rotten skunk and dirty feel.

sounds like you have some experience in this field

15. Err... so I've been told what it smells like.

16. Custom, for BCAA's is it the same measuring??? 12.5 grams 2 heaping table spoons
    Thanks man

17. It will be a tad less (gram wise) because the luecine is just so fluffy, but yes that is pretty darn close.

18. Hey, how much would you say would be a safe amount to mix at one time? I was going to mix 30 grams of EAA in about 32 oz of Gatorade. Would 30 grams have too strong of a taste?

19. You'll be fine with 30g, but you might want to dilute the gatorade a bit.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    You'll be fine with 30g, but you might want to dilute the gatorade a bit.
    Cool, thanks. BTW it's powdered gatorade so I can adjust how much or how little I need. How many EAA's have you been taking every day Beowulf?

21. I take about 30g sometimes during my workout. I mix that with 1/2 gallon of water, cit. malate and some B6. MMMMMMMMMM!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I take about 30g sometimes during my workout. I mix that with 1/2 gallon of water, cit. malate and some B6. MMMMMMMMMM!
    Notice any difference since you've been doing this? I plan on taking in about 50 grams of EAA every day for a month to see if megadosing has any real effect.

23. I gained strength and probably some muscle while cutting, though it is impossible to say how much of that is due to the EAAs. Check out my review in Bobo's forum for a bigger picture.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How to measure PH powder?
    By jediclampet in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. Measuring ALC Powder From 1Fast400
    By babygetoboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 11:29 PM
  3. Dropper measurements
    By db682 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9