1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

My experience with Bacopa Monnieri

I decided to give this a try to compare it with other calming nootropics. To my surprise it was more than expected.

First off I used a 200mg dose nightly before bed. It had an immediate calming effect, which made sleep easy. Dreams were more vivid, in fact they were really vivid. Upon wakening I still had the calm feeling yet I felt rested, and not groggy.

Secondly I had the same cognitive enhancement that I get from Alcar, yet it was more pronounced. It also remained with me throughout the entire day. A plus for studying.

I used it mainly for the soothing of my anxiety, which it did nicely. I had less panic attacks while using it, and I also had a better mood. I used it for app. 30 days. there was a slight tolerance built up, but I kept the dose at 200mgs.

After cessation of the Bacopa, I had a slight rebound in anxiety, in which it worsened for a few days, similar to the rebound I would get from a benzo. It wasn't anything that was overly drastic.

The taste was that of a strong tea, without sugar, and didn't mix all to well. It did have a foamy texture to it as well, but the taste wan't anything like some of the other nootropics I have tasted.

Overall I like it, and will continue in the future to use it.

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What kind of beverage did you mix it in?
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Just water, you got to man up sometimes, lol.

•   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Another Bacopa use (in super high doses):

Relative efficacy of three medicinal plant extracts in the alteration of thyroid hormone concentrations in male mice.

Kar A, Panda S, Bharti S.

Thyroid Research Unit, School of Life Sciences, Devi Ahilya University, Vigyan Bhawan, Khandwa Road, Indore 452 017, India.

Relative importance of Bacopa monnieri (200 mg/kg), Aegle marmelos (1.00 g/kg) and Aloe vera (125 mg/kg) leaf extracts in the regulation of thyroid hormone concentrations in male mice was investigated. While serum levels of both T(3) and T(4) were inhibited by A. vera, A. marmelos extract could decrease only T(3) concentration. On the other hand, T(4) concentration was increased by B. monnieri extract suggesting its thyroid-stimulating role. When the relative potency of each plant extract was calculated in terms of percent increase or decrease in thyroid hormones, as compared to the control value, the decrease in T(3) concentration by A. marmelos was about 62% indicating its possible use in the regulation of hyperthyroidism. B. monnieri could increase T(4) concentration by 41% without enhancing hepatic lipid peroxidation (LPO) suggesting that it can be used as a thyroid-stimulating drug. In fact, hepatic LPO was decreased and superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase (CAT) activities were increased by B. monnieri and A. marmelos leaf extracts showing their antiperoxidative role. It is thus suggested that A. marmelos and A. vera may be used in the regulation of hyperthyroidism, while B. monnieri in hypothyroidism.

PMID: 12065164 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I wish I got more from the bacopa. I have continued to use it off and on after my PS/bacopa log, but after about two weeks straight I didnt really notice anything anymore and cut my dose down to sporadic dosing. I am going to start up again and see if I notice anything. Of course, for nighttime anxiety....its not enough for me, but I need potent stuff.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My experience with german volume training
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 07:07 PM
  2. My Experience with KRALA Powder
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 04:12 PM
  3. my experience with IA
    By lockandload in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 09:16 PM
  4. My experience with a crazy ass Philly fan today.
    By Iron Warrior in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 01:38 AM
  5. My experiences with slin for your edification
    By elijah_123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2003, 10:40 AM