Research Raloxifene - AnabolicMinds.com

Research Raloxifene

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. darius

Research Raloxifene

Custom could you please get some research raloxifene?
    Last edited by size; 03-30-2005 at 12:24 PM.

2. Professional Member

This is very interesting drug. It has lots of potential for research projects.
  3. darius

Size, sorry about that, wasn't sure if I was crossing the line or not.

Yeah it does look good. I want to try it out to get rid of my pubertal gyno. I am still not very sure if it's just fat or not, but I'm guessing it isn't. Rebound XT didn't do a whole lot for me. It may have been reduced some by it, but I'm guessing that was just the fat part due to the fat I'm shedding right now. There are some studies that show Raloxifene to be better than Tamoxifen for getting ridding of pubertal gyno.

Does anyone know the differences between Nolva and Rebound XT? I may start a new thread asking this one.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

I've actually had a few requests for this, but had no time to look into it. I will send a few inquiries early next week.
  5. darius

Awesome . Thanks alot Custom.

I don't see why it would be too impossible to get considering its like Nolva, only newer.

A nice liquid suspension like the Nolva would be perfect for my mice.
  6. New Member

I would be interested in this as well...

I think if more people knew what it was, they would be interested too.
  7. I know nothing...

I'm listening...
  8. New Member

custom how can i send u a PM or e-mail cause it says i cant!?? Wanted to know about getting some products from custom nutrition!
  9. Get big or die trying

bump for this.
  10. darius

bump
  11. Board Sponsor

Beleive it or not, I have not gotten any pricing back... I will sned out more inquiries.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I've got some gyno from puberty as well. I haven't tried anything, but I'd definately be interested if it works.

Maybe you need a tester?
  13. darius

Quote Originally Posted by custom
    Beleive it or not, I have not gotten any pricing back... I will sned out more inquiries.
    Thanks, although I'm really starting to believe that the gyno is just fat. Anyways, still interested. Thanks.
  14. Registered User

Already spoke to you about this, but hey Ill bump anyways!
  15. New Member

Im intersted in research Raloxifen. Any word?
  16. New Member

i'll give a shout out
    whats the dillio, lets get some info.
  17. Board Sponsor

I should it within 20 days as they were currently out of stock.
  18. darius

You are THE MAN. God bless you Custom.

I thought I was gonna have to risk ordering this **** from 3rd world countries.. thanks a bunch.
  19. Registered User

I should it within 20 days as they were currently out of stock.
    Hey thats great...I appreciate you looking in to this...
  20. Advanced Member

Looking for some good info on this stuff....Dar you and me seem to be on the same page on this issue....any suggestions?
  21. New Member

Seems like this is gonna happen............Excellent!
  22. darius

It would seem like a SERM like Raloxifene would be awesome for gyno related problems. A SERM is a selective estrogen receptor module that sits in the estrogen fitting receptor and prevents the estrogen to attach with it. I guess the breast has alot of those estrogen fitting receptors, and when estrogen attaches to those receptors, the cell then starts to grow and create more cells, thus creating bitch tits. Not exactly sure, but that is my present understanding.

So Raloxifen is pretty similar to Tamoxifen (both SERMS), but studies indicate that Raloxifen is more successful at eliminating gyno. The other SERM that I know of is Toremifene, which should have similar effects like Ralo and Tamo. The Raloxifen would basically starve the gyno of estrogen, and it is to my understanding estrogen is what keeps the gyno alive. So keep away the estrogen, the gyno imo should stop growing for one, and two, should start getting smaller cause it will be starved of gyno. I'm guessing the length of time having the gyno and the size of it, determines how long one would have to "starve" it.

Aromatase Inhibitors are different than SERM's, because instead of blocking the receptor, they lower the amount of estrogen that the body produces by "inhibiting the armatase". Those would be Arimidex, Letro, and Exmestane <--unmethylated Rebound XT. So those would be handy also in the anti-gyno stack.

So in a way that is attacking it with two different ways. 1. Preventing estrogen from connecting with receptors to create gyno. 2. Lowering overall free floating estrogen in the body.

There are some studes that show that DHT also can reduce gyno. Here for example from pubmed.com:

"Eberle AJ, Sparrow JT, Keenan BS.

Four boys with persistent pubertal gynecomastia were given intramuscular dihydrotestosterone heptanoate (DHT-hp) at 2 to 4-week intervals for 16 weeks. By the end of treatment, breast size in all four boys had decreased 67% to 78%. Initial plasma levels of gonadotropins, estradiol, testosterone, and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) were normal. Mean plasma DHT concentration rose with the injections of DHT-hp, and remained elevated throughout the treatment period. Estradiol, LH, FSH, and testosterone decreased during treatment, as did 24-hour urinary LH and FSH. No regrowth of breast tissue was observed 6 to 15 months after treatment, although hormone concentrations had returned to near pretreatment values by 2 months after the last injection. DHT-hp has potential to be an effective medical therapy for persistent pubertal gynecomastia."

"Kuhn JM, Roca R, Laudat MH, Rieu M, Luton JP, Bricaire H.

We have studied clinical and endocrine parameters in a group (group A) of forth men referred to us because of persistent idiopathic gynaecomastia (of more than 18 months duration), before and during the administration of percutaneous dihydrotestosterone (DHT). The endocrine parameters (testosterone (T), 17 beta-oestradiol (E2), DHT, gonadotrophins (FSH and LH) and prolactin (PRL), were compared to those of control groups of 12 healthy men on DHT therapy (group B) and 10 on placebo (group C). Local administration of DHT was followed by the complete disappearance of gynaecomastia in 10 patients, partial regression in 19 and no change in 11 patients after 4 to 20 weeks of percutaneous DHT (125 mg twice daily). Before treatment the T + DHT/E2 ratio was significantly (P less than 0.001) lower in group A 244 +/- 21 (SEM) than in groups B and C (361 +/- 21) while T, DHT and E2 concentrations were all within the normal range. During DHT treatment plasma hormone levels were measured in 26 patients from group A: DHT levels increases significantly (day 0: 1.63 +/- 0.14 nmol/l; day 15: 12.8 +/- 1.6 nmol/l, P less than 0.001) while T and E2 levels fell significantly (T: day 0: 22.6 +/- 1.2 nmol/l; day 15: 11.0 +/- 1.5 nmol/l, P less than 0.001; E2: day 0: 110.5 +/- 7.12 pmol/l; day 15: 86.79 +/- 9.4 pmol/l, P less than 0.01). The T/E2 ratio decreased from 231 +/- 20 to 164 +/- 27 (P less than 0.05) while the T + DHT/E2 ratio increased significantly (P less than 0.02) to a normal mean value (day 15: 354 +/- 57).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)"

So I have some imaginary 3-Alpa powder that will be mixed with Ab-Solved or its carrier whenever Avant Labs releases it. This will be the 3rd point of attack. What sucks is that I have male pattern baldness and the extra DHT will suck. I will use Azeleic Acid and Spiro topically to block the DHT at the scalp.

I havent decided doses yet, but I will run all 3 together and hope for the best.
  23. darius

Just curious, is this going to be in liquid form? Any idea on pricing/serving size?
  24. Board Sponsor

It will be liquid, yes. The powder is not terribly expensive, but it is about 2.5 times more expensive to source than Nolva to give you an idea...on a selling price I am not sure yet. I am sure it will be the standard 50ml with 1 dose per ml.
  25. I know nothing...

Awesome, thank you, boss.
  26. New Member

registered to see if it happens, I've tried them all, except raloxifene.

thanks, cant wait!
  27. darius

Hey Custom, do you have an eta on this? Thanks.
  28. Advanced Member

Reputation Reputation

Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.

Lawrence SE, Faught KA, Vethamuthu J, Lawson ML.

Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. slawrence@cheo.on.ca

OBJECTIVES: To assess the efficacy of the anti-estrogens tamoxifen and raloxifen in the medical management of persistent pubertal gynecomastia. STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review of 38 consecutive patients with persistent pubertal gynecomastia who presented to a pediatric endocrinology clinic. Patients received reassurance alone or a 3- to 9-month course of an estrogen receptor modifier (tamoxifen or raloxifene). RESULTS: Mean (SD) age of treated subjects was 14.6 (1.5) years with gynecomastia duration of 28.3 (16.4) months. Mean reduction in breast nodule diameter was 2.1 cm (95% CI 1.7, 2.7, P <.0001) after treatment with tamoxifen and 2.5 cm (95% CI 1.7, 3.3, P <.0001) with raloxifene. Some improvement was seen in 86% of patients receiving tamoxifen and in 91% receiving raloxifene, but a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%). No side effects were seen in any patients. CONCLUSION: Inhibition of estrogen receptor action in the breast appears to be safe and effective in reducing persistent pubertal gynecomastia, with a better response to raloxifene than to tamoxifen. Further study is required to determine that this is truly a treatment effect.

wow it could be also used as smart drug
    Raloxifene exposure enhances brain activation during memory performance in healthy elderly males; its possible relevance to behavior.

Goekoop R, Duschek EJ, Knol DL, Barkhof F, Netelenbos C, Scheltens P, Rombouts SA.

Department of Neurology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. R.Goekoop@VUMC.nl

Raloxifene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) that is prescribed in females only, but its use in male subjects is increasingly considered. With a growing number of patients having potential benefit from raloxifene, the need for an assessment of its effects on brain function is growing. Effects of estrogens on brain function are very subtle and difficult to detect by neuropsychological assessment. Functional imaging techniques, however, have been relatively successful in detecting such changes. This study used functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to examine effects of raloxifene treatment on memory function. Healthy elderly males (n = 28; mean age 63.6 years, SD 2.4) were scanned during performance on a face encoding paradigm. Scans were made at baseline and after 3 months of treatment with either raloxifene (n = 14) or placebo (n = 14). Treatment effects were analyzed using mixed-effects statistical analysis (FSL). Activation during task performance involved bilateral parietal and prefrontal areas, anterior cingulate gyrus, and inferior prefrontal, occipital, and mediotemporal areas bilaterally. When compared to placebo, raloxifene treatment significantly enhanced activation in these structures (Z > 3.1), except for mediotemporal areas. Task performance accuracy diminished in the placebo group (P = 0.02), but remained constant in the raloxifene group (P = 0.60). In conclusion, raloxifene treatment enhanced brain activation in areas spanning a number of different cognitive domains, suggesting an effect on cortical arousal. Such effects may translate into small effects on behavior, including effects on attention and working memory performance, executive functions, verbal skills, and episodic memory. Further neuropsychological assessment is necessary to test the validity of these predictions.
  29. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by darius
    Hey Custom, do you have an eta on this? Thanks.
    Realistically, about 3 weeks.
  30. darius

Thanks for the update.
  31. Board Sponsor

Just got an email saying this will not ship until after the International Memorial Day which is lasts until May 8th. So that puts us in about the third week fo may to have it ready for sale.
  32. Registered User

Thanks for the update, Custom.
  33. Senior Member

Just got an email saying this will not ship until after the International Memorial Day which is lasts until May 8th. So that puts us in about the third week fo may to have it ready for sale.
    Who knew Christmas came so early this year? Very nice addition Custom, I can't wait.
  34. Throbbing Member

bizzzzzzzzzzzzump
  35. New Member

Can't wait for it, does anyone know what the detection time for this is, would love
    to use it against gyno but if it lingers a little around like nolva, its a no go for me would appreciate any info thanks!
  36. darius

bump
  37. Board Sponsor

Just got an email back after their holiday...apparently it is not ready for shipment yet which, obviously is not good, but since it is already paid for, erks me just a bit.

I was told it should ship within 10 days.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Do we think this will be better than Rebound at gyno reduction?

Or will we have to wait for anecdotal reports?
  39. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Do we think this will be better than Rebound at gyno reduction?

Or will we have to wait for anecdotal reports?
    I have read a study or two that says it may work better than tamoxifen. And the results in the study seemed promising.
  40. darius

I wouldn't expect fast results with this for gyno, maybe good reduction over a couple months.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Research payment
    By Pykee in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:16 PM
  2. research article presentation
    By Beta BBer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 04:37 PM
  3. if a research project crashes?
    By goes4ever in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6