Shipping to Canada?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Shipping to Canada?

New Shipping Policies - Wednesday 07 April, 2004
    ***We regret to inform you that we can no longer ship to international destinations due to possible credit card fraud. We sincerely apologize to our international friends and regret any inconvenience this may cause.***

2. Board Supporter
    Answers

Hmmm that's odd.

I placed my order and got it yesterday.

What's up with this Matt? I got more products I wanna buy soon

A
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Sorry guys....my merchant account holder told me that they have been having a very high rate of fraud from international orders, and I got kind of freaked when I say people from Africa and Malaysia registering as customers (yeah right). BUT......to be quite honest, I was getting a bit nervous with the whole customs seizures deals. I mean they do have the right to take your stuff, not notify you about it, or send it back to me. This would defiantly not be a good thing in the way of customer service for a start-up.

Also, the USPS is just whacked in global shipping--I found out that there is no way to track the packages unless they have not been delivered for 30 days.

Figure all of this in with that my products are not exactly "kosher" over the boarders, and I just had to make a decision. I truly am sorry about it.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by custom
    Sorry guys....my merchant account holder told me that they have been having a very high rate of fraud from international orders, and I got kind of freaked when I say people from Africa and Malaysia registering as customers (yeah right). BUT......to be quite honest, I was getting a bit nervous with the whole customs seizures deals. I mean they do have the right to take your stuff, not notify you about it, or send it back to me. This would defiantly not be a good thing in the way of customer service for a start-up.

Also, the USPS is just whacked in global shipping--I found out that there is no way to track the packages unless they have not been delivered for 30 days.

Figure all of this in with that my products are not exactly "kosher" over the boarders, and I just had to make a decision. I truly am sorry about it.
    Matt,

You got some options.

1) Disallow orders from offending countries. Don't allow them to select that as their country.

2) Perhaps you could have your developer add in a requirement for people to enter their Forum screen name. It must check out before the order completely goes through (a hold process on the order and credit card until you verify it). This ensure only good bros can order.

3) Get a new merchant account with fraud protection technology. If you need help with let me know as I work with a few here in Canada that are great (cheaper for you to have a merchant account in Canada as well).

4) Disallow orders from people with "free" email providers - no hotmail, yahoo, etc.

As for the customs thing... I can understand it but it's always the responsibility of the customer (me) if the package gets siezed. If it is returned.. you can refund the product total (minus the shipping charges) and if not... their problem - they deal with it.

I don't think you should count us Canucks out. We got nothing here we can tap into so we're ****ed if we don't have US sources to go to.

PM me if ya want help on anything.

A
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I do feel for you guys up there. I think what I may do is just open it up to Canada and the European Union and do the hold thing on the cards. I think I will wait until some of the initial dust settles with the shipments that are out now, though. Perhaps 2 weeks or so until I get everything together.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I do feel for you guys up there. I think what I may do is just open it up to Canada and the European Union and do the hold thing on the cards. I think I will wait until some of the initial dust settles with the shipments that are out now, though. Perhaps 2 weeks or so until I get everything together.
    Any chance you have any update on the Canadian shipping yet?
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Working on the FedEx mod...
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Bump
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Wondering the same here, I'd love to jump on the chance to purchase tamoxifen powder in bulk, as I've decided to go the homebrew route on all my hormone and post cycle ancillaries to save mega cash.

When using Fedex as my courier, I've had zero issues with getting "grey" area supplements through customs many times. However with USPS, I've found I'm pretty much guaranteed that the stuff will not get through.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I seriously apologize for this. I am honestly going to open it up when I get some free time.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

I seriously apologize for this. I am honestly going to open it up when I get some free time.
    any good news?
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Sorry, no good news really. To be perfectly honest, I dont really like the idea of having to relabel products to get them across the border. Just opens myslef up to too many needlisks risks, IMO. I just dont think it is a good idea with the current state of the industry.
  13. Board Supporter
    Answers

im not happy about that but you gotta protect your ass....
  14. Registered User
    Answers

It's too bad you are the only site that has tamox powder
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Update

Just wondering what the status was on shipping to Canada?

Thanks guys.
  16. Board Supporter
    Answers

yeah...now that PHs are gone, can you ship up here now?
  17. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

That would make it easier...but you guys still have some really stupid laws, so you guys would ask that I relabel things, which I really dont like to do. then, when someone does get their package they ususally gripe about the tariff fees. Its kind a lose-lose situation for me.

What I'll probably do after the catalog is populated is specify what will ship internationally and what will not. And there can be no exceptions on that.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Well, the deal is, even if something deos get past checkpoint charlie, most (not all) then email me upset because they have to pay a tariff fee. Its like whay do you want me to do? I'll give it some thought, but no promises just yet.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Great shipping to Canada
    By Gmonkey in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 04:33 PM
  2. Shipping to Canada?
    By boomer69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 05:36 PM