CnP beginner, want to start a log.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Whatsup,

I have been experimenting with CnP style high frequency/intensity training, upped my protein to 300g a day and upped my stimulant intake.

I'm a nearly 17 year old teen, and have a long history with gym ****arounditis.
The past few weeks have been the best yet. But now I'm experiencing what Jamie calls "staleness".

I lift 6 days a week.
A push, a pull, a squat, and calf/abs/arm assistance work.

In an interview with Muscle and Brawn Jamie mentioned a beginner routine.
Would that suit me?
How much volume to start with?

I'm getting plenty of sleep and protein.

Edit: Okay, I'll just start:

Current Stats:
Weight: 63kg
BF: 13%
Height: 167cm
Bench Press: 70x1
Squat: 90x1
Deadlift: 120x1

Training:
Noob CnP routine I got from that muscle and brawn article.
6x/week. Mostly singles, doubles, triples.

D1:
Front Squat
Press
Deadlift

D2:
Chins
Dips
Calfs/Abs isolation work.

Diet:
Intermittent Fasting, 3000kcal, retarded amounts of protein.

Supplements:
-Stims
-Stims
-Forskolin
-Arimistane
-Stims

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
Man I so ****ing wish I had started training serious at your age. Instead I quit it for years...

Good luck bro!

TrainPsycho

Awards
Today:

Press
40kg x 3 reps x 10 sets

Front Squat
60kg x 5 reps
70kg x 3 reps x 3 sets

Chins
0kg x 30 reps total (first set was 6 reps)

Dips
0kg x 20 reps total (****ing light headed)

Ab Wheel
Not even one rep.

----------Diet:
I think I'll just eat 300 above maintenance instead. I hate cutting for long periods, so doing PSMF once I'm reasonably strong seems like a better idea. The weight is already coming off because of the stims and forskolin.

3000 kcal today, 300g protein.

----------Supps
1 dexaprine + 50mg forskolin.

1/2 scoop Ferox pre workout.
2 alphamax post workout
2 alphamax + 1mg melatonin pre-bed.

Ferox was awesome. Huge sweats, very aggressive focused feeling, no crash.
I even got a tiny pump. And my heartbeat was up somewhat.

Soon-to-be-less-sh!tty physique:
62.8kg here.

ForumRunner_20141030_170617.png

TrainPsycho

Awards
Completely "stale" today.

Even abs feel heavy.

How much near maximal weights do I need to use?
Diet on point?

Front Squat 60
Press 35
Deadlift 100
And 3 chins.

I'm splitting it up.
This was horrible.
Ferox didn't help.

62kg. My face looks less bloated, so probably water loss.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Shoulders huurt. No dips.

Chins
12 sets (first set was 6 reps)

Lying Leg Curls
37kg x 8 reps x 5 sets

Calf Press
110kg x 8 reps x 5 sets

Ab Roller
10 reps x 2 sets

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
What is this training method? What is Press? Overhead? Bench?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
On mobile at the moment, so will check that out later... Doesn't really make sense to me not to have bench. Or this routine lol

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
Dips and overhead press work chest, trizeps and shoulders. The benchpress is the one excercise were decent gains can be achieved without doing it much.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Today:

Weight: 62kg
I'm feeling much less tired today, but lifts are still weaker then they were.
I am a bit leaner, Forskolin is great!
Ferox gave me a nice boost today, but my AMP Citrate tolerance is very high.

-----Training:
Deadlift
10 triples @ 100kg

Overhead Press
10 sets of 5 @ 30kg

Front Squat
12 doubles @ 70kg

Dips
4 sets of 4 (didn't do them yesterday)

------Supps:
The usual:

1 Dexaprine XR,
100mg Forskolin,
3/4 scoop Ferox,
75mg Arimistane.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Interesting enough I guess.. I'm thinking bench is far superior than dips on putting on lbm and big numbers on it IMO, but guess there is multiple ways to get the job done.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Interesting enough I guess.. I'm thinking bench is far superior than dips on putting on lbm and big numbers on it IMO, but guess there is multiple ways to get the job done.
If I stall on this beginner routine I'll just move to the normal CnP routine, which often includes bench.
I personally like dips better because I can progress on it more easily.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
If I stall on this beginner routine I'll just move to the normal CnP routine, which often includes bench. I personally like dips better because I can progress on it more easily.
I wouldn't worry about too complicated programs at this stage. Take this time to build a foundation. You will thank yourself later. Concentrate on main lifts with light weight and proper form. It will help you not **** yourself up in your later years. Your getting in this early. Take advantage of it!

TrainPsycho

Awards
I wouldn't worry about too complicated programs at this stage. Take this time to build a foundation. You will thank yourself later. Concentrate on main lifts with light weight and proper form. It will help you not **** yourself up in your later years. Your getting in this early. Take advantage of it!
I've been lifting casually for two years.
I think my form is good enough.

Never had an injury.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I've been lifting casually for two years. I think my form is good enough. Never had an injury.
sorry you stated you were 17 and he ****arounditis I naturally assumed you've been in and out of the gym and not committed to one thing. Disregard my advice.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I'd just do starting strength or a basic beginner routine with all the main lifts and maybe a few accessories. If you ain't benching, deadlifting, rowing, oh pressing, squating, and doing some variation of chin ups, it isn't training to me.

TrainPsycho

Awards
I'd just do starting strength or a basic beginner routine with all the main lifts and maybe a few accessories. If you ain't benching, deadlifting, rowing, oh pressing, squating, and doing some variation of chin ups, it isn't training to me.
Only one that's missing is bench.
I did stronglifts 5x5 for 3 months, made the best progress of my life, then stalled, got frustrated and started ****ing around.
I'm doing CnP since a few weeks now, and liking the results so far. Progress is faster than on 5x5.

Do you think I should switch up exercises on heavy days? (A push, a pull, and a squat each heavy day)

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Did you attempt a deload? Nutrition on point? Eating enough? I've never ran 5x5, but I have never hit a plateau that lasted longer than a few weeks.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Did you attempt a deload? Nutrition on point? Eating enough? I've never ran 5x5, but I have never hit a plateau that lasted longer than a few weeks.
I've tried deloading and was very obsessive with my diet.
Don't know what my maintenance was back then, but I gained fat too.

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
As someone who did SS for months and now does CnP style training here is my experience:

Adding weight every session is cool during the super newb stage. You will double your squat really easy and thats fun. However those gains have almost nothing to do with muscle. It's your motorsystwm adapting to the new movement pattern.
I did SS untill I stalled, I found it pretty annoying that I "should be avle to" add more weight to the bar but couldn't.

So, training plans can be fun but in the longrun I think CnP is just more awesome.
I'm not saying it is more effective than other styles. For me it is just more fun. That leads to me being in the gym 5-7 days a week and that will just guarantee good results if you don't train like a little girl.

So, see what you like the most and then modify it to your preferance.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Well if it works for you, it works for you. Didn't want to come off negative. Haven't done any research on this yet, but I will check it out later on

TrainPsycho

Awards
Lost my phone. Havn't logged.

Updates:

Both days 3000kcal.
220g and 300g protein.

Chins: 9 reps
Deadlift: 130kg single
Front Squat 75kg double

TrainPsycho

Awards
No energy the last few days...
Lifts are stuck too.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
C&P is basically work to heavy ass singles 6 days a week and you''re trying to cut. You're going to be tired and hungry, no matter what program you're running, because you're cutting. If it were easy and fun, everyone would be shredded. At your age, I would eat to gain while you still have a fast and efficient metabolism and see how you like your physique about twenty pounds heavier. It takes months to cut up, but it takes years to build an appreciable amount of muscle.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I'd up the carbs if your body allows and lower the fats. Fuel the muscle and growwwwww :D

TrainPsycho

Awards
I'd up the carbs if your body allows and lower the fats. Fuel the muscle and growwwwww :D
I've got binging issues with grains and sugar.
Bread and pasta were the biggest factors in my fatness as a kid.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Well there are other types of carbs.. Just slowly add them in, it is all mental bro

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
How much is dependent on your self, there is a ton of macro break downs that you could look at. Mainly complex carbs throughout the day and some simple ones pre/post workout.

TrainPsycho

Awards
How much is dependent on your self, there is a ton of macro break downs that you could look at. Mainly complex carbs throughout the day and some simple ones pre/post workout.
I'll just try some dry rice.
Nobody likes to binge on that lol.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Ugh.

My mom used to feed me that crap when I was 5.
Never again

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I think that is the point lol if you think you love food eat some of those and you will sure learn to hate it haha

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
I have to say though, I am really happy with only meat eggs veggies and cheese. I don't feel hungry all the time, get a ton of protein and lose fat instead of gaining it, while still maintaining/advancing my strength.
I do eat a little rice with my pwo meal though, but other than that its super low.

TrainPsycho

Awards
I have to say though, I am really happy with only meat eggs veggies and cheese. I don't feel hungry all the time, get a ton of protein and lose fat instead of gaining it, while still maintaining/advancing my strength.
I do eat a little rice with my pwo meal though, but other than that its super low.
I feel fine on lower carbs as well.

I'll just add some rice/oatmeal, I hope I'll get better mental recovery and muscular endurance.

TrainPsycho

Awards
Lifts still stuck.

Did some triples with 40kg Military,
5 reps with 60kg Bench,
6 chins (that one went down.)

It could be my stim tolerance.
Ferox doesnt work anymore.

1 scoop + 2 norco = almost zero effect.

How should I do my stim break to prevent performance drops?

TrainPsycho

Awards
Just did OHP.
Still no change.
My energy and motivation are high, and I definetly had more than 3000kcal yesterday...

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
No change in what? Taking a week off stims can bring back a good amount of response to them.

TrainPsycho

Awards
No change in lifts.
I feel fine without stims, just a little headache.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Well lifts do change progressively over time.. Maybe training too much and not enough recovery?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Not saying you are overtraining lol. I'm saying you are not properly giving your body time to rest between workouts.. Or maybe not. Spit balling ideas here.. I have never done this routine, but I progressive steadily over time.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
What Abe Lincoln is trying to say is you can't get so worked up about numbers changing over a two week time span. You will get to a point where your lucky to add 30lbs to a lift in like 6 months. You will progress very quickly if your currently only benching 132lbs. Just not 20lbs in two weeks.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
What.. I put on 500lbs on all my main lifts each second of every day.. Max bench is over 9million suns haha. But, yeah that is my point.. Rome wasn't built in a day. Even the pros miss lifts, have trouble bringing the weights up, etc.

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
Dude you're 16. I don't get why you feel the need for stims anyway. I'd try a month or two without em and see what happens. Plus, if your lifts don't progress, try changing up the excercise. My OHP has been stalling for two or so months now, the day before yesterday I used fat gripz and dumbells instead of barbell OHP. Turns out my left shoulder seems to be wa weaker. So now I know what to focus on.

And don't get too hung up over not making weekly gains on your lifts. If that woild go on forever, records would be a lot higher..