Squatting every day

burch81

Awards
So i've had two ACL surgeries on the same knee. First one wasn't fixed properly (hamstring graft was put in UPSIDE DOWN) and blew out after a year and the second surgery has been a major success and has been two years since that date. I had tremendous knee pain getting back into squatting and gave it up in favour of deadlifting. Found some old pictures where i was training squats four days per week and got very depressed as my legs were at one time my best body part. I.ve embarked on squatting every day. I started light and kept adding weight every day and low and behold my knee pain has gone, i'm leaner and stronger on other lifts and generally feel like a man again. (can't skip leg day bro)
Wondering if anyone else on here squats every day and if so what results they have seen?

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
My knees are too wrecked to play that game... I can barely squat once a week. I did, however, run a 9 month cycle deadlifting 90% 3-4 days a week instead of squatting last year. Sometimes, pounding the hell out of a lift for a while is awesome.

stevein7

Awards
I have had a similar experience.

I have had dodgy knees for about a year and my squat went to the ****ter, even if other stuff was OK.

I read about daily squatting being good for the tendons and decided to give it a go.

good things have happened.

I do 3 of the sessions with a manta ray, ie, high bar.
I do 2 p/l style with bands, ie less weight at very bottom on knees.
I do 2 straight weigh p/l style. this is harsh on the knees but I still have the thought of returning to p/l comp.

I cautiously work up to a heavy weight over many sets , probably eight -10 singles to get there, then take off about 40k and do sets of 3 plus.

After squats I do bench or ohp or deadlift or trap bar deads.

A third move and I am done, something easy like ab wheel or tri extensions.

I avoid excessive psyching or really intense effort, its hard but within my limits.

Progress is very small, maybe a rep or a tiny weight increase per session, but training every day, this tiny progress adds up to a lot.

Patience. Steadfastness. Most days you will not want to start, but once you are up and running its a different story, you have to hold back.

Balthazar

Awards
i just got back into oly lifts after several years hiatus. i was doing 5x5 front squats 4 days a week at the beginning of each session to focus on building my overall power. i could have continued on but wanted to stay at a weight i could still explode out of the bottom from rather than grind it out slow. anyway i still squat but moved it to the end. my rack position/wrist elbow flexibility is way better. my hip flexibility is improved and focusing on the anterior pelvic tilt/hamstring stretch before i contract and push up is really helping be come up out of the bottom fast. now that i've moved it to the end all of my lifts both main and assistance have improved as a direct result to putting on more weight in the squat!

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
If I did that I am positive my legs would atrophy. Not sure how much you're eating or what you're using but from what I've read even guys on gear don't squat everyday. Unless you're doing like 1 set a day or something. How many sets and reps are you doing? Also regardless you are going to hit a plateau and if you continue to squat everyday at that point it's going to become tough on your CNS and I promise you that knee pain comes back. Just wait until you start hitting weights that feel really heavy

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
So i've had two ACL surgeries on the same knee. First one wasn't fixed properly (hamstring graft was put in UPSIDE DOWN) and blew out after a year and the second surgery has been a major success and has been two years since that date. I had tremendous knee pain getting back into squatting and gave it up in favour of deadlifting. Found some old pictures where i was training squats four days per week and got very depressed as my legs were at one time my best body part. I.ve embarked on squatting every day. I started light and kept adding weight every day and low and behold my knee pain has gone, i'm leaner and stronger on other lifts and generally feel like a man again. (can't skip leg day bro)
Wondering if anyone else on here squats every day and if so what results they have seen?
It's something you're going to have to experiment with.