Other than Lifting, video games, and masturbating...

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
...What does everyone here like to do for fun in their spare time after they've finished up aforementioned activities?

This year, after owning them for years and not doing a f^ck!ng thing with them, I got together with my ex-neighbor and we decided to taking knife/ax throwing. This has got to be the most fun activity that will also drive me insane. The issue is getting the feel for the proper technique and then remembering it the next time I decide to throw. Still, it's addictively fun when I can get everything I throw to stick in my target.

As much as I despise this part of florida, there is an abundance of martial arts expertise here and I found someone nearby that can teach me knife fighting. That kind of training is stupid-hard to find in New Englnd so I don't want to miss out on that opportunity.

What about you, F^cker$?

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I used to throw knives for fun when I was a lad... got so I could put three knives into a 6" circle from 20 feet. Wound up getting bored with well-balanced knives and moved on to dollar store steak knives, nails, spikes up to 14", and even "playing card" shuriken. I don't have the shoulder mobility to do it anymore.

I've got a car that I've been working on for a couple years, learning most of it on my own. This time of year, it's mostly maintenance rather than fun upgrades, as I lack a warm garage.

CNPWayne

CNPWayne

Board Sponsor
Awards
...What does everyone here like to do for fun in their spare time after they've finished up aforementioned activities?

This year, after owning them for years and not doing a f^ck!ng thing with them, I got together with my ex-neighbor and we decided to taking knife/ax throwing. This has got to be the most fun activity that will also drive me insane. The issue is getting the feel for the proper technique and then remembering it the next time I decide to throw. Still, it's addictively fun when I can get everything I throw to stick in my target.

As much as I despise this part of florida, there is an abundance of martial arts expertise here and I found someone nearby that can teach me knife fighting. That kind of training is stupid-hard to find in New Englnd so I don't want to miss out on that opportunity.

What about you, F^cker$?
I have a hobby of building ar-15s, it is pretty fun/ expensive. My new hobby soon will be exotic ammo reloading.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Finish construction on my back yard water slide

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
By "build," do you mean swapping scopes and stocks from vendors, or are you doing your own custom work? Or are you just saving money by buying the nuts separate and mixing them yourself?

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
Scuba diving, rock climbing, d&d, whittling, cigars, gin, and cooking. All hobbies I wish I had more time to spend on.

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
Hey, I''ll agree. I love a good cigar!

Wayne, What are you reloading exactly? Getting into wildcatting? I used to do all my own ammo. I haven't shot in years and I'm preparing for the sticker shock that is buying ammo these days.

CNPWayne

CNPWayne

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey, I''ll agree. I love a good cigar!

Wayne, What are you reloading exactly? Getting into wildcatting? I used to do all my own ammo. I haven't shot in years and I'm preparing for the sticker shock that is buying ammo these days.
I am probably going to start loading .300 blackout and 6.8 SPC, I will also do variety of other things.

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
God I love these cigars...

2.jpg

While they're not as strong as I typically like my cigars, they are ridiculously tasty for being essentially a medium bodied cigar.

I initially got into reloading since I owned .44 special and a 10mm. Not much for ammo selection for either, even now. When I realized I enjoyed it as well as being able to make 100 rounds for the price of a box of ammo, I went full-bore. I ended up with progressive shotgun reloading press, a RCBS pro 2000 progressive press, and a single stage. In that regard, I miss my single, no-kids, and having money days.

I've never heard of the 300 blackout. I just looked it up and I fail to understand why it exists. .300 whisper???

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to check 'em out - Drew makes some solid sticks... I might actually have one sitting around, as I feel like they might have given them out at CigarFest. For the past two years or so, Man O'Wars have topped my list, but I've probably smoked Cohiba Black Pequenos more than anything else lately.

CNPWayne

CNPWayne

Board Sponsor
Awards
God I love these cigars...

View attachment 96443

While they're not as strong as I typically like my cigars, they are ridiculously tasty for being essentially a medium bodied cigar.

I initially got into reloading since I owned .44 special and a 10mm. Not much for ammo selection for either, even now. When I realized I enjoyed it as well as being able to make 100 rounds for the price of a box of ammo, I went full-bore. I ended up with progressive shotgun reloading press, a RCBS pro 2000 progressive press, and a single stage. In that regard, I miss my single, no-kids, and having money days.

I've never heard of the 300 blackout. I just looked it up and I fail to understand why it exists. .300 whisper???
300 Blackout is a hybrid round built in the 5.56 casing that fires a 30 caliber round at .223/5.556 speed; the round fits the bolt carrier for the 5.56 so it is ideal. Similar to the 6.8 spc round where you basically want ak47 knock down power and 5.56 range.

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
Yeah, it's basically a .300 whisper.

If I had money, high on my buy list would be a .458 SOCOM upper for my H-BAR.

Deimos

Awards
MMA and programming, mostly for Android phones and java stuff currently.
Both meant to be not just hobbies, but professions soon enough.

Here is a potato pic my girl took,it's me starting to do a turkish get up with a dude after he went into my side control.
Unfortunately, as I was squatting him up he pushed his leg of the fence and I went back down again :eek:wned:

lyrI8mD.png

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Working on my rose garden this year and trying to read more

aendi

aendi

Awards
I'm a visual artist. Used to be in a band too but not enough time for both. You can see my work at www.daevidanderson.com
At a guess I'd say I'm the strongest award winning artist in Perth haha

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
You do some awesome work. Wish I made time for art anymore (I seriously considered selling off all of my instruments earlier today, actually). Kind of miss making jewelry.

aendi

aendi

Awards
Thanks! Like anything you've just got to make time for it. It's a constant struggle for me.

purebrutality

Awards
Guitar shredding, reading, music, movies, also I'm a huge stand up comedy fan. If not that working, spending time with the family

Steve_ss1

Awards
Boxing has always been my biggest love, my nose is ****ed now though and I'm giving it some time before I go back, I guess I just lost the buzz for it.

Currently renovating a house which takes most of my time up.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I love car audio. Spent the first 5 years of my 'working' life installing professionally and still miss it here and there. Other than that and working out, I'm a pretty boring person lol

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
Thanks! Like anything you've just got to make time for it. It's a constant struggle for me.
totally unreal, you are an amazing artist man

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I love car audio. Spent the first 5 years of my 'working' life installing professionally
I'm so glad car audio never grew into a big hobby for me, if only the sake of my bank account. I'm enough of a nerd about it to tune my sub's amp with a calculator and a multimeter, but that's as deep as I let the rabbit hole go for me.