Apex predator diet help

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Been dieting since October
Results were very good, but fat loss was slow.
Did a meet on the 13th of December, on the 14th I started eating 1000-1500kcal a day, 200-300g protein. So low fats and no carbs. Only breaking for Christmas day

My question is, I need to start raising calories again so I can train harder which is fine, but do you think that I'll benefit from two carb days a week?
I was thinking the 3 hour cheat window on Sunday, then on Wednesday a smaller carb-up which will be 1g/lb of body weight in carbs consisting of potatoes (as I get to eat a lot of food this way!)

Here is pic for reference, body fat is 8.6% professionally tested with calipers

CNPWayne

CNPWayne

Board Sponsor
Awards
Been dieting since October
Results were very good, but fat loss was slow.
Did a meet on the 13th of December, on the 14th I started eating 1000-1500kcal a day, 200-300g protein. So low fats and no carbs. Only breaking for Christmas day

My question is, I need to start raising calories again so I can train harder which is fine, but do you think that I'll benefit from two carb days a week?
I was thinking the 3 hour cheat window on Sunday, then on Wednesday a smaller carb-up which will be 1g/lb of body weight in carbs consisting of potatoes (as I get to eat a lot of food this way!)

Here is pic for reference, body fat is 8.6% professionally tested with calipers
Have a day with a lot of Fatty Meat like Sunday instead of calories. I did the Apex diet on a variation I ate a **** load of calories from animal fats and hardly any carbs. My numbers went through the roof. What is your ultimate goal with the diet? If you want to lose fat cut down on the calories and try and boost the protein for like a month. You will hate yourself but the results will be good.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that's what I am doing man
I'm just wondering if I am lean enough now that I'd benefit from a small mid-week carb up as well.
I might do something like a 3 hour keto cheat window though. So many options

But what you're suggesting is what I have been doing since the 14th Dec. 1000-1500kcal a day, 200-300g protein. First 7 days sucked then I was fine.
Just need to get my abs showing through more haha. 8.6% body fat, feathered lats, veins everywhere, striations on triceps and shoulder, even veins over my abs are showing in the morning lol, but no 6 pack. I'm something like 10-11% over my abs and 5% over my legs and arms

AddledCorpse

AddledCorpse

Awards
Anyone got an experience on bulking using CNP method??

I did Apex Predator for a while and had awesome gains, but I'm considering gaining some weight soon and wanna stay leanish.

Can you do this with Apex Predator (increase cals), or any suggestions? Wut do

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Anyone got an experience on bulking using CNP method??

I did Apex Predator for a while and had awesome gains, but I'm considering gaining some weight soon and wanna stay leanish.

Can you do this with Apex Predator (increase cals), or any suggestions? Wut do
http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com.au/2010/08/you-can-gain-weight-without-looking_19.html

Start by doubling your bodyweight in lbs, and making that your baseline for grams of protein, daily. As you grow, up your protein. Thereafter, you're going to have high, medium, and low carb days, which will be inversely proportional to your fat intake (unless you choose a paleo day instead of a keto day). Thus, protein remains static, while you'll have high carb/low fat, medium carb/medium fat, and low carb/low fat or low carb/high fat days. Into the mix, you'll throw two cheat windows- and don't throw them in on your low/low days. The low/low days are important, in my mind, as they serve to give a sort of protein fasting day- they're for all intents and purposes a paleo day. That's the day where you're kicking up fat metabolism, forcing your body to change your output of leptin on a daily basis, and prevent your body from settling into homeostasis of any kind. Since leptin is the hormone responsible for controlling your appetite and plays a role in fat deposition and utilization, ****ing with it by doing the metabolic equivalent of poking it in the eye with a sharp stick is key. Should you find that you're staying lean with no problem, you're incredibly hungry, or you simply want a keto day, take one. Bear in mind that those days are high calorie days, so they're tricky to fit into this system if you are really trying to rotate your calories. You could, however, cheat on these days by simply eating a massive amount of fatty meat for the three hours- hitting an all you can eat steak house or rib place (and only eating ribs coated in a dry rub). Experimentation is the word of the day here, and you're going to be like a mad scientist, tinkering with your diet until you've turned yourself into a massive, world-destroying robot bent on nothing short of the subjugation and destruction of the entire human race.

To define high carb and low carb: low carb means under 75g of carbohydrates for the purposes of this dietary regime. Thus, you'll be able to eat a handful of nuts, some veggies, and whatever carbs are in your protein shakes. That 75g does not include your postworkout meal, either, which should include at least 20g of protein and 40-75g of carbs. Play with the levels and see what works for you. I found Trio-Plex cookies and the occasional Met-Rx Big 100 brownie to be perfect for this. Otherwise, I avoid eating carbs in the form of grains or starches on these days. Medium carb days are usually those where I'll have my cheat window, which I almost invariably had at dinnertime. I make this a forcefeeding of epic proportions, and eat hard for 3 hours, whatever I want. At three hours, anything I haven't finished goes into the trash, and I have shakes for the remainder of the evening. I'll generally follow cheat days with a medium or low carb day, and then go high carb or cheat again. Never cheat on

consecutive days, if it's in a forcefeeding sort of way. If you know you're going to cheat multiple days in a row, make it a bit sensible, and don't gorge yourself- your body will absorb the excess without hurting your bodyfat levels. For the high carb day, I keep the fats low, generally eat 40-60g of carbs at 4 or 5 of my meals, which will give me 200-300g of carbs (1-1.5g of carbs per lb of bodyweight). Total meals per day will be between 6 and 10, depending on exactly how long I'm awake, how full I am from one meal to the next, etc. I never go more than 3 hours without eating, and I always leave a shake sitting on the back of the toilet to drink while I piss in the middle of the night. Obviously, I make my shakes with water- don't make the evening one with milk unless you like your milk sour.

87f

Awards
Whoa this is the first time reading about this thoroughly. Sounds siiiick!
One thing I need clarification on is "high carb/low fat, medium carb/medium fat, and low carb/low fat or low carb/high fat days".
For bulking would they all be high calorie except for the low/low day(s)? And why is it low/low OR low/high? Only one or the other, or could I include all 4?
And for cutting it would be around 3 low carb/ high fat days with low calories and then a cheat?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
If bulking then you will want them all higher calories.
zig-zag the calories for best results
low, medium, high, medium, high, medium, high calories

87f

Awards
And so you'd compose the high/ med cals of a high carb day or a high fat day or med/med?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I'd pick that macros that allowed me to eat the most food on the high day

87f

Awards
Do you use keto days only on deficit/even days or what? Ahh I've heard so many different things everywhere this approach is just all new to me.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Calories is what matters man
Use macros afterwards. If you can't bulk on keto, then don't make the high days ketogenic. If you're hungry as **** on keto, then don't make the low days ketogenic

Reactions: 87f

87f

Awards
Ahh okay gotcha. I feel like I'm overcomplicating a fairly simple idea.
In a nut shell, switch my main source of energy day to day, throwing in an occasional low energy day and occasional high(binge)?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Yeah