How old is everyone here?

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
...and how long have you been training?

You know, so we know who to mock and disregard as know-nothing pukes. You can even count your Zumba classes as part of your training.

Almost 33 years old. Ten years consistently; 12 years total.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
53 here, 6 years consistently and 8 years total. Before lifting I practiced Kenpo karate for 15 years.

87f

Awards
20 years, training 2-3. ****ing around with stupid shiz for maybe another 1 before that.

bassbastard

bassbastard

Awards
39 - Just started training again less than a year ago. Used to lift and practice Ju-Jitsu, Akido and Ken-jutsu styles in my teens and early 20's... After 4 knee surgeries, 2 hand surgeries and 2 years of physical therapy after a wreck that nearly killed me, I have decided to once again get into fighting shape.

Basically, I am lifting, riding and training for all around conditioning and strength. (Endurance, brute force and agility combined)
I have never had an issue bulking, so that part I am saving for in between circuits of endurance and agility.

SuffolkLifter

SuffolkLifter

Awards

Training since I was a chubby weak 35 year old with depression and symptoms of onset type II beetus.

(Not anymore)

But still gutted I didn't start as a teenager.

mpd556

mpd556

Awards
31 been dedicated to lifting for 2 years been an off an on guy for about 10 years. When my son was born I decided to get in shape and become dedicated to lifting. We lead by example!
I'm a noob on here and have been reading this site non stop lol.
On another note I have a baby girl coming in March which = a better reason to be big and strong!!! Stupid boys gonna be runnin around her and I'm gonna have to crush them!

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
25 3 years of "working out" 5th monnth of my version of cnp about to start.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
...and how long have you been training?

You know, so we know who to mock and disregard as know-nothing pukes. You can even count your Zumba classes as part of your training.

Almost 33 years old. Ten years consistently; 12 years total.
25 4 or 5 years training consistently. Im more of a metal and floor guy. I don't need any fecking *great if you get the reference* dance classes to get me going.

AddledCorpse

AddledCorpse

Awards
21 Years old.
Been training martial arts/fighting for most of life since grade 13ish. Fought in boxing.

Been training weightlifting for around 3 years.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
25 4 or 5 years training consistently. Im more of a metal and floor guy. I don't need any fecking *great if you get the reference* dance classes to get me going.
Speaking of.. I smashed my finger today. Got caught under an adjustable bench that broke. Left with a slightly split nail,and lots of blood. Everyone asked if im okay lol.

I finished my workout like a champ. Tomorrow is leg day. Haven't taken pain meds cause I dont need them but thursday is back day. Weighted pull ups. With this finger gonna have to bust out my dusty straps. Taking grip outa the equation. Don't you love injurys? Not much more I can do on dealing with them right? Any advice from the older trainees here?

Anywhos. I felt like a tough SOB today. Thought I would share that.

AddledCorpse

AddledCorpse

Awards
Speaking of.. I smashed my finger today. Got caught under an adjustable bench that broke. Left with a slightly split nail,and lots of blood. Everyone asked if im okay lol.

I finished my workout like a champ. Tomorrow is leg day. Haven't taken pain meds cause I dont need them but thursday is back day. Weighted pull ups. With this finger gonna have to bust out my dusty straps. Taking grip outa the equation. Don't you love injurys? Not much more I can do on dealing with them right? Any advice from the older trainees here?

Anywhos. I felt like a tough SOB today. Thought I would share that.
Well I'm not an 'older trainee' so my input is pointless, and I guess I heal like a ****ing machine which allows me to train everyday.

But I just advise training through it?
I f#cked up my right wrist twice 3 weeks ago doing heavy front squats and pulling 3 fingers out, and then smashing a deadlift into the ground while doing hook grip. Couldn't move hand for a few days.

I couldn't do bench or OHP for like 2.5 weeks but I could do reverse grip bench and reverse grip OHP for some reason, so I just did that. Always find a way around.

Squatting everyday f#cked me up until I started stretching my hips ****ing heaps.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Speaking of.. I smashed my finger today. Got caught under an adjustable bench that broke. Left with a slightly split nail,and lots of blood. Everyone asked if im okay lol. I finished my workout like a champ. Tomorrow is leg day. Haven't taken pain meds cause I dont need them but thursday is back day. Weighted pull ups. With this finger gonna have to bust out my dusty straps. Taking grip outa the equation. Don't you love injurys? Not much more I can do on dealing with them right? Any advice from the older trainees here? Anywhos. I felt like a tough SOB today. Thought I would share that.
Done that before and boy is it brutal. You're finger starts to turn all purplish and shyt but as long as your adrenaline is pumping the pain shouldn't start to kick in as much until after your lifting session...then it starts to really suck lol

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I'm not an 'older trainee' so my input is pointless, and I guess I heal like a ****ing machine which allows me to train everyday.

But I just advise training through it?
I f#cked up my right wrist twice 3 weeks ago doing heavy front squats and pulling 3 fingers out, and then smashing a deadlift into the ground while doing hook grip. Couldn't move hand for a few days.

I couldn't do bench or OHP for like 2.5 weeks but I could do reverse grip bench and reverse grip OHP for some reason, so I just did that. Always find a way around.

Squatting everyday f#cked me up until I started stretching my hips ****ing heaps.
Yeah. Going in the gym today and trying a set of pull ups before my leg portion of leg day. Im hoping these straps will work. I was just getting good at weighted pull ups and only want to get better. I am not going to let a pinky stall progress.

ironpsych

Awards
26 here. All together I've been training about 8 years; though only 2 have been dedicated to anything specific other than sports performance or general aesthetics. Unfortunately had a 3 year period where I did nothing due to an injury and opiate addiction. Last two years have been focused on powerlifting with the first year consisting of a lot of **** ups and lack of progress. This last year however I got my **** together and joined a real gym and found a group of people to help me dial in my training.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
35, training for 15 years with a few little hiatuses along the way. Studied Hapkido and practiced a little Krav Maga.

andreaelmeyer

andreaelmeyer

Awards
26 years old. Been doing resistance training of one sort or another for 7 years now (most of it in the army). Only been powerlifting/ heavy weightlifting for a year and half now.

djwolford

djwolford

Awards
30, been on and off half ass lifting for about 5-6 years. Been taking it more seriously for about a year now.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
38. Training for the better part of 23 years. Powerlifting for ~2.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
25 years old, have been training for about 11 years now.

5x5er

Awards
I am 28 and have been lifting consistently for 2 years since I moved to NYC. Working on not having such a high percent body fat, but it's hard when you're in graduate school to eat well consistently.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
28 and been lifting consistently for 5-6 years now and lifted for about 9 years total.

andrewmc

andrewmc

Awards
24, been training for 7 years (including 4 years of 2 college sports). I've been reading CnP for the last 2-3.

Christenson26

Christenson26

Awards
Just turned 20. Started weight training really seriously my junior year of highschool. Wrestled and played soccer in highschool, was a 2 time state qualifier in wrestling.

Been lifting seriously about 3-4 years

Wrestled 160. Weigh 210 now lol

aendi

aendi

Awards
32. Strength training for around 3-4 years now (wow time flies) after previously ****ing around doing stupid **** (focus at the time was martial arts). Powerlifting now and competing locally. Only discovered CnP about 3 months ago but loving the influence it's had on my training attitude and the supplements and blog are rad.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
31, and I am the MAN.

Seriously though.....

I am the MAN

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
I'm 7. Iv been training sense I was 3 but only consistently sense I was 4.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
32 - started on a Bowflex in high school, weights since college, recently got into triathlons, so I stay fairly lean

Just got my CnP samples and can't wait to try them.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
24. Started taking true lifting seriously a year and a half, maybe two years ago

stevein7

Awards
48. Training since I was 18. Lots of detours into martial arts and boxing. Had several 600k plus raw ipf totals at 90k.
My current quest is to compete p/l when I turn 50, masters 2.

spud

Awards
19 - been training kickboxing/bjj/karate all my life and got into weightlifting last year. Hoping to keep improving and become the strongest possible version of myself.

nzazad

Awards
23 years old and been strength training for 6 or so years (four which was a case of ****arounditis, two focused).