How old is everyone here?

  1. How old is everyone here?


    ...and how long have you been training?

    You know, so we know who to mock and disregard as know-nothing pukes. You can even count your Zumba classes as part of your training.

    Almost 33 years old. Ten years consistently; 12 years total.


  2. 53 here, 6 years consistently and 8 years total. Before lifting I practiced Kenpo karate for 15 years.

  3. 20 years, training 2-3. ****ing around with stupid shiz for maybe another 1 before that.
    •   
       


  4. 39 - Just started training again less than a year ago. Used to lift and practice Ju-Jitsu, Akido and Ken-jutsu styles in my teens and early 20's... After 4 knee surgeries, 2 hand surgeries and 2 years of physical therapy after a wreck that nearly killed me, I have decided to once again get into fighting shape.

    Basically, I am lifting, riding and training for all around conditioning and strength. (Endurance, brute force and agility combined)
    I have never had an issue bulking, so that part I am saving for in between circuits of endurance and agility.
    Low end brings the heavy... Funk it up

  5. 42

    Training since I was a chubby weak 35 year old with depression and symptoms of onset type II beetus.

    (Not anymore)

    But still gutted I didn't start as a teenager.

  6. 31 been dedicated to lifting for 2 years been an off an on guy for about 10 years. When my son was born I decided to get in shape and become dedicated to lifting. We lead by example!
    I'm a noob on here and have been reading this site non stop lol.
    On another note I have a baby girl coming in March which = a better reason to be big and strong!!! Stupid boys gonna be runnin around her and I'm gonna have to crush them!

  7. 25 3 years of "working out" 5th monnth of my version of cnp about to start.

  8. 12 years training. Used to lift with Jamie and that is how Chaos and Pain, LLC started. Educated with a fancy degree in Sports Med/ Nutrition

  9. Diiick-shaker!!!

    Ha ha ha!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Justin_p View Post
    ...and how long have you been training?

    You know, so we know who to mock and disregard as know-nothing pukes. You can even count your Zumba classes as part of your training.

    Almost 33 years old. Ten years consistently; 12 years total.
    25 4 or 5 years training consistently. Im more of a metal and floor guy. I don't need any fecking *great if you get the reference* dance classes to get me going.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  11. 21 Years old.
    Been training martial arts/fighting for most of life since grade 13ish. Fought in boxing.

    Been training weightlifting for around 3 years.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    25 4 or 5 years training consistently. Im more of a metal and floor guy. I don't need any fecking *great if you get the reference* dance classes to get me going.
    Speaking of.. I smashed my finger today. Got caught under an adjustable bench that broke. Left with a slightly split nail,and lots of blood. Everyone asked if im okay lol.

    I finished my workout like a champ. Tomorrow is leg day. Haven't taken pain meds cause I dont need them but thursday is back day. Weighted pull ups. With this finger gonna have to bust out my dusty straps. Taking grip outa the equation. Don't you love injurys? Not much more I can do on dealing with them right? Any advice from the older trainees here?

    Anywhos. I felt like a tough SOB today. Thought I would share that.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  13. I'm 28 been training 3 yrs almost

  14. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Speaking of.. I smashed my finger today. Got caught under an adjustable bench that broke. Left with a slightly split nail,and lots of blood. Everyone asked if im okay lol.

    I finished my workout like a champ. Tomorrow is leg day. Haven't taken pain meds cause I dont need them but thursday is back day. Weighted pull ups. With this finger gonna have to bust out my dusty straps. Taking grip outa the equation. Don't you love injurys? Not much more I can do on dealing with them right? Any advice from the older trainees here?

    Anywhos. I felt like a tough SOB today. Thought I would share that.
    Well I'm not an 'older trainee' so my input is pointless, and I guess I heal like a ****ing machine which allows me to train everyday.

    But I just advise training through it?
    I f#cked up my right wrist twice 3 weeks ago doing heavy front squats and pulling 3 fingers out, and then smashing a deadlift into the ground while doing hook grip. Couldn't move hand for a few days.

    I couldn't do bench or OHP for like 2.5 weeks but I could do reverse grip bench and reverse grip OHP for some reason, so I just did that. Always find a way around.

    Squatting everyday f#cked me up until I started stretching my hips ****ing heaps.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Speaking of.. I smashed my finger today. Got caught under an adjustable bench that broke. Left with a slightly split nail,and lots of blood. Everyone asked if im okay lol. I finished my workout like a champ. Tomorrow is leg day. Haven't taken pain meds cause I dont need them but thursday is back day. Weighted pull ups. With this finger gonna have to bust out my dusty straps. Taking grip outa the equation. Don't you love injurys? Not much more I can do on dealing with them right? Any advice from the older trainees here? Anywhos. I felt like a tough SOB today. Thought I would share that.
    Done that before and boy is it brutal. You're finger starts to turn all purplish and shyt but as long as your adrenaline is pumping the pain shouldn't start to kick in as much until after your lifting session...then it starts to really suck lol

  16. Quote Originally Posted by AddledCorpse View Post

    Well I'm not an 'older trainee' so my input is pointless, and I guess I heal like a ****ing machine which allows me to train everyday.

    But I just advise training through it?
    I f#cked up my right wrist twice 3 weeks ago doing heavy front squats and pulling 3 fingers out, and then smashing a deadlift into the ground while doing hook grip. Couldn't move hand for a few days.

    I couldn't do bench or OHP for like 2.5 weeks but I could do reverse grip bench and reverse grip OHP for some reason, so I just did that. Always find a way around.

    Squatting everyday f#cked me up until I started stretching my hips ****ing heaps.
    Yeah. Going in the gym today and trying a set of pull ups before my leg portion of leg day. Im hoping these straps will work. I was just getting good at weighted pull ups and only want to get better. I am not going to let a pinky stall progress.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  17. 26 here. All together I've been training about 8 years; though only 2 have been dedicated to anything specific other than sports performance or general aesthetics. Unfortunately had a 3 year period where I did nothing due to an injury and opiate addiction. Last two years have been focused on powerlifting with the first year consisting of a lot of **** ups and lack of progress. This last year however I got my **** together and joined a real gym and found a group of people to help me dial in my training.

  18. 35, training for 15 years with a few little hiatuses along the way. Studied Hapkido and practiced a little Krav Maga.
    Remember why you started.

  19. 26 years old. Been doing resistance training of one sort or another for 7 years now (most of it in the army). Only been powerlifting/ heavy weightlifting for a year and half now.

  20. 30, been on and off half ass lifting for about 5-6 years. Been taking it more seriously for about a year now.

  21. 38. Training for the better part of 23 years. Powerlifting for ~2.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  22. 25 years old, have been training for about 11 years now.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  23. I am 28 and have been lifting consistently for 2 years since I moved to NYC. Working on not having such a high percent body fat, but it's hard when you're in graduate school to eat well consistently.

  24. 28 and been lifting consistently for 5-6 years now and lifted for about 9 years total.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html

  25. 31 seriously training for 6 months.

  26. 24, been training for 7 years (including 4 years of 2 college sports). I've been reading CnP for the last 2-3.

  27. 28, training for 6 years consistently

  28. Just turned 20. Started weight training really seriously my junior year of highschool. Wrestled and played soccer in highschool, was a 2 time state qualifier in wrestling.

    Been lifting seriously about 3-4 years

    Wrestled 160. Weigh 210 now lol

  29. 32. Strength training for around 3-4 years now (wow time flies) after previously ****ing around doing stupid **** (focus at the time was martial arts). Powerlifting now and competing locally. Only discovered CnP about 3 months ago but loving the influence it's had on my training attitude and the supplements and blog are rad.

  30. 31, and I am the MAN.

    Seriously though.....


    I am the MAN

  31. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    31, and I am the MAN. Seriously though..... I am the MAN

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s

  32. I'm 7. Iv been training sense I was 3 but only consistently sense I was 4.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  33. 32 - started on a Bowflex in high school, weights since college, recently got into triathlons, so I stay fairly lean

    Just got my CnP samples and can't wait to try them.

  34. 24. Started taking true lifting seriously a year and a half, maybe two years ago
    "if there's one thing women love, it's a vascular man" - stewie griffin

  35. 48. Training since I was 18. Lots of detours into martial arts and boxing. Had several 600k plus raw ipf totals at 90k.
    My current quest is to compete p/l when I turn 50, masters 2.

  36. 19 - been training kickboxing/bjj/karate all my life and got into weightlifting last year. Hoping to keep improving and become the strongest possible version of myself.

  37. 23 years old and been strength training for 6 or so years (four which was a case of ****arounditis, two focused).
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How often is everyone training a muscle group per work?
    By seccsi in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-15-2011, 10:24 PM
  2. How old did everyone stop growing?
    By Random181 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 10:44 PM
  3. how old is too old (shelf life not of my gear)
    By dbow196 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 08:27 AM
  4. how "old" is too old
    By we1todd2it3 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 12:59 PM
  5. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Log in
Log in