What are you currently reading/recommend?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.49%

What are you currently reading/recommend?

Thought I'd switch it up and try to get this forum more active. Besids the CNP Blog (which we all read), and knowing fans of CNP we are much more that just meat heads. What Books are you currently reading, and or what would you recommend?

About to crack open Al Jourgensens (lead singer of Ministry) Biography "Ministry: The Lost Gospels According to Al Jourgensen "

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Completed the Song of Fire and Ice (Game of Thrones series for those who only know the show)

But now time to back off pop culture and get back to my regular reading. I like reading historical accounts, currently picking up where I left off in a book on Genghis Khan & the Mongols
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.97%

Currently not reading anything, since I just finished Nutritional Psycho this morning.
    Knocked out some five or six Diablo books recently. They're not remotely intellectual reads, but they please my inner 13 year old.
    Also currently some three books deep in the Horus Heresy... whenever I can get around to picking up some more.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.2%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Two things:
    Becoming A Supple Leopard by Starrett
    Persian Fire by Holland
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.93%

Re-reading William Llewellyn's Anabolics 10th Edition. Also listening to the audio book, The Dope Next Door.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.97%

Speaking of audio books... it's about time for some travel. Let's see some recommendations there! The free-er, the better!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.02%

Too Big To Fail by Andrew Ross Sorkin - Sorkin's a financial columnist and does some stuff with CNBC. The book is a look into the behind the scenes wheeling and dealing that occurred in the wake of the Great Recession

The Big Short by Michael Lewis - A look at the guys who actually saw that the **** was about to hit the fan and profited as a result. Significantly less intellectual than the Sorkin book but still good fun.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.14%

My life feels incomplete if I don't read 4+ books simultaneously. I bought a huge book of Weird fiction short stories and I've been chipping away at those since last year. That book introduced my to H.P Lovecraft so I bought, "The Call of Chtulhu," and I read that too. I'm also working on WW-Z and Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

When I got home I realized I never finished Atlas Shrugged and a WWII book about Operation Barbarosa. I also realized on Jamie's last Blog post that I never finished a book about Unit 731, kind of on purpose. That was the most disturbing, true book I've ever read and I've nonchalantly read about The Rostov Ripper, Torture, and the Nazi experiments. Unit 731 defies belief.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  242 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.8%

Just got a nook for christmas and working through the works of Lovecraft and Kafka more or less simultaneously. I also have been slogging through the Divine Comedy for like three years now.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  153 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.25%

The Columbine Effect: How five teen pastimes got caught in the crossfire and why teens are taking them back which I like because it goes into a lot of the stuff I loved as a kid, which was demonized, why it was demonized and the sociological and psychological reasons behind the stupid blame games the media played. Also goes into the odd bits of good that come from everything the media tells you is terrible i.e. the effects of violent video games, music and things of that nature. I am not a teen any more but I was at the time so I find this a very interesting read. This also reminds me why I feel that religiously ultra conservative fear mongers need to get a damn life(and also some liberals too that want to censor anything that is too violent or get it banned, both sides have pulled that **** before)
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.29%

I just got the Monster Hunter books and from what Jamie has told me they are the tits.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  77 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.41%

Original Conan books, unedited and written by Robert E. Howard. Pretty ****ing bada.ss.
  13. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.29%

Quote Originally Posted by AddledCorpse View Post
    Original Conan books, unedited and written by Robert E. Howard. Pretty ****ing bada.ss.
    That sounds amazing!
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.93%

I'm reading Muscle confessions of an unlikely bodybuilder and Nutrition and Enhanced Sports Performance: Muscle Building, Endurance, and Strength
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  177 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

I usually work through 2-3 books at a time. Currently I'm reading Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, and Base Building. I've also been cracking open The Art of War once and a while. It's excellent, but I can't read more than a few pages of that thing at a time.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.29%

Quote Originally Posted by Drumstick42 View Post
    I usually work through 2-3 books at a time. Currently I'm reading Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, and Base Building. I've also been cracking open The Art of War once and a while. It's excellent, but I can't read more than a few pages of that thing at a time.
    The art of war....Nice!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  153 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.25%

I just finished the first "Prince of Thrones" book, upon reading about it in the C and P blog...one of the best fantasy series books I have read! Also reading "The Frailty Myth" which is basically about why women should be more physically active from childhood on, the way boys are, and the myths that lead them to believe they shouldn't exercise in the last hundred years (doctors thought women would knock their uterus loose and all this other crazy ****). Turns out heavy hard exercise is good for us (duh) and prevents **** like osteoporosis, and other ailments and has very little chance of threatening our ability to enjoy sex or have kids(in fact it might make us healthier for it). This might not appeal to guys, but I think a lot of chicks pedaling away on cardio machines and lifting 1.5 lb dumbbells should read this.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%

Celtic Myth & Legend, The Gnoll Credo, Basics of Chemical Engineering (trying to finish everything that will be covered next semester before school starts)
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  77 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.41%

Quote Originally Posted by andreaelmeyer View Post
    I just finished the first "Prince of Thrones" book, upon reading about it in the C and P blog...one of the best fantasy series books I have read! Also reading "The Frailty Myth" which is basically about why women should be more physically active from childhood on, the way boys are, and the myths that lead them to believe they shouldn't exercise in the last hundred years (doctors thought women would knock their uterus loose and all this other crazy ****). Turns out heavy hard exercise is good for us (duh) and prevents **** like osteoporosis, and other ailments and has very little chance of threatening our ability to enjoy sex or have kids(in fact it might make us healthier for it). This might not appeal to guys, but I think a lot of chicks pedaling away on cardio machines and lifting 1.5 lb dumbbells should read this.
    Actually this sounds awesome and I will have to check it out.
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.29%

Quote Originally Posted by AddledCorpse View Post
    Actually this sounds awesome and I will have to check it out.
    The whole series for Prince/King/Emperor of thorns is awesome.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

I am starting I am Legend. Other than that, mostly just journal articles for work.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Just finished Hatfield's Power. Not a bad read, it keeps things pretty simple and would be a good introductory book for somebody looking to learn about training. The last third is pretty much an anti-gear argument though.

Similar Forum Threads

1. What Supplements are you currently using??
    By CryingEmo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 05:47 AM
  3. what are you stocking up on?
    By megalug in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 09:01 PM
  4. What are you?
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24