What are you currently reading/recommend?

purebrutality

Awards
Thought I'd switch it up and try to get this forum more active. Besids the CNP Blog (which we all read), and knowing fans of CNP we are much more that just meat heads. What Books are you currently reading, and or what would you recommend?

About to crack open Al Jourgensens (lead singer of Ministry) Biography "Ministry: The Lost Gospels According to Al Jourgensen "

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Completed the Song of Fire and Ice (Game of Thrones series for those who only know the show)

But now time to back off pop culture and get back to my regular reading. I like reading historical accounts, currently picking up where I left off in a book on Genghis Khan & the Mongols

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Currently not reading anything, since I just finished Nutritional Psycho this morning.
Knocked out some five or six Diablo books recently. They're not remotely intellectual reads, but they please my inner 13 year old.
Also currently some three books deep in the Horus Heresy... whenever I can get around to picking up some more.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Two things:
Becoming A Supple Leopard by Starrett
Persian Fire by Holland

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
Re-reading William Llewellyn's Anabolics 10th Edition. Also listening to the audio book, The Dope Next Door.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of audio books... it's about time for some travel. Let's see some recommendations there! The free-er, the better!

CNPCharles

CNPCharles

Awards
Too Big To Fail by Andrew Ross Sorkin - Sorkin's a financial columnist and does some stuff with CNBC. The book is a look into the behind the scenes wheeling and dealing that occurred in the wake of the Great Recession

The Big Short by Michael Lewis - A look at the guys who actually saw that the **** was about to hit the fan and profited as a result. Significantly less intellectual than the Sorkin book but still good fun.

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
My life feels incomplete if I don't read 4+ books simultaneously. I bought a huge book of Weird fiction short stories and I've been chipping away at those since last year. That book introduced my to H.P Lovecraft so I bought, "The Call of Chtulhu," and I read that too. I'm also working on WW-Z and Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

When I got home I realized I never finished Atlas Shrugged and a WWII book about Operation Barbarosa. I also realized on Jamie's last Blog post that I never finished a book about Unit 731, kind of on purpose. That was the most disturbing, true book I've ever read and I've nonchalantly read about The Rostov Ripper, Torture, and the Nazi experiments. Unit 731 defies belief.

ironpsych

Awards
Just got a nook for christmas and working through the works of Lovecraft and Kafka more or less simultaneously. I also have been slogging through the Divine Comedy for like three years now.

andreaelmeyer

andreaelmeyer

Awards
The Columbine Effect: How five teen pastimes got caught in the crossfire and why teens are taking them back which I like because it goes into a lot of the stuff I loved as a kid, which was demonized, why it was demonized and the sociological and psychological reasons behind the stupid blame games the media played. Also goes into the odd bits of good that come from everything the media tells you is terrible i.e. the effects of violent video games, music and things of that nature. I am not a teen any more but I was at the time so I find this a very interesting read. This also reminds me why I feel that religiously ultra conservative fear mongers need to get a damn life(and also some liberals too that want to censor anything that is too violent or get it banned, both sides have pulled that **** before)

AddledCorpse

AddledCorpse

Awards
Original Conan books, unedited and written by Robert E. Howard. Pretty ****ing bada.ss.

tcslick

tcslick

Awards
I'm reading Muscle confessions of an unlikely bodybuilder and Nutrition and Enhanced Sports Performance: Muscle Building, Endurance, and Strength

Drumstick42

Awards
I usually work through 2-3 books at a time. Currently I'm reading Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, and Base Building. I've also been cracking open The Art of War once and a while. It's excellent, but I can't read more than a few pages of that thing at a time.

CNPWayne

CNPWayne

Board Sponsor
Awards
I usually work through 2-3 books at a time. Currently I'm reading Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers, and Base Building. I've also been cracking open The Art of War once and a while. It's excellent, but I can't read more than a few pages of that thing at a time.
The art of war....Nice!

andreaelmeyer

andreaelmeyer

Awards
I just finished the first "Prince of Thrones" book, upon reading about it in the C and P blog...one of the best fantasy series books I have read! Also reading "The Frailty Myth" which is basically about why women should be more physically active from childhood on, the way boys are, and the myths that lead them to believe they shouldn't exercise in the last hundred years (doctors thought women would knock their uterus loose and all this other crazy ****). Turns out heavy hard exercise is good for us (duh) and prevents **** like osteoporosis, and other ailments and has very little chance of threatening our ability to enjoy sex or have kids(in fact it might make us healthier for it). This might not appeal to guys, but I think a lot of chicks pedaling away on cardio machines and lifting 1.5 lb dumbbells should read this.

MadScientistJ

Awards
Celtic Myth & Legend, The Gnoll Credo, Basics of Chemical Engineering (trying to finish everything that will be covered next semester before school starts)

AddledCorpse

AddledCorpse

Awards
I just finished the first "Prince of Thrones" book, upon reading about it in the C and P blog...one of the best fantasy series books I have read! Also reading "The Frailty Myth" which is basically about why women should be more physically active from childhood on, the way boys are, and the myths that lead them to believe they shouldn't exercise in the last hundred years (doctors thought women would knock their uterus loose and all this other crazy ****). Turns out heavy hard exercise is good for us (duh) and prevents **** like osteoporosis, and other ailments and has very little chance of threatening our ability to enjoy sex or have kids(in fact it might make us healthier for it). This might not appeal to guys, but I think a lot of chicks pedaling away on cardio machines and lifting 1.5 lb dumbbells should read this.
Actually this sounds awesome and I will have to check it out.

5x5er

Awards
I am starting I am Legend. Other than that, mostly just journal articles for work.

Rogue 75

Awards
Just finished Hatfield's Power. Not a bad read, it keeps things pretty simple and would be a good introductory book for somebody looking to learn about training. The last third is pretty much an anti-gear argument though.