High Volume Template (100's of total reps)

StrengthRebel

Awards
DISCLAIMER:

I haven't got to make too much if any significant experience with this type of volume peaking method. I just thought it'd be fun to see what people think and what people will gain from this is they choose to try it out.

Here goes:

A program i made for anyone looking to train really hard but doesn't have the luxury to do CnP like routine that require near daily training and training the same exercises/movements/bodyparts multiple days in a row.

There is no detail that needs be followed 100% for this to be tough and work, just don't use that as an excuse to change everything.

The key is to have 2-3 rest days between any upper day and 2-3 rest days between any lower days, alternating upper and lower body days every time you hit the gym. Ultimately you can get to train your entire body 2-3 days a week. For a CnP Hooligan that may not sound like a lot but it's a lot of ****ing volume so shut the **** up and be realistic.

The assist exercises are so that you start with the highest amount of reps suggested and peak until you're down to the minimum rep number suggested (or as close down as you feel optimal/injury free). If you do not want to do so many reps on an exercise you are allowed to start with fewer reps, BUT you have to use a weight that you would be able to do all the max reps on every sets with. This rule is made to prevent injury from bad technique and to avoid the possibility for a rookie to accidentally practice bad form on the bigger exercises that are highly technical.

Once you get to minimum reps on assist exercises you will add weight every time you get the prescribed amount of minimum reps per set.

Once you start stalling on the Squat, Bench and Deadlift (or any other "first" lift that you personally like to focus on), start doing less sets/reps (also do that on the assist exercises), increase the amount of weight you add per session to avoid burning out due to accumulated stress before you get near your actual 1RM and peak for a 1RM. If you're a Powerlifter try to make things fit so that in the end you will have one deload week of which you have 1, MAYBE 2 workouts that has you do NO MORE than 5sets, 3reps and 50% on each of the big 3 and then do a Mock Meet or Competition around friday-sunday depending on the feel or the competition date. No assist work, No cardio, NO NOTHING other than that. You may do yourself a favor and use a lower workload to be honest. Minimalism is key here. It's important for a methodical underreaching and super-compensation!

If you don't do the aforementioned way of peaking, you should still deload. It could be a week of full deloading or you could just give yourself a break from going all out on the movements/muscle groups for a while or so until you feel ready to crush ****. If you're around max weights or did a max test, repeat. Start all over. Swallow your ****ing ego, do the exact same (or make slight changes depending on new and possibly different muscle balances/weakpoints) and work your way up. Or do something new, it's up to you. You can really keep doing this thing year round since the whole thing isn't set in stone so you can experiment with all kinds of parameters and ultimately create your own style while keep using these principles. But first run it once or twice as is (with directions as written on this page) so you can feel it out and not **** up as much.

This might look like a handful and trust me it is, but the key here is that with all the high reps and longer periods of lighter weights, you will find yourself training in a very safe way considering the amount of seriously hard work you will be pushing your body through.
Upper Body:

I recommend doing upper body first because Squats can be hard on the elbows and thus some people will most likely experience elbow pains during the press training if doing that the day after.

And cos the lower body days have lat exercises. You don't want your lats and upper back be sore on a pressing day so i prefer to do that the day after.

1:
Chest:
Paused Bench 5x3x70% +2,5kg per session
Incline Bench 5x5-20 +2,5kg per session
DB Bench 5x10-20 +2,5kg per session
DB Flyes 5x20 +2,5kg every time i get 20reps on all sets
Optional Weakpoint: 5x20 (peaking)

Weakpoint could be shoulders or triceps for extra frequency.

2:
Shoulders:
Press 5x5-15 +2,5kg per session
Press variation 5x5-20 +2,5kg per session
Shrugs 3x8-15 +5kg per session
Laterals 5x8-20 +2,5kg per session

Weakpoint could be chest or triceps for extra frequency.

3:
Triceps:
CGBP 5x5-15 +2,5kg per session
Dips 5xFxbw +2,5kg per session
Lying Tricep Extensions 5x10-20 +2,5kg per session
Optional: Rope Pushdowns 3-5x10-20

Weakpoint could be chest or shoulders for extra frequency.

Lower Body:

Quads/Hamstrings/Back

The lower body days don't have much in the form of weakpoint assist work cos it's much easier to target the entire lower body than the entire upper body since there's fewer exercises required for that.

1:
Quad:
Squat 10x1-5x60% +5kg per session
DL 3x3x60% or DL variation 1x5-15 +5kg per session
Calves 5x10-20 +2,5kg per session
Rows 5x5-20 +2,5kg per session
Curls 5x5-20 +2,5kg per session
Rear Delts 5x10-20 +2,5kg per session

2:
Hamstrings:
Squat variation 1x5-15 +5kg per session
RDL 5x5-15 +2,5kg per session
Calves 5x10-20 +2,5kg per session
Chins 5xFxBW +2,5kg per session
Rear Delts 5x10-20 +2,5kg per session

3:
Back:
Squat 3x3x50% (optional)
DL 3x1-3x60% +5kg per session
Chins 5x5-20 +2,5kg per session
Rows 5x5-20 +5kg per session
Incline DB Curls 5x20 +2,5kg every time u get 20reps on all sets (same on any other Curl if you choose this exercise although you may go down to around 10reps or any rep range inbetween if you want to)
Optional Weakpoint: 5x5-20 +2,5kg per session

Optional Weakpoint should preferably be anything other than Lats and Bi's, but if you're a Bodybuilder i guess you can do anything.

I don't care if you do Chins or Pull-ups. I don't care if you do Chins or Rows first, just choose one way and stick to it!

Are your lower back fresh and do you need explosiveness from knees up on DL? Do any type of Barbell Rows first!

Are your lower back really fatiqued but at the same time there's no need to worry about getting injured? Do Barbell Rows after Chins. Need mid/lower trap size more than Lat size but are in the tired lower back situation? Do DB Rows!

I don't give a ****, know your body and do as needed, but not always as personally preferred.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You may get a better response by posting this in the Training forum, not the Supplement Company forum. People may not be searching supplement companies to look for workout routines.

StrengthRebel

Awards
Yeah you're probably right. But i'm also trying to create some more activity in this subforum so that they will make their own forum at some point.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah you're probably right. But i'm also trying to create some more activity in this subforum so that they will make their own forum at some point.
Like I said, man, there's the training forum for training and the supp forum for supps. Just makes sense to me for other members wanting to gain knowledge, to be able to look for stuff in appropriate areas. Just food for thought. Who knows, maybe more people will come in here to discuss training.

Justin_p

Justin_p

Awards
I'm here to have some fun and maybe learn something. maybe.

Reading through routines makes my brain ache.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Why is back lower body? This is not a good routine IMHO... I think it may have sounded better in your head...

anonymous_bur

anonymous_bur

Awards
is this a routine that you've actually used or are you just throwing it out there for people to **** on?

because in a vacuum I'd say it sucks but if you've actually used it with any kind of success then that's different.

StrengthRebel

Awards
Guys read the details before throwing out words like u understand it.

anonymous_bur

anonymous_bur

Awards
I read the whole thing, and think it's dumb, which is why I asked what I did. If you'd said "I do this program and have made this progress, both in strength and physique," then I'd be more inclined to listen to you.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are your qualifications?

Why should someone try your programming instead of using programming from professionals? (Lilly, Green, DeFranco, Wendler, etc.)

Why did you write up a program that you don't use yourself or have never tried yourself and expect others to drop their programs to use it?

I'm not gonna criticize the program, but I do wonder about all of these things because of the way the program is being presented. (as a viable alternative to someone's current programming but not your own). Please try not to get offended (as people so often do on the forums), I very seriously want to know these things.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Guys read the details before throwing out words like u understand it.
I read every little bit of it(out of boredom) & like I said, it probably sounded better in your head... Don't put something up for people to critique if you can't accept peoples opinions on it... Maybe you should stop throwing out words, period...