Cannibal Ferox

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Profile looks interesting except for the creatine. I wish that was not in there as it's dirt cheap and is just taking up volume. Looking forward to trying this when released.
    •   

2. Been reading Chaos and Pain Since '09 and the supplement line has been awaited with much anticipation. They're bringing the fan base over to AM, and that's how I (and I suspect many new faces soon) ended up here. Hopefully will be a good way to centralize all the numerous portals for fans (NSFW blog, SFW blog, CnP shop, Facebook, etc.)

Jaime has provided absolute GOBS of information over the years to readers ranging from training regimes of "ye olde tyme" strongmen and olympic weightlifting teams to diets all over the world and mounds of scientific studies around nutrition, supplements, hormone profiles, and exercises. He's developed a pretty loyal and enthusiastic following (and the record breaking lifts don't hurt either). I'll tag on the review I put on the CnP shop for Ferox here as well, and while I'm certain the "I don't actually represent suchandsuch" is about as easy to swallow sometimes as a frisbee (turns out not that hard given enough butter and anger), I really don't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Starting first on the taste issue. Yes, it is a workout in itself just to choke the stuff down, but I find that actually adds to the mistique of this being some devil powered voodoo concoction that you choke down before wading into battle like a witcher on stew-roids and bath salts. A concoction that would kill any lesser man.

As for the effectiveness, it most certainly delivers on every promise I've seen made. It's almost hard to notice how well it's working at times as it doesn't come with the body flush, stomach churning, crazy buzz, ADD in a bottle, etc. You just notice after a while you're still hammering the weights after 90 minutes with fervor and intensity like you just started! The sets can just keep coming and you're more likely to deplete every last molecule of glycogen you can have than decide to throw in the towel because you're tired.

I'm by no means a stimulant connoisseur but have tried a decent number of products and I haven't found anything that blasts you out of a cannon like Ferox does without the unpleasant side effects of feeling nauseaus, stir-crazy, or like a colony of fire ants has decided to take up residence under your skin. Fantastic product, and I look forward to more in the future! Expected nothing less from CnP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: As a PS/update to my review.. Absolutely DO NOT mix Ferox with blue MiO sport in an attempt to make it taste nice.. By some satanic alchemy the resulting flavour is an absolutely perfect recreation of liquid human vomit. I don't exaggerate in the least, pure vomit. I was stunned and more than a little impressed at the perfect mimic. The spectacular effects however, remain undiminished.
    Last edited by DevonG; 12-09-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: update

3. I see you say you've never had a package not make it to austraila, but have you had any experiences with deliveries to Norway? I'm pretty sure our customs can be even more anally retentive than the austrailian ones. Planning on buying some as a small christmas gift to myself and hopefully get it before the start of the new semester, but I would be pissed if it got confiscated. I'm going to get my hands on some anyways, but would be nice to just get it delivered the easy way.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jotun View Post
    I see you say you've never had a package not make it to austraila, but have you had any experiences with deliveries to Norway? I'm pretty sure our customs can be even more anally retentive than the austrailian ones. Planning on buying some as a small christmas gift to myself and hopefully get it before the start of the new semester, but I would be pissed if it got confiscated. I'm going to get my hands on some anyways, but would be nice to just get it delivered the easy way.
    I have sent multiple packages to Norway and nobody has said they have not received it yet. I ship them all as "Multi Vitamins"
    •   

5. Quote Originally Posted by DevonG View Post
    Been reading Chaos and Pain Since '09 and the supplement line has been awaited with much anticipation. They're bringing the fan base over to AM, and that's how I (and I suspect many new faces soon) ended up here. Hopefully will be a good way to centralize all the numerous portals for fans (NSFW blog, SFW blog, CnP shop, Facebook, etc.)

Jaime has provided absolute GOBS of information over the years to readers ranging from training regimes of "ye olde tyme" strongmen and olympic weightlifting teams to diets all over the world and mounds of scientific studies around nutrition, supplements, hormone profiles, and exercises. He's developed a pretty loyal and enthusiastic following (and the record breaking lifts don't hurt either). I'll tag on the review I put on the CnP shop for Ferox here as well, and while I'm certain the "I don't actually represent suchandsuch" is about as easy to swallow sometimes as a frisbee (turns out not that hard given enough butter and anger), I really don't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Starting first on the taste issue. Yes, it is a workout in itself just to choke the stuff down, but I find that actually adds to the mistique of this being some devil powered voodoo concoction that you choke down before wading into battle like a witcher on stew-roids and bath salts. A concoction that would kill any lesser man.

As for the effectiveness, it most certainly delivers on every promise I've seen made. It's almost hard to notice how well it's working at times as it doesn't come with the body flush, stomach churning, crazy buzz, ADD in a bottle, etc. You just notice after a while you're still hammering the weights after 90 minutes with fervor and intensity like you just started! The sets can just keep coming and you're more likely to deplete every last molecule of glycogen you can have than decide to throw in the towel because you're tired.

I'm by no means a stimulant connoisseur but have tried a decent number of products and I haven't found anything that blasts you out of a cannon like Ferox does without the unpleasant side effects of feeling nauseaus, stir-crazy, or like a colony of fire ants has decided to take up residence under your skin. Fantastic product, and I look forward to more in the future! Expected nothing less from CnP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: As a PS/update to my review.. Absolutely DO NOT mix Ferox with blue MiO sport in an attempt to make it taste nice.. By some satanic alchemy the resulting flavour is an absolutely perfect recreation of liquid human vomit. I don't exaggerate in the least, pure vomit. I was stunned and more than a little impressed at the perfect mimic. The spectacular effects however, remain undiminished.
    The good news is the two new flavors of Cannibal Ferox (Lemon Ice and Watermelon) taste great! We will be do a contest soon to give some of them away that I have left over.

6. Heard a lot of good things about your preworkout product, especially in terms of how strong it is in the stim department.

7. Maybe this is just me but I don't even feel like I need 30 to 45 minutes for this stuff to kick in. Within 20 minutes of chugging it I feel like throwing or smashing something. Maybe I just have the metabolism of a field mouse, but I like the fact that it doesn't take eons to kick in.

8. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Heard a lot of good things about your preworkout product, especially in terms of how strong it is in the stim department.
    The power is not is question haha! We had an issue with the taste and are rectifying it now. We will have watermelon and lemon ice coming out around xmas new year time that will taste great! I will have a lot of samples to try around xmas time as well for all of you guys!

9. Quote Originally Posted by andreaelmeyer View Post
    Maybe this is just me but I don't even feel like I need 30 to 45 minutes for this stuff to kick in. Within 20 minutes of chugging it I feel like throwing or smashing something. Maybe I just have the metabolism of a field mouse, but I like the fact that it doesn't take eons to kick in.
    I feel it generally right at about 20 minutes. After about 1.5 hrs I feel almost like a second wind which is pretty amazing!

10. Also I would like to note proudly that Ferox fueled an awesome workout for me today. I tried squat to press (behind the neck) and was able to put 135 overhead, and this was the FIRST time I tried the lift! Also my bench press lockout from the bottom, narrow grip is now a max of 180! Not bad for a 153 lb female!

11. Quote Originally Posted by andreaelmeyer View Post
    Also I would like to note proudly that Ferox fueled an awesome workout for me today. I tried squat to press (behind the neck) and was able to put 135 overhead, and this was the FIRST time I tried the lift! Also my bench press lockout from the bottom, narrow grip is now a max of 180! Not bad for a 153 lb female!
    Sometimes you just have to be a badass!!

12. Will any of the Cannibal products be available at websites like bodybuilding.com or at major supplement stores?

13. Quote Originally Posted by CNPWayne View Post
    It will be on http://www.nutraplanet.com/ very soon and will be in brick and mortar stores following that!
    *prays to Krom for locations in Canada - Specifically Edmonton*

14. Quote Originally Posted by CNPWayne View Post
    I have a few gyms that want to Carry it there! We will get it worked out! Also we have had no problems shipping to America's Hat AKA Canada.
    Holy hell that's awesome!

15. Loving ferox, the only bad thing about it is I can never stay in the gym long enough. Just curious why there was no beta-alanine in there

16. Quote Originally Posted by MadScientistJ View Post
    Loving ferox, the only bad thing about it is I can never stay in the gym long enough. Just curious why there was no beta-alanine in there
    There is a study that shows that Beta Alanine and Dendrobium counter balance each other. Also we do not like the tingles and a mega dose is not the proper way to take beta Alanine as the tingles are a symptom of the overdose. The beta alanine study for power showed that you need to take 900mg every 3-4 hours to have the increase to power output.

17. That's why I buy from you guys because you know your ****. Thanks for holding my hand and walking me through that.

18. im gonna be selling it out of the trunk of my car

19. Quote Originally Posted by CNPWayne View Post
    There is a study that shows that Beta Alanine and Dendrobium counter balance each other. Also we do not like the tingles and a mega dose is not the proper way to take beta Alanine as the tingles are a symptom of the overdose. The beta alanine study for power showed that you need to take 900mg every 3-4 hours to have the increase to power output.
    What does dendrobium even do? The only dendrobium products I know of that had any kind of extra anything were spiked, yet everyone keeps adding it into things. (mostly for the name recognition with craze, it seems)

20. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    What does dendrobium even do? The only dendrobium products I know of that had any kind of extra anything were spiked, yet everyone keeps adding it into things. (mostly for the name recognition with craze, it seems)
    It has been shown to help increase brain functionality due to the process of the increase of N-isopentenyl. It has properties that help it prevent Neuro damage in the brain. It has a stimulant effect that give an uplift to the user. It has been used a long time in china as a herbal medicine similar to that of the ephedra strains.

21. Quote Originally Posted by CNPWayne View Post

It has been shown to help increase brain functionality due to the process of the increase of N-isopentenyl. It has properties that help it prevent Neuro damage in the brain. It has a stimulant effect that give an uplift to the user. It has been used a long time in china as a herbal medicine similar to that of the ephedra strains.
    Has any of that been shown when administered orally?

22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Has any of that been shown when administered orally?
    You will have to go and find some of these but they are some studies that I have read.

Chen & Chen (1935), The pharmacological action of dendrobine. The alkaloid of Chin-Shih-Hu. JPET, 55: 319-325
    http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/55/3/319.short
    Dendrobine, an antagonist of β-alanine, taurine and of presynaptic inhibition in the frog spinal cord
    Yoshihisa Kudo1, Atsuko Tanaka1, Kiyoyuki Yamada2
    Article first published online: 19 JUL 2012
    DOI: 10.1111/j.1476-5381.1983.tb09424.x
    Hossain (2011), Therapeutic orchids: traditional uses and recent advances — An overview. Fitoterapia, 82: 102-140

23. Has anyone had any issues getting ferox (or inferno) into Aus? Customs here aren't real friendly with supplements and i'm looking to order.

24. Oh man the focus and mental clarity from this stuff was amazing. I took a half scoop on an empty stomach and then sat through 4 hours of lecture. Best. Lectures. Ever.
    My only issue with this (aside from rancid hooker taint taste) is that it absolutely nukes my appetite. I found that if I ate too much before lifting I'd spend most of the session trying not to puke.
    It made for the BEST fasting workouts though.
    Stayed a little nauseous for like 6 hours after so it kinda interfered with my daily eating requirements. Aside from the nausea I loved the product though.

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It's Frank Gonzalez (owner of Texas Power Concepts) and Marshall White (pro SHW Strongman).

I checked the Facebook and saw the post with the link to AM, so that makes sense. Like I said, I'm just typically suspect of new posters raving about new companies.

I can't see the ingredient label on my phone, but I saw it on the laptop earlier today. What's with the addition of the L-Citrulline in the product? What purpose did it serve at that dose that made it worth adding?
    Marshall and I met at the Olympia this year, and we sponsor his girlfriend. I assume that's how Frank knows of us as well. I'm very well known in powerlifting as I hold the all-time, all-fed total record at 181, raw, so he might know of me/us from that as well.

26. Quote Originally Posted by 87f View Post
    Oh man the focus and mental clarity from this stuff was amazing. I took a half scoop on an empty stomach and then sat through 4 hours of lecture. Best. Lectures. Ever.
    My only issue with this (aside from rancid hooker taint taste) is that it absolutely nukes my appetite. I found that if I ate too much before lifting I'd spend most of the session trying not to puke.
    It made for the BEST fasting workouts though.
    Stayed a little nauseous for like 6 hours after so it kinda interfered with my daily eating requirements. Aside from the nausea I loved the product though.
    The nausea is from that **** flavor. Wait till you try the new flavored stuff! Your stomach will thank you.
  •