Kicking the new year off with Protomax

JThaR3ason

Awards
Alright so as the post says, starting Day 1 of Protomax tomorrow. I will be logging my progress weekly. Just wondering what is the deal with the label saying it may cause drowsiness? Has anyone encountered this? Also, does anyone out there know the approx 1/2 life of Proto? I am really hoping for some nice clean gains. My diet is extremely clean and strict.

Stats:
Age 24
5'7"
210lbs (~9%bf)

PH/DSexperience
H-Drol
E-Stane
EQ-Plex
P-Plex
D-Zine
M-Drol
Furza

Clen (i know its not either a PH or DS)

Current Supplements:
Cycle Support
Anadraulic State GT
Kre-Alkalyn
Magnesium Creatine Chelate
Fish oil
Multi
BCAAs

Cycle Plan:
75/75/100/100/100

PCT:
Nolva: 40/40/20/20 (i may use Clomid for the first 3 days for LH stim)
Lean FX
Diesel Test Hardcore
T-911 (only on occasion for libido)
Clen (to maintain high caloric intake w/o gaining unwanted lbs)

In the rare case that i get gyno symptoms i have Letro and arim on hand.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Nobody reported drowsiness, dont remember why that was on there, and I cant remember the half life, but I will be following along, please keep us updated. Lean, solid, realistic muscle gains are what proto is all about, some people expected 20 lb gains like sd, only to loose more than half of it in pct, and I'll take solid, sustainable, realistic gains everytime over the bloat/loss effect with some phs.

JThaR3ason

Awards
Day 1

Obviously no changes will be occurring after the first dose. Mainly just logging so I get in the habit and not flake out. I will try to get some before and after pics on here in the near future.

Just out of curiosity, how fast acting of a compound is this? I am hoping by the end of week 2 to start seeing some small-moderate changes but not holding my breath, I know these things take time and will not lose patience or faith in it. Also I havent seen this but has anyone reported any significant shutdown at the end of their proto cycle?

Well, stuck at work and its time for round one of tilapia, brocolli, 1 Tbsp of MCT oil and sweet potatoes...my next post will more than likely be Saturday night with any updates on sides/results.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Alright so as the post says, starting Day 1 of Protomax tomorrow. I will be logging my progress weekly. Just wondering what is the deal with the label saying it may cause drowsiness? Has anyone encountered this? Also, does anyone out there know the approx 1/2 life of Proto? I am really hoping for some nice clean gains. My diet is extremely clean and strict.

Stats:
Age 24
5'7"
210lbs (~9%bf)

PH/DSexperience
H-Drol
E-Stane
EQ-Plex
P-Plex
D-Zine
M-Drol
Furza

Clen (i know its not either a PH or DS)

Current Supplements:
Cycle Support
Anadraulic State GT
Kre-Alkalyn
Magnesium Creatine Chelate
Fish oil
Multi
BCAAs

Cycle Plan:
75/75/100/100/100

PCT:
Nolva: 40/40/20/20 (i may use Clomid for the first 3 days for LH stim)
Lean FX
Diesel Test Hardcore
T-911 (only on occasion for libido)
Clen (to maintain high caloric intake w/o gaining unwanted lbs)

In the rare case that i get gyno symptoms i have Letro and arim on hand.
Are you really 5'7" 210lbs at 9%, I want to see pics yo, no homo

JThaR3ason

Awards
yeah i really am, will try and post some pics when my wife gets back in town. Ill be honest, getting the time to take pics, is pretty difficult with a 12 hour work day and a 5 month old kid who is teething, but i will do my best to get them up.

JThaR3ason

Awards
Alright just a little update, on the cycle:

Nothing really significant yet, starting to notice a little more vascularity in my chest, traps, shoulders and waistline. Overall feeling pretty good, strength is still the same. Still too early to tell anything significant. Hopefully will have a better write up next week. After all im only in the 5th day of the cycle.

So far no negative sides at all. No drop in libido (thankfully!), no back pumps, no lethargy.

I have been having a difficult time getting the motivation lately, probably due to the low carb intake right now, not drastically low, but low enough to tell.

I guess i shoulda posted goals for the cycle in the first post, my bad. I am in the process of cutting, possibly for a show coming up in March in AZ. Still on the fence whether or not i wanna compete, i am having a hard time finding a solid coach.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
one question, is this a clean bulk? recomp? or cut?

other than that im in this
kill it!!!

Aldross

Aldross

Awards
I'm in on this also. I am on day 8 of Proto myself and veins are really starting to pop across my shoulders and chest. I'm on a light cut trying to get back around 10% so lack of carbs is making it to where i still need a pre w/o but besides that I'm liking it.

J

BrockR

BrockR

Awards
yeah i really am, will try and post some pics when my wife gets back in town. Ill be honest, getting the time to take pics, is pretty difficult with a 12 hour work day and a 5 month old kid who is teething, but i will do my best to get them up.

I feel ya bro! Long hours and little kids (I've got 2). Kudos to you for having the resolve to do a solid cycle while your life is going haywire.

I'll be following this. I've got some protomax on the shelf.

JThaR3ason

Awards
Sorry for not being as active on this as i had originally planned, but life happes. I will do my best to update as much as possible though.

This is for a cut...that being said it may have to be cut short now, i have to go to my orthopedic surgeon for to further evaluate a prior pectoral rupture. Unfortunately i have been having some pain along the insertion point of the tendon. Hopefully it is nothing serious and i can continue, otherwise might be out of the game for a few weeks.

Quick update on the cycle.

So far, i am loving it, just about the end of week 2. Even though my carb intake is pretty low right now i am still holding muscle while dropping fat. No crazy results or anything yet though.

Sides: only one...libido drop...not good...

I am thinking about changing up some things in my PCT, not sure though. I was considering dropping the Diesel Test/Lean FX and running DAA/Titanium/Erase any thoughts on this.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Damn, sorry to hear about your rupture causing this to get cut short. Let us know how you make out.

Also, as far as pct changes, that DAA/Titanium/Erase should prove very good and I definitely recommend giving that a try. Good luck.

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
I am running the exact same cycle at the moment. I was curiuos why you would run Nolva dose so high in PCT? I ran Proto before a few months ago at low dose but didn't really respond but I refuse to believe that IBE doesn't make a good product so I am running it again at a higher dose. Have you been able to find any blood work for this product? Side note- for what ever reason Anadraulic State GT monkeyed with my libido?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am running the exact same cycle at the moment. I was curiuos why you would run Nolva dose so high in PCT? I ran Proto before a few months ago at low dose but didn't really respond but I refuse to believe that IBE doesn't make a good product so I am running it again at a higher dose. Have you been able to find any blood work for this product? Side note- for what ever reason Anadraulic State GT monkeyed with my libido?
PCT looks ok to me, but here are my thoughts on it...

1- Nolva has been shown to be a human carcinogen, therefore I would stick with Clomid therapy. You (orig poster) could stick to 20/20/20/20 nolva, with 1 week of Clomid 100 or 50mg daily.

2- A cycle being either a bulk or cut is solely based on diet during the cycle, and amomatase use

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
Being that this is such a mild compound was why I was asking I have Nolva on hand and I am going to run TRS with mine. If I don't have to use the Nolva would be fine with me that was why I was asking from what I gathered from my first run with this is that it is very mild and when I have asked others they said the TRS would be fine by itself. Its hard to find a lot of info on this.

JThaR3ason

Awards
Alright, so definitely issues with the ligaments in my pec, so gotta call it quits pretty early on this one. Really sucks, but life always seems to throw a curve ball now and then. Just gotta get better than ill be back in the game. PCT now is going to be extremely mild, clomid: 100mg week 1, 50mg week 2 with Diesel Test HC as test booster. Thanks for reading this while it lasted. Sorry i couldnt keep it going longer. Once im back in the saddle will let yall know! I will still be training just to maintain while i am recovering. I have plenty of rehab in the upcoming weeks.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Alright, so definitely issues with the ligaments in my pec, so gotta call it quits pretty early on this one. Really sucks, but life always seems to throw a curve ball now and then. Just gotta get better than ill be back in the game. PCT now is going to be extremely mild, clomid: 100mg week 1, 50mg week 2 with Diesel Test HC as test booster. Thanks for reading this while it lasted. Sorry i couldnt keep it going longer. Once im back in the saddle will let yall know! I will still be training just to maintain while i am recovering. I have plenty of rehab in the upcoming weeks.
That bites, hope you heal quickly!!

JThaR3ason

Awards
To be honest i never run a PH/DS without a SERM regardless if it is completely neccessary or not, rather be safe than sorry. I dont need a set of man \o/\o/. Also if you recently ran proto I probably wouldnt be running a second cycle of it so close. As far as ASGT goes i never noticed any libido changes, if it is still bothering you try LIT-UP from app nut, looks like an awesome product even has some DAA in it. How far into the proto cycle are you?

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
The last cycle I ran ended in August so I think I should be alright. Thanks for the insight and I hope your recovery is quick and easy.