Post Your Bulking Tips Here

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
1) Premade food. Get 5 tupperware containers. On sunday, cook up a bunch of white rice, hamburger and tomato sauce. Add peppers spices whatever. Keep them stored in the fridge and take one per day to work or school. All set for the week.

2) GVT. German atheletes in the 70s used this program in the off-season. It was such a successful bulking program that many of them went up a weight class by the next year. It's loosely based around 10 sets of 10, for one exercise each muscle group. It can (and should) be cycled with a strength based program such as 5x5.

3) Protein shakes. Although whole food is preferable, between meals I will consume 30-40g of protein via shake to meet my daily requirements.

4) Water. Drink lots of water and keep your gastrointestinal system functioning properly due to the increased calorie consumption.

5) Casein. Drink a slow digesting protein to keep your body in an anabolic state.

6) All-in-one products. Just like your diet, 'think big'. A product like Ragnarok or Horsepower is great because they have a ton of stuff in them to feed your muscles. They cover alot of bases.

7) Boosting appetite. Try Ginseng, Black Hole from Controlled Labs or Grub-On from Anabolic Innovations. These products will make you hungry.

8) Test boosters. Increase your anabolic drive, appetite, strength and rest with a product such as ZMA, Powerfull or Blue Up. With increased calories and compound training principals, your test will already be high. These will only aid in your quest for growth.

9) Rest. I don't care how you do it, but you need to sleep. I personally take a 1-2 hour long nap almost every other day (I have to wake up early and therefor fit my Z's in whenever I can. Get enough sleep to grow, increase your GH and energy levels. Sleep is VERY important.

10) Big. Think, Eat, Train, Sleep, Drink big.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Homemade MRP's if you're on the good. Training with intensity.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Meal plan and adjustments to meet goals. Rest is gravy.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
:sick: god how could he let himself look that bad?
He maybe has a different perspective on bulking from me and you. He said he loves those krispy kreme's, maybe he got addicted to them LOL.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
nice tips Renegades!

I would say:

1. Drink alot of milk
2. Do NOT remove yolks from eggs
3. Peanutbutter is your friend
4. Musclemilk has casiens and fats in it, utilize protiens of the sort.

Last but not least (This is mostly if your a hardgainer)

5. On off days, I took WheyProtienIsolate (WPI) and mixed 1g of protien per 1lbs. of bodyweight. with water and placed into a Gallon Jug (Old milk gallon) to be drank continuously throughout the off day.. I did this from 145lbs to about 172lbs
(Roughly 150g of protein per gallon)

Again these tips incorporate more fats, I was 135 throughout highschool and even the first 3 years of college.. I was benching 225 as a Junior in colllege, I just looked like i was anorexic..(wasn't growing in size, only strength) Took me until I began drinking the protein gallon and drinking massive quantities of milk to put on some 20lbs.:clean:

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
On off days, I took WheyProtienIsolate (WPI) and mixed 1g of protien per 1lbs. of bodyweight. with water and placed into a Gallon Jug (Old milk gallon) to be drank continuously throughout the off day.. I did this from 145lbs to about 172lbs
(Roughly 150g of protein per gallon)
Very nice tips MPFit. There was a recent study that demonstrated that sipping protein throughout the day was better for growth than taking the same quantity concentrated into one or two feedings. So it turns out you knew what you were doing and now you have the muscle to show for it. Way to go bro!

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
Very nice tips MPFit. There was a recent study that demonstrated that sipping protein throughout the day was better for growth than taking the same quantity concentrated into one or two feedings. So it turns out you knew what you were doing and now you have the muscle to show for it. Way to go bro!
awesome.. I knew i was on to something :thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DO NOT EAT BIG! Instead, eat frequent. And stop getting your panties in a bunch about pre/post workout nutrition. A lotta people (especially beginners) tend to focus too much on this, and not enough on the rest of their day.

Your body, whether in an anabolic state or a catabolic state (believe it or not), is continuously building new muscle. It doesn't stop an hour after your workout and it sure as **** doesn't stop when you go to bed.

Muscle tissue, however is about 1/5th as calorie dense as Adipose. Ever wonder why it's so hard to build muscle when it takes so few calories to put on a pound (approx. 600 Calories)? There's other agents limiting your protein turnover rate (PTOR).

Think of calories converting into muscle like a cup with a little hole in the bottom. If you dump a tpm water (calories) in the cup at once, it will overflow, the water will spill over the sides (calories stored as fat), and the cup will eventually drain out. If you pour in small, steady bits at a time, the cup won't overflow.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DO NOT EAT BIG! Instead, eat frequent. And stop getting your panties in a bunch about pre/post workout nutrition. A lotta people (especially beginners) tend to focus too much on this, and not enough on the rest of their day.

Your body, whether in an anabolic state or a catabolic state (believe it or not), is continuously building new muscle. It doesn't stop an hour after your workout and it sure as **** doesn't stop when you go to bed.

Muscle tissue, however is about 1/5th as calorie dense as Adipose. Ever wonder why it's so hard to build muscle when it takes so few calories to put on a pound (approx. 600 Calories)? There's other agents limiting your protein turnover rate (PTOR).

Think of calories converting into muscle like a cup with a little hole in the bottom. If you dump a tpm water (calories) in the cup at once, it will overflow, the water will spill over the sides (calories stored as fat), and the cup will eventually drain out. If you pour in small, steady bits at a time, the cup won't overflow.
:thumbsup:

Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I make a mid morning shake with a ton of whey, EVOO, and now I have just added Avant Research's supercarb. I just try to sip on this throughout the morning while at work.

james55555

james55555

Awards
think eggs and grits for breakfast,tuna and rice for lunchand protien shakes eaten with peanut butter throughtout day.also make sure to get natural peanut butter,not peanut butter that's been processed

tattoopierced1

Olive oils and such are your friend and a good way to get in some good fats and extra calories.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fat free cheeses. I buy a Wegman's Fat Free Cream Cheese and a Skim Mozzarella that are welcome calories. Obviously, I fit them into my macros, and you have to watch them as they are somewhat high in Sodium, however, they are calorie dense foods that taste awesome.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great tips guys, keep them coming!

Fish oil / healthy fats like tattoopeirced suggested!

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Fer sure. I was haveing a problem after I'd eat my meal of about 40-50gr protein, 60-70gr carbs and 10-15gr fat. The thing was I felt so full and bloated after eating but was starving about 45-60min later. I was eating every 2-3 hours, so I changed my meals to 25/40/5 and now i eat about every hour. It's kinda a pain getting in 8-10meals but I never get that starving hunger pain and Im never that sick full. All my gains apear to be pretty lean thus far also.

onelife

onelife

Awards
The most important in my opinion... unless your a super hard gainer: keep up with your damn cardio!!!!!!!!!!

JToolz

Awards
Homemade Gainer paid dividends for me on my trip from 161 to my current 190 over the past year or so.

2 cups milk
2 scoops whey
1/2 cup oats (grinded)
1/2 cup Dreyers Slow churned ice cream
1 tbs Natty Peanut Butter

Blend and drink. Around 900 calories, 84 protein, 98 carb, 24 fat. About a 40/40/20. Anyway worked me and still is.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
1. do not over train
2. 1 tps cider vinigar before protein shakes

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sadly, this hasn't been said:

Always eat at least 3-4 servings of produce even while bulking.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Travis

Travis

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I may be wrong but I thought vinegar reduces the GI of a meal or something like that???

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember hearing about that. I never delved too much into it, though.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a huge thread over at M&M about the myriad uses of vinegar. It helps as glucose disposal agent, detox the liver, clear out lipids in the intestines, etc.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a huge thread over at M&M about the myriad uses of vinegar. It helps as glucose disposal agent, detox the liver, clear out lipids in the intestines, etc.
wow,got a link??

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
It increases HCL production to allow for better food digestion/absorption. We eat far too many base foods that raise your ph. Gotta keep the guts healthy.

I like a TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of Ice water, makes for a thirst quenching drink.

X

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
It increases HCL production to allow for better food digestion/absorption. We eat far too many base foods that raise your ph. Gotta keep the guts healthy.

I like a TBSP of Apple Cider Vinegar in a glass of Ice water, makes for a thirst quenching drink.

X
you got it i take it to increase my stomach acid helps increase absorption,

quigley

Awards
  • Established
take it slowly, dont sacrifice health for fast gains.

Eat plenty of fruit and veg, take a multi and fish oils and a milk thistle or liver detoxant.

Drink plenty distilled or alkaline water if possible, and dont go overboard on the wheat and dairy.

Every 2-3 weeks have a 1-2 days fruit veg fast...my experience is that if you eat enough fruit/veg in these days you wont lose any lean mass, but it gives your body a break to clean out the toxicity which comes with heavy training and eating.

At least 4 cups of veg a day and 2 fruits a day.

Get plenty of rest, and as has been mentioned, have a glass of water and apple cider vinegar before meals.

If you do these things in conjunction with your bulk, you'll feel the better for it!

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Drink plenty distilled or alkaline water if possible, and dont go overboard on the wheat and dairy.
Alkaline or Distilled Water? What's your reasoning? Most of the foods we consume essentially neutralize our stomach acids, thats why the posts about adding vinegar to your diet.

X

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Alkaline or Distilled Water? What's your reasoning? Most of the foods we consume essentially neutralize our stomach acids, thats why the posts about adding vinegar to your diet.

X
meat, dairy, wheat, rice, (a good proportion of bulking foods) are acidic in digestion (if not pre-digestion), meaning when the enzymes break them down for absorption, the resulting reaction is acidic. Alkaline or distilled water removes toxins/acid from the water, and some machines charge the water with negative ions of free oxygen molecules, and aside from being purer water (than the dead tap water most ppl drink) it also helps neutralise the toxins and acids from the breakdown of acidic foods like meat and rice and dairy and wheat.

So basically its just better for general health to have pure water entering your body rather than dead tap water filled with acid and toxic residues and heavy metal traces

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Actually, meat, dairy, wheat, rice, (a good proportion of bulking foods) are acidic in digestion (if not pre-digestion), meaning when the enzymes break them down for absorption, the resulting reaction is acidic. Alkaline or distilled water removes toxins/acid from the water, and some machines charge the water with negative ions of free oxygen molecules, and aside from being purer water (than the dead tap water most ppl drink) it also helps neutralise the toxins and acids from the breakdown of acidic foods like meat and rice and dairy and wheat.

So basically its just better for general health to have pure water entering your body rather than dead tap water filled with acid and toxic residues and heavy metal traces
Dairy is acidic?

Who drinks tap water? Ugh.

X

quigley

Awards
  • Established
at least thats wat a naturopath thaught me :p Im sure she could explain it a whole lot better...basically there is a list of the pH of foods once digested, and vegetables etc are on the high end (basic/alkaline) and meats, dairy etc on the low end (acidic)...it can be very surprising. for example lemons are very alkalizing, despite the fact that their acidic before it enters the stomach...the digestive reaction of lemon is very alkalizing, as is the same for apple cider vinegar :p

with the acidicty/alkalinity...its not whether a food is acidic or alkaline in its pre-digested form im talking about, but after digestion, which is what affects the body... so dairy is alkaline before digestion, but very, very acidic to the body after.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
http://www.trans4mind.com/nutrition/pH.html

that page explains what im doing a bad job of explaining haha
That site seems a little :fool2: ...

Lemon Juice, Cayenne Peppers, and Vinegar all stimulate production of HCL which aids in digestion(and stimulates hunger).

What the end result of meat/milk is post digestion, I don't know.

Most people with lower levels/base stomach acids have frequent heartburn, IBS, acid reflux, etc. and take antacids (more base) worsening the problem. until they get on the 'little purple pill'...

X

LaGrange26

LaGrange26

Awards
I started to eat oatmeal ... instead of the protien shakes i make 3-4 shakes of milk oatmeal bananas and blue berrys a day and only one or 2 protien shakes and I have seen amazign gains in just 3 weeks. I read it on here and it really works wonders for me. Right now im not taking ne sups and I just have a diet and take in those shakes and Im seeign a solid 1.5 pound gains a week !

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
I disagree about not eating big on a bulk. Eating frequently gets people lean, it doesn't get them big. Eating big meals is a better way of bulking. It's simply impractical to eat 6 or more times per day, especially if you're trying to consume real food. The only way you can realistically do that is if the meals are pretty small. That's why frequent eating is tailor-made for fat loss diets.

Are you guys buying ground beef for your "hamburger"? I'm just trying to visualize this. I assume you're not actually referring to burger patties. You fry it on the stove, and then you add in unflavored tomato sauce (from a can) and serve over rice. Is this correct, RR?

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I disagree about not eating big on a bulk. Eating frequently gets people lean, it doesn't get them big. Eating big meals is a better way of bulking. It's simply impractical to eat 6 or more times per day, especially if you're trying to consume real food. The only way you can realistically do that is if the meals are pretty small. That's why frequent eating is tailor-made for fat loss diets.

Are you guys buying ground beef for your "hamburger"? I'm just trying to visualize this. I assume you're not actually referring to burger patties. You fry it on the stove, and then you add in unflavored tomato sauce (from a can) and serve over rice. Is this correct, RR?

I just buy the 5# tubes of 73% lean ground beef. It has markers on the outside if you wanted to cut patties, but I just snip off the end, and squeeze it into a pan to cook up/rinse. I can then use that cooked ground beef in most anything.