The Tuna Shake: Man up and drink it!!!

easymac

easymac

Awards
Anyone ever make tuna shakes. I know it probably makes you gag just thinking about it. I just read some crazy recipes and decided to try one.

1 can of starkist chunk light
1 scoop substance wpi
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1/2 cup of milk

next one i am gonna try:

1 can solid white tuna in water,drained
2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
dash of hot sauce

Definitely tastes funky and will take some getting used to but i stay pretty busy so any time can put whole food in a blender i say hells yeah.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established

sounds pretty nasty bro. does it all blend up smooth? or are you chewing and drinking?

easymac

easymac

Awards
It actually blended up really smooth. It didnt really want to blend at first but i let it keep going and it eventually blended up real nice. I choked when i took the first sip because i could still smell the tuna but its really not as terrible as you would think.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
dash of hot sauce
i think this one might be alright, the hot sauce and v8 might help cover up the tuna.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone ever make tuna shakes. I know it probably makes you gag just thinking about it. I just read some crazy recipes and decided to try one.

1 scoop substance wpi
1/2 cup of milk

next one i am gonna try:

2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
dash of hot sauce

Definitely tastes funky and will take some getting used to but i stay pretty busy so any time can put whole food in a blender i say hells yeah.
thats fukcin gross!!!.......

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
might be worth trying with steamed tilapia, since it has no taste

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats disgusting as hell. I don't need protein THAT bad..:sick:

ksa

Awards
  • Established
i eat everything as long as it makes me bigger too.

but i eat in a way that makes my other senses satisfied as

well. Not by chewing some rancid-like shake.

easymac

easymac

Awards
Its honestly not that bad. Taste weird, but nothing i couldnt get used to.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's effing awesome. I don't think I could ever do it, though. Bleh.

RossiRossi

RossiRossi

Awards
Awsome post!

'If it was easy everyone would do it'

I love doing sh!t like this, shows dedication and manlynes. Good to see im not the only one willing to sacrifice lifes plesantrys. Man up!:bruce1:

nelix

Awards
  • Established
If it actually had any advantage over just drinking a shake while eating my tuna with a fork. I'd do it. But it seems pointless... What's the point of this? Just use 2 scoops of protein?

easymac

easymac

Awards
Awsome post!

'If it was easy everyone would do it'

I love doing sh!t like this, shows dedication and manlynes. Good to see im not the only one willing to sacrifice lifes plesantrys. Man up!:bruce1:
Word!!!

easymac

easymac

Awards
If it actually had any advantage over just drinking a shake while eating my tuna with a fork. I'd do it. But it seems pointless... What's the point of this? Just use 2 scoops of protein?

No point other than to finally get rid of the 30 cans of tuna in my cabinet and i dont enjoy eating tuna so this is a quick way to just get it over with. Dont question the shake damit, lol :trout:

In Hulk

In Hulk

Awards
I tried a tuna shake "recipe" once. It consisted of one can of tuna, and water.

It was disgusting, it had a nice foamy film at the top. Ugh, it was bad.

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
I go with 12-14oz of lemon-lime gatorade + 2 cans of tuna blended....goes down faster than eating it with a fork....good for those that dont enjoy tuna or dont want to take the time to make it "yummy"--plus its really quick.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established

1 scoop substance wpi
1/2 cup of milk

next one i am gonna try:

2 1/2 cups V-8 juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
dash of hot sauce

:blink: :dump:

Flexo

Awards
..... Yeah, that shake idea sounds pretty unpractical... :blink:

soma

soma

Awards
  • Established
impractical?

yeah...but not really...especially when time is a concern and you have had too much whey, etc already. Not very tasty....but quick and not that much worse (tastes better to me-less fishy) than tuna straight out of the can. Who here eats for taste anyway ;) ....if that was the case then we'd all be eating ho ho's and donuts....

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Hey dude, that's why they invented protein powders (j/k) :D I just don't find it necessary considering the alternative protein sources available to us.

easymac

easymac

Awards
Hey dude, that's why they invented protein powders (j/k) :D I just don't find it necessary considering the alternative protein sources available to us.
Haha, dont lie to me. What is this other protein you speak of?

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
the second shake you talk about with the tomato juice sounds good it just sounds like a grinded up meal sounds nice!

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
Dave Pulumbo recommends the tuna+apple juice shakes

has anyone tried this? if so how did it taste?

NAS

NAS

Awards
dudes I drink these all the time, every day actually. my tuna shake completly hides the tast of tuna being as how I dont really like the taste.
1 can tuna
1 bannana
1 scp protein
1/4 cup dry oats
1-2 tbs peanut butter
5g glutamine
add orange juice to get desired consistancy
great post workout shake:food:

king1033

king1033

Awards
  • Established
have tuna every day cant be that good for you.... Mercury

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
I tried oatmeal in my shake once, almost threw up and dumped the shake out. Was like drinking vomit. Banana or PB only!

HARDtotheCORE

Awards
I thought I was the only one that put tuna in the blender!! The recipe I used I got out of ALR's book, chemical muscle enhancement...

2 cans tuna
1 scoop chocolate whey protein
1 can diet coke

blend and enjoy. I'd be lying if i said i didnt gag every time i drink it.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Why the hell would you want to gag everytime you drank it!!! I did that to prolabs protein when I first started lifting, I HATED IT!!!!!

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
No point other than to finally get rid of the 30 cans of tuna in my cabinet and i dont enjoy eating tuna so this is a quick way to just get it over with. Dont question the shake damit, lol :trout:
30 cans of tuna would prolly last me about 10 days. People at work won't even lunch with me anymore because they can't stand the smell. It's a clever defense against having to hear about their damn fukcing kids!:twisted:

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
dudes I drink these all the time, every day actually. my tuna shake completly hides the tast of tuna being as how I dont really like the taste.
1 can tuna
1 bannana
1 scp protein
1/4 cup dry oats
1-2 tbs peanut butter
5g glutamine
add orange juice to get desired consistancy
great post workout shake:food:
That minus the tuna and + a few tbls unflavored yogurt is the shiznit.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being able to chug down disgusting recipies in a blender doesn't make you more manly. Sure we don't eat for taste for the most part, but the healthy food I eat tastes "good" to me. I don't think the more disgusting your diet is, is any reflection of how healthy that diet is.

Nothing against this tuna shake, but it seems a bit unecessary. What ever floats your boat... or your muscle, or whatever.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Being able to chug down disgusting recipies in a blender doesn't make you more manly. Sure we don't eat for taste for the most part, but the healthy food I eat tastes "good" to me. I don't think the more disgusting your diet is, is any reflection of how healthy that diet is.

Nothing against this tuna shake, but it seems a bit unecessary. What ever floats your boat... or your muscle, or whatever.
I agree. I'm not a very picky eater at all, but If I dislike something I just won't eat it. Why torture yourself when there are several other ways to "skin a cat."