From 164-189 Pounds

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.57%

Smile From 164-189 Pounds

Hi guys Aaron from Australia here, just thought i would share with you my last 3 months of training. I have gone from 74.5kg or 164 pounds to 86kg or 189 pounds. At 36 years of age i didnt think i would have too many bulking phases left as i had not trained for over 2.5 years but began again on June 15 this year. I did not have much of a plan just gain weight buy made sure i ate good quality foods and i love my steak. I have only supplemented with ON gold standard whey which i have 3 times a day on training days and 2 on non training. The last 2 weeks i felt like i hit a plateau so i added 2 whole eggs to each shake and went up 2.5 kg or 5.1 pounds. My main meals consist of.
    Breakfast i have 5 weet bix and a shake. My shake has 1 scoop of ON and 2 whole eggs and 300 mill of lactose free low fat milk.
    I snack on dried apricots, dates and crackers with cheese and raisans or bananas.
    Lunch is whatever i want usualy a meat pie or baked beans on toast.
    Tea is Rib fillet steak or sirloin with a baked spud, spag bog or lamb cutlets with vegetables.
    I usualy drink say 3-4 cups of coffee a day as well.
    Last thing i have at night is a shake.
    Other supps i have had are a mens multi vitamin and fish oil tabs. I also had Methyl 1-D for 2 weeks which worked realy well.
    I train 4 times a week and do all the compound moves. Nothing realy special and my job involves a lot of walking so thats my cardio.
    I now plan to clean up the diet a bit and add some more quality supps while concentrating on improving all my lifts.
    In general i have trained off and on for 16 years but this is my heaviest weight and i am at my strongest. I may post some photos yet. Train to eat' eat to train is my moto. I dont fuss over what ratio of carbs and protein i have i just know that any protein must come from a good source. I also look in the mirror and decide where to try and improve. Some days i may eat 10 bananas or have 4 cans of tuna. What i pay most attention to is what i have after training. I have a Shake at the end of my work out and 60 minutes later i always have rib fillet steak and vegetables regardless of what time of day it is. First thing i do in the morning is have a chilled glass of water.
    I hope this is of a benefit to any one who can use any of my methods, it isnt rocket science.
    AZZA

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.38%

Hard work and nutrition my man. Just wait till you hit the 200lbs mark, you will feel huuuge! i remember a few years ago that was my goal, i was around your weight when i started as well. Congrats and it shows hard work pays off@
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.57%

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
    Hard work and nutrition my man. Just wait till you hit the 200lbs mark, you will feel huuuge! i remember a few years ago that was my goal, i was around your weight when i started as well. Congrats and it shows hard work pays off@
    Thanks sure shot, my main aim of showing writing the thread was that i only used basic supplementation. I havent even done any creatine loading. I hope to hit 200 in another 4-6 weeks which i am on track for. I also hope to become a tester and try some new products that will keep the gains coming. Becoming a tester is harder than it seems.
    AZZA:dl:
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Thumbs up Excellent!

Great Job!It just goes to show how an excellent diet will
    result in excellent gains.Hopefully people will learn from this post.I know I have.Could you post your routine?
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.57%

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    Great Job!It just goes to show how an excellent diet will
    result in excellent gains.Hopefully people will learn from this post.I know I have.Could you post your routine?
    Mondays Chest 3 sets incline bench, 3 sets flat dumbell bench, 3 sets of chest fly machine, 2 sets of dumbell pullovers. 6 calf sets
    Tuesday Quads 3 sets of squats either free or smith machine.
    7 sets of leg press, 3 sets of leg extensions.
    Wednesday Arms, 3 sets of dips, 3 sets of close grip bench, 4 sets of push downs using 3 diff atbar tachments eg rope,v bar and straight bar. Barbell curls using E-Z bar, seated incline curls and one arm machine curls. 9 sets total.
    Thusday Back & Hams. 5 sets of deadlifts, 3 sets seated rows, 3 sets pull downs to the front, 3 sets single arm rows, 4 sets seated ham extension, 3 sets of single ham raise's 6 calf sets.
    Friday Shoulders 3 sets dumbell side raises, 4 sets of military press with smith machine, 2 sets of front raises using a 44 pound plate. 4 shrug sets using either barbell, trap machine or dumbells.
    Weekend off. As i have said some weeks you might want to do more and some weeks have a extra day off. I have tried to address all the things i did in previous weight training that have NOT worked for me. Thats why i have a arm day and dont train shoulders after chest. I feel you miss the shoulder workout if you train chest first but you must have the most time between them as they are pressing movements.
    I have tried to structure the push/pull into work outs eg back followed by shoulders next day. For triceps i have incorparated the mass exercises and shape if you use the attatchments that gyms have for tricep push down's.
    For bi's its the same again with a mass exercise and a lenghten and peak exercise. As far as reps go it is usualy 12,10,8,6 or 5x5. I just mix it up. I hit my failure on most weeks on the last sets i do. I do minimal ab work and lower back as some exercises hit these parts anyway. I try and 1) increase weight or reps each week.
    Hope this helps anyone.
    AZZA
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.57%

And also try this Fail on weight or Fail on reps for failure sets. Thats exhaustion.
    AZZA
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Finally someone on this site speaking in KG's!! i started at about 73kgs (i was 16) @ 6'2 and now sit around 105kgs. You're right, its is rather simple and as long as u have those basics down pat the rest will follow. Keep it up my man!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lost 21 pounds from injury .. Help
    By flamini in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 09:20 AM
  2. Pounding headaches on 1st week of PCT...from Clomid?
    By slapshot444 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 08:10 PM
  3. Test prop from synovex
    By skazzel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 06:59 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 11:51 PM
  5. Progress from 123 to 189 for one year
    By VITOS in forum Pics
    Replies: 27