Looking for Supplements

EzE

EzE

Awards
I'm looking for a supplement right now that will put on some pounds of muscle, but i really dont' want to spend a whole lot of money. I'm 16 and i weigh about 165, and about 7% body fat. One supplement i was looking into was Endothil-CR, and if any one knows if it is a good product let me know and if you have any other suggestions on things that would be good to take please let me know.

zarro84

zarro84

Awards
:burg:

Seriously you are young and skinny. The only supplements you should be taking is Vitamin F. It's the one vitamin that most people seem to forget about when you are bulking. Vitamin F stands for FOOD!!! Eat a lot, most 90% clean and work on your strength and the size will come.

If you need summary it goes like this. Eat a lot, lift heavy stuff.

Chemist2234

Chemist2234

Awards
your 16.. lift hard and eat mass amounts of food. the only supps i would recommend for you is protein and some form of creatine. keep at it and you'll get big.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Other than food (which is the main thing you should focus on), I would suggest a good multi vitamin/mineral and protein powder. I understand that school takes up a lot of time that could be used eating, so buy a fruit flavored whey and mix up about 45 grams of that and drink it slowly throughout the day.

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
And keep a container of mixed nuts in your locker/back pack. Walnuts, almonds, peanuts, etc. All good cals.

Shoot for around 170g of protein & 3000 calories a day. You'll blow up.

EzE

EzE

Awards
Thanks for the suggestions. I have taken up on eating alot, sleeping,and i am still lifting hard. I am also on GNC's 100% whey protein and i'm thinking about getting the Mega Men's Multivitamin.

zarro84

zarro84

Awards
There are much better proteins out there, espically for the price.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein powder, Creatine, Multi-V, Lots of food. If you're as lean as you say you are then put on the feed bag and hit those weights! Good luck.

EzE

EzE

Awards
Ok thanks i will. Zarro about the other protein powders do you have any other suggestions on what type to buy?

EzE

EzE

Awards

That's me, you said something about if i was as lean as i say i was so i figured i throw a pic in here.

zarro84

zarro84

Awards
The sponsors on this board sell a lot of high quality protein powder. I know a lot of people like the anabolic innovations whey isolate. Nutraplanet sells all kind of stuff. Just make sure you get a good whey powder. You'd probably be wise in picking up a casein powder like Sustain, EvoPro or something from black star labs etc.

EzE

EzE

Awards
Hey about another protein powder............does anyone know if Nitro-Tech Hardcore is any good.....or would be good for me?

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Hey about another protein powder............does anyone know if Nitro-Tech Hardcore is any good.....or would be good for me?
It would be fine, but it's incredibly overpriced. It's just whey protein w/ added creatine.

You would do a lot better to get some Optimum Whey & Scivation Creaform for example. Get a lot more product for the money that way.

Annabolic Innovation whey has lots of fans around here too. They have some killer flavors for a good price.

f18jock

f18jock

Awards
EzE,
Good luck on your bulk. I wish I had the foresight when I was 16 to look for info on putting weight on the right way. You definately found the right place to gain knowledge. The fellas on AM are a gold mine of info.

To pick up on what everyone else has told you so far, eat eat eat, and when you think you have had enough cals, have another meal. You know youre eating enough when your folks start fussing at you that you're eating them out of house and home, jk.

But seriously, open a fit day account and start tracking your cals. Shoot for at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, probably closer to 1.5 gram/lb. Make sure the carbs youre getting are quality carbs, and dont neglect getting plenty of healty fats.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

EzE

EzE

Awards
Ok, thanks man I appreciate that. I'm doin alright so far, the eating part is hard for me, just like i thought it would be. I just dont seem to have enought time to be eating all the time. I wake up on weekdays, go to school, then i have a little time to lift after i get home, but then i go to work. But I picked up on Rodja's advice and i've been mixing protein shakes and drinking it throughout the day. But i am still eating alot and i will keep my progress posted.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something that is usually neglected is eating enough carbs throughout the day. I used to think that protein was the only thing that I should worry about, but I struggled to gain mass. Once I added in more carbs into my diet (about 2-2.5g/lb), I gained mass at a consistent clip. If you want a powdered low GI carb source, then look into SuperCarb by Avant Labs.

M

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Ok, thanks man I appreciate that. I'm doin alright so far, the eating part is hard for me, just like i thought it would be. I just dont seem to have enought time to be eating all the time. I wake up on weekdays, go to school, then i have a little time to lift after i get home, but then i go to work. But I picked up on Rodja's advice and i've been mixing protein shakes and drinking it throughout the day. But i am still eating alot and i will keep my progress posted.
You'll get used to it. You'll find ways to simplify it and make things more convenient for you (and more enjoyable). Protein & total calories are by far the biggest things you should be working on (most of us, probably).

Have a quick meal before school(eat it on the way there if you need to), keep some decent convenient high cal snacks in your locker & backpack. Try to eat a big lunch, have a little snack and some protein powder/gatorade during your workout, another shake afterwards, shower & eat supper. Then eat again after work. That's tons of food man. Keep it up, it gets easier.

EzE

EzE

Awards
Rodja, I have a question about the amount of carbs that i should be taking in. What would be an appropriate amount?

EzE

EzE

Awards
O and something else i need to ask. When i lift, it should be heavier weights lower reps right? and if it is then how many reps should be in my set?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eating clean and reasonable I wouldn't think 300-350 carbs would be too much with someone as lean as you. Slowly ramp up to that though. Add 50 extra carbs after several days of eating so you don't cause any abdominal discomfort.

My personal selection of protein from my experience is

Anabolic Innovations Peanut butter/banana flavor

ALR Vanilla flavor

Optimum Nutrition's Vanilla icecream or Double Chocolate flavor

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All good tips. Getting good fats here eating at the caf in the college is harder than I though; then never seem to have almonds or healthy nuts. Most of the fat is in the oil in the main dishes, but they do have lots of cottage cheese, hardboiled eggs ( for the whites mostly) and tuna here :D

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eating clean and reasonable I wouldn't think 300-350 carbs would be too much with someone as lean as you. Slowly ramp up to that though. Add 50 extra carbs after several days of eating so you don't cause any abdominal discomfort.

My personal selection of protein from my experience is

Anabolic Innovations Peanut butter/banana flavor

ALR Vanilla flavor

Optimum Nutrition's Vanilla icecream or Double Chocolate flavor
oh god! i wish i could trade some peanutbutter banana whey isolate. I cant stand the taste, taste like neither of the two, to bad i have 5lbs to go thru'