postworkout carbs at night - AnabolicMinds.com

postworkout carbs at night

1. New Member
    Answers

postworkout carbs at night

Ok I work a 7-5 job then workout at 6 p.m. finish at 7:15 P.M. Should I still be taking in a high amount(80-100) of carbs postworkout even if its in the evening or should I take a lower amount of carbs(50-60).

2. Registered User
    Answers

well that really depends on how large you are .. but i only take in 50g of carbs (from oats) immediately post workout .. and do that regardless of what time i work out

3. Registered User
    Answers

Remember your metabolism will be higher than normal for that time because you just finished a workout. Keep to complex carbs like oats as glen said.

•   

4. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Answers

i train at night as well but much later to avoid crowds. ill get done around 11:00 pm and be in bed at 1:30 am. i always have a large sweet potatoe PWO with my protein and this works for me (35-50g carbs).

5. Registered User
    Answers

I workout in the evenings too and I've taken in 40 g of dextrose post-workout during contest prep, and even rice after that on my refeed days, and it didn't hinder my fat loss in any way. Your body needs carbs immediately post-workout and you'll benefit from an insulin spike regardless of the time of day. Immediately pwo I'd take in simple carbs, then some complex carbs another 45 minutes to an hour later.

6. Registered User
    Answers

I workout in the evenings too and I've taken in 40 g of dextrose post-workout during contest prep, and even rice after that on my refeed days, and it didn't hinder my fat loss in any way. Your body needs carbs immediately post-workout and you'll benefit from an insulin spike regardless of the time of day. Immediately pwo I'd take in simple carbs, then some complex carbs another 45 minutes to an hour later.

7. New Member
    Answers

So its not really necessary to take like a high amount(80-100) of carbs PWO then. Do you follow a protein/carb ratio like 1:2 or 1:3 for PWO?

8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jon1026
    So its not really necessary to take like a high amount(80-100) of carbs PWO then. Do you follow a protein/carb ratio like 1:2 or 1:3 for PWO?
    You don't need a huge amount of carbs in one shot. The reality is that your entire body only stores somewhere around 500 grams of glycogen total and a relatively small amount of that is actually depleted during intense weight training. My approach to carbs is as follows, I take in 12-20 grams of carbs + 30 g of protein pre-workout, I sip a shake of 20 g dextrose + 20 g whey during my workout, I have a pwo shake containing 30 g whey + 40 g dextrose, and then about 45 minutes later, I eat 40 g of carbs and 30 g of protein from whole food. I would do this regardless of what time of day I worked out and this is plenty of carbs to fully replenish what you deplete during your workout and then some.

9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

I'll do a balls to the wall 1/2 high intensity volume/ HIT that takes 45 minutes followed by 20 minutes of high intensity cardio and I drink 60 grams whey afterwards with 100 grams of carbs from white rice and about 20-30 minutes later I'll have a small piece of chicken or tuna, a sweet potato, and a small serving of nuts. Works well for me.

10. Banned
    Answers

x-plode.xl. works awsome for me, it is a easy and good way to add high grade carb intake, beside your fat carb intake from alot of foods.

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iron poodle
    x-plode.xl. works awsome for me, it is a easy and good way to add high grade carb intake, beside your fat carb intake from alot of foods.
    What makes powder so much higher grade than good foods? What do you mean by 'fat carb' intake? I kinda see some logic that you're working towards, but I don't necessarily agree that you are getting a better quality carb if it's powder as opposed to whole foods. Then again, to each his own, right?

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carbs at night
    By Andresz7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 10:21 AM
  2. When to actually STOP eating carbs at night?
    By jumpshot903 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 01:25 PM
  3. No carbs at night?
    By Fear in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 07:19 AM
  4. help with carb cravings at night
    By arizonanewbie in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 03:54 PM
  5. Taking M-1-T at night