Question about Lean Mass gains during week

  1. New Member
    Fun2Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    3.42%

    Question about Lean Mass gains during week


    Just curious about how much lean mass could I expect to gain during a week, I understand its hard to say because everyone is different but I was just curious about what i can expect. I weigh 217 and have a really slow metabolism and im doing about 4000 calories a day. About 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% or so fat, making sure I eat every 2-3 hours. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

  2. New Member
    TenMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    174
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.57%

    Weigh yourself at the sametime in the same clothing once per week. Diet is really a trial and error thing; you have to experiment and find what works well for you. Also take measurements and use the mirror as a scale, instead of the actual weight scale. If you notice too much of an increase in body weight and your belt size you're probably adding more fat than you'd like.
  3. constant recomp
    Skircus7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    651
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fun2Train
    Just curious about how much lean mass could I expect to gain during a week, I understand its hard to say because everyone is different but I was just curious about what i can expect. I weigh 217 and have a really slow metabolism and im doing about 4000 calories a day. About 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% or so fat, making sure I eat every 2-3 hours. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

    studies show that you can (USUALLY) only gain .25-1 lb of "lean mass" per week.....people have different genetics, but any more than 1lb per week will probably be fat gains.izza:
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    2189
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    46.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Skircus7
    studies show that you can (USUALLY) only gain .25-1 lb of "lean mass" per week.....people have different genetics, but any more than 1lb per week will probably be fat gains.izza:
    could be water, glycogen, ect...
  5. constant recomp
    Skircus7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    651
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    12.12%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    could be water, glycogen, ect...
    yeah, but you know what i mean. Only 1lb or less will be actual mucscle ........but you are right. The first week or two you will gain water weight from the extra carbs.
  6. New Member
    TenMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    174
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.57%

    Quote Originally Posted by Skircus7
    yeah, but you know what i mean. Only 1lb or less will be actual mucscle ........but you are right. The first week or two you will gain water weight from the extra carbs.
    Another reason to use measurements w/ a tape and looking in the mirror instead of the scale.
  7. New Member
    Fun2Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    36
    Posts
    107
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    3.42%

    thanks everyone for the great info, very much appreciated.
  8. New Member
    TenMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    174
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.57%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fun2Train
    thanks everyone for the great info, very much appreciated.
    One more thing I thought of... this is just from personal experience... try gradually introducing more calories in your diet, as opposed to all at once. Give your body time to adjust to what you're doing to it.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Simple Question about lean gains
    By bkoguy07 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 04:22 PM
  2. Question about Ultimate Mass Pump Stack
    By hoog16 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 10:55 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 05:51 PM
  4. Lean Mass with a week break Cycle...
    By feelingfizzy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 10:58 PM
  5. 1-AD or M4OHN for lean mass gain after cutting
    By mickjagger in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in