Opinions on diet
- 11-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Opinions on diet
Stats. 74.5" tall 238 lbs about 17%bf
I have a job where I pretty much sit around for 11 hours a day and go sometimes (twice a week) without eating for 5 or more hours.
Morning: .5 cup oats, 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 5 pieces turkey bacon
Snacks: 1 chicken breast, .75 cup raw brocoli, .25 cup of walnuts (raw) I have 3 of these spaced out threw the day
Lunch: Salad .25 cup milled flax seed 3 tbsp olive oil chicken breast
Dinner: Pretty sensible lean meat with veggies sometimes fish
Usually add more carbs to my meals on my days off. No particular amount just seems to happen that way. As far as the above I have been eating very close to that for the past year. I have gained some strength but I still don't feel like I am any where close to where I want to be. Rotating shift work screws my schedule up hard core though.
- 11-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Not enough carbs IMO for bulking. You have the .5 cup of oats in the AM and some carbs from the flax.
Guesstimate for calories needed for bulking = 18 to 20 x BW = roughly 4500 kcals. Aim for 40% carbs (1800 cals or 450g of carbs).
- 11-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Nitrox
Add 1/2 cup of oats to every meal... now you're talking.
Detour Oatmeal bars are great for those periods when you're not able to eat a real meal. 30g protein (mostly whey), 58g carbs (mostly oats), and 12g fat. Plus they actually taste damn good.
Similar Forum Threads
- By kldd22 in forum Weight LossReplies: 8Last Post: 12-18-2008, 08:20 PM
- By machinehead23 in forum Weight LossReplies: 16Last Post: 05-06-2006, 04:41 PM
- By Brfish in forum Weight LossReplies: 9Last Post: 01-27-2006, 10:18 AM
- By Mr.50 in forum Weight LossReplies: 11Last Post: 10-06-2005, 09:39 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum Weight LossReplies: 28Last Post: 12-02-2002, 01:12 AM