Bulking, but also taking a break in-between.

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.61%

Bulking, but also taking a break in-between.

I've been bulking for about 3 months now and have just jumped into a 34 waist (was in a 32)... Started at 178 (5'8")with an ergo max cycle for 4 weeks... Took about a month off and have been on JW and creatine for 5 weeks... I'm now at 192lbs. I want to continue bulking through out the winter but I got a little concerned about my waist size..... My question is.... During a 6-8 month bulk cycle is it a good idea to diet down for a couple weeks to dry up some added fat? Then start up again? My idea is going from my 3,500 cal diet down to about 2,500-3000 cals a day for a couple weeks, then jump back in again. I would really like to end my bulk cycle with a pp/sd cycle in Feb/March.... Then get ready to cut for the Summer..... I have always used my waist size as a cut off tool. Maybe I should change my thoughts and not worry about my waist size right yet.

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i've personally given up "bulking and cutting" ... i strive to put on lean mass year round by eating slightly above maintaince with long low dosed cycles

i feel that when i "bulk" i don't get any more muscle then i'm getting now just more water and fat i have to get rid of
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.35%

Quote Originally Posted by glenihan
    i've personally given up "bulking and cutting" ... i strive to put on lean mass year round by eating slightly above maintaince with long low dosed cycles

i feel that when i "bulk" i don't get any more muscle then i'm getting now just more water and fat i have to get rid of
    i totally agree with you...i cycled on bulk/cut forever... now i only worry about a cut when or if everything gets out of hand or i have a really bad month due to injury or illness, lean bulk is the way to go
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplements to take in between DAA, Erase, and Alphamine
    By The Engineer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 05:32 PM
  2. What to take in between cycles?
    By Nate007 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-28-2012, 08:51 PM
  3. Bulking but want loose lil fat in belly
    By shotdead42 in forum Training Forum