post work-out nervous breakdown - AnabolicMinds.com

post work-out nervous breakdown

1. New Member

post work-out nervous breakdown

hey, I wish I had more time to ask what you guys think, but here it goes...
    I would probably consider myself endo mesomorph. I quit training for a whlie, and started up again 7 weeks ago. I am 5'11 and 7 weeks ago and weighed 197lbs, I have been on a rad diet and cut down to 185lbs. I consider myself a lean bulker and have been doing alot of reading.
    Since I am a lean bulker, I follow every workout by 20 mins of cardio on a treadmil with 130BPM.
    So I have been hearing alot of mixed things about post workout meals/drinks bla bla bla. What would you guys think is the best for me considering my body type and goals. I have heard a protein drink. then I heard you should eat right after. Then I heard of eating fruit with it, and then I heard you dont want carbs because it will cause a dramatic insulin spike. So I am just stuck. What I am currently doing is right after cardio, I take the ALRI protein, with half a bananna. Then go home and eat a lean beef hamburger, on 1 slice of wheat bread with lettace. would you say thats good, bad, Any suggestions?

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think what your doing is fine. I'm not an expert, but I know you do need carbs after working out, to replace your glycogen stores, and also to act as fuel for the body so that the protein can go to work rebuiling muscle, instead of being a fuel source.

I usually drink a protein/gainer shake after my workout, a fast absorbing protien and some simple carbs. About an hour after I will eat a small to large meal.

Keep it up, testing what works for you and reading up. Good luck.
  3. Banned

hey buryme, why don't you just give cardio it's own days?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.

Doing 20-30 minutes of cardio after your workout is fine. If you're truly looking to put on mass, I would recommend not doing cardio "everyday". Try cutting back to three times a week. As far as eating right after your workout, this is a good thing. I would recommend a smoothie or something of the like. If you're gym has a smoothie bar, that's the way to go. Your body will most likely not store fat after a solid training session and the simple carbs (sugars and such) will help your muscles to recover. Try and eat within 30 minutes of your workout. Don't worry about eating first thing when you get home if you had a shake at the gym. But, do try and eat every 2 to 3 waking hours. How's your diet looking throughout the day?
  5. Board Supporter

Ideally you should be eating throughout the day at intervals and/or calorie levels appropriate for your activity level at that time. So around your workout, eat slightly more calories or slightly more frequently. If you are doing this then the exact timing and content of your PWO meal becomes much less critical.

Compared to other foods, calorie for calorie, carbs raise insulin the most. That does not mean that carbs should be avoided - insulin also increases protein synthesis (ie muscle building); carbs + protein is your muscle builder macro stack. Really high insulin levels will lead to fat gain but this comes from eating too much food (carbs and all) for that interval.

I dont see a problem with those meals. Personally, I would include the whole banana, 2 pieces of bread, and adjust calories downward somewhere else...
  6. 314

i am some what of an endo mesomorph my self. I have 40g of whey and 10g bcaa 30.mins. pre, during, and finish whatever is left after last set. then i eat a balanced meal about 30-45 min. later.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeClark
    Doing 20-30 minutes of cardio after your workout is fine. If you're truly looking to put on mass, I would recommend not doing cardio "everyday". Try cutting back to three times a week. As far as eating right after your workout, this is a good thing. I would recommend a smoothie or something of the like. If you're gym has a smoothie bar, that's the way to go. Your body will most likely not store fat after a solid training session and the simple carbs (sugars and such) will help your muscles to recover. Try and eat within 30 minutes of your workout. Don't worry about eating first thing when you get home if you had a shake at the gym. But, do try and eat every 2 to 3 waking hours. How's your diet looking throughout the day?
    thanks for all the good tips, I eat every 2 hours. So I normally end up with between 7-8 meals a day. I only eat low glycemic carbs, I figure I get around 230g of carbs a day, and 200g of protein. my normal meal is pretty much this: I eat a few pieces of brocceli, then a whole wheat bread sandwich with turkey breast, and the mayo is the smart balance (with omega 3 & 6 fatty acids), I also put some romain lettace on it. That is probably about 3 of the meals I eat every day. I also drink a TON of water haha. any other suggestions?
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by 314
    i am some what of an endo mesomorph my self. I have 40g of whey and 10g bcaa 30.mins. pre, during, and finish whatever is left after last set. then i eat a balanced meal about 30-45 min. later.
    hm, that sounds really good. Just friday I ordered from anabolic innovations their excell, as well as the cookies. I am super excited. what do you eat for your balanced meal? would you say my 1 slice of wheat bread, and 85% lean hamburger beaf patty with lettace is good?
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox
    Ideally you should be eating throughout the day at intervals and/or calorie levels appropriate for your activity level at that time. So around your workout, eat slightly more calories or slightly more frequently. If you are doing this then the exact timing and content of your PWO meal becomes much less critical.

Compared to other foods, calorie for calorie, carbs raise insulin the most. That does not mean that carbs should be avoided - insulin also increases protein synthesis (ie muscle building); carbs + protein is your muscle builder macro stack. Really high insulin levels will lead to fat gain but this comes from eating too much food (carbs and all) for that interval.

I dont see a problem with those meals. Personally, I would include the whole banana, 2 pieces of bread, and adjust calories downward somewhere else...
    Hm, that sounds pretty good. so you are saying to do the banana 2 pieces of bread once I get home? I also just got carbo gain, that I heard is fast digesting carbs to add to my protein drink after I lift, what do you think of that?
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.

When I get to my PC later, I'll post my building diet for you guys.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.

And here it is. I wrote this when I was 170lbs. or so. It's only slight flaw is the South Beach Meal Replacement Bar as they use soy protein to make up the majority of their protein. I'm not a big fan of soy, but those bars sure are tasty. lol One day I'll phase them out and replace them with something better. But, this diet works well. You can count on that.

Just make sure that you're taking your supps. Multivitamin, BCAA's, etc.

Meal 1:

2 scoops of whey protein in 16oz. Of skim milk
    3 eggs cooked
    2 cups of oatmeal (cooked)

Meal 2:

1 South Beach Diet Meal Replacement Bar

Meal 3:

4oz. Chicken breast, or 4oz. Turkey breast
    4 pieces of 100% whole wheat bread
    1 cup of cooked brown rice

Meal 4:

1 large baked potato (plain)
    ¾ cup of fat-free cottage cheese

Meal 5 (Pre-workout):

2 scoops of whey protein in water (or meal replacement shake –more calories)

Meal 6:

8oz. Of Extra-lean ground beef
    2 cups of cooked broccoli
    2 large baked potatoes (plain)
    4 pieces of white bread

Meal 7 (Before bed):

2 scoops of whey protein in water
    1 cup of oatmeal (cooked)
    1 banana
  12. 314

for my post meal i normaly have:
    6-7 oz. of lean meat
    3/4 cup sweet potatos
    1 cup cooked broccoli
    1/2-1tbsp evoo
    I try to get less saturated fat with this meal cause i workout in the late afternoon; and don't want alot of sat. fat later at night, so i eat my fattier meats in the morning
  13. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by burymestanding
    Hm, that sounds pretty good. so you are saying to do the banana 2 pieces of bread once I get home? I also just got carbo gain, that I heard is fast digesting carbs to add to my protein drink after I lift, what do you think of that?
    I meant use a whole banana with the protein in your first PWO meal and up the bread to two slices in your second PWO meal. One slice of bread has about 15g of carbs; 30 grams in PWO meal for someone your size is not all that much...

Carbo Gain contains maltodextrin, a very high GI processed carb. Yes it is a 'complex' carb but that really doesnt mean it is good. Simple/complex is obsolete terminology IMO; go by the GI. Personally I recommend whole foods whenever possible since they are usually lower GI and can provide micronutrition as well: bananas, oatmeal, sweet potato, milk, whole grain breads and pastas, etc...
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox
    I meant use a whole banana with the protein in your first PWO meal and up the bread to two slices in your second PWO meal. One slice of bread has about 15g of carbs; 30 grams in PWO meal for someone your size is not all that much...

Carbo Gain contains maltodextrin, a very high GI processed carb. Yes it is a 'complex' carb but that really doesnt mean it is good. Simple/complex is obsolete terminology IMO; go by the GI. Personally I recommend whole foods whenever possible since they are usually lower GI and can provide micronutrition as well: bananas, oatmeal, sweet potato, milk, whole grain breads and pastas, etc...

That sounds perfect! the guy who recomended that to me also happens to be super ecto. He looks amazing, but for sure ecto, he even eats ice cream! thanks man, this is for sure what im going to start doing! you solved my prayer lol thanks!
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Bury,
    It's ok. I have post-WO breakdowns all the time.
    I want to cuddle with LakeMountD and Ubi...
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  203 lbs.

Hey 314, I work out in the late afternoon as well. There's not a whole lot of fat in that meal.

Similar Forum Threads

1. How do I use AP post work out?
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 03:01 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 09:23 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-17-2006, 03:08 AM
  4. Post-Work out Cocktail
    By DMW4EVA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 01:25 PM
  5. post work out therapy and prohormone ?
    By rbbm81 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2003, 08:54 PM