Am I maximizing my eating habits?

1. Registered User
    Answers

Am I maximizing my eating habits?

I am currently lean bulking, and I have been stuck at 192 lbs for a couple weeks. I am 6' 1'' around 8% bf. I usually can eat 5 meals no problem but getting the sixth one in takes a very consistent spacing of meals. Today I had 6 meals, and I hit 4500 calories. I want to hit 5000 cals a day, but I don't see how its possible. I have been stuffing my face all day and 6 meals seems to be the most I can fit in a day eating every 3 hours.
    My diet consists of eggs, oats, brown rice, bonless skinless chicken breast, tuna, whole wheat bread, cottage cheese, a little salsa here and there and a little mayo for the tuna.

Here is the breakdown for today's macros:
    4451 cals
    121g fat
    528 g carbs
    314 g protein

If you guys can help me out that woudl be great. I wanted to hit 200 by the end of summer, but right now I will be lucky to hit 195.

I am looking for some tips on eating more, or maybe a very good supplement to add into my diet to give me some quality calories.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Answers

its hard to say without seeing your actual meal breakdown. I bet by adding some tbsps of flax would help boost up your daily cals with little effort and the benefit of a great fat souce. Also maybe bump up your protein intake a bit (your at about 1.6 g compared to bodyweight~maybe bump it up to 1.8-2 g per lbs)

best bet is to post up your diet so its easier to give specific advice on where you could alter and add things to bump up your cals
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Swapping out the whole wheat bread for whole wheat bagels may be enough to get you there. Add a couple of Tbls of natural peanut butter or a little flax oil and you should be able to pick up that extra 500 Kcals.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Try adding a quality gainer if you just can't seem to get enough calories from your whole food meals. I use HDT's Solid Gains and the chocolate flavor is actually really good, especially with 16oz of milk.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I would exchange any milk you drink with whole milk. Also if you could have a small snack, maybe 150 kcals per snack, between each meal. You might want to try and add a little bit of simple sugars to your morning meal such as some brown sugar to your oatmeal. Also try this homemade weight gainer shake.

16 oz. whole milk
    2 scoops whey isolate
    1/2 cup plain yogurt
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup dry oats
    2 tblsp natural peanut butter

Blend it for a while and then drink it down.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SXULB52
    I would exchange any milk you drink with whole milk. Also if you could have a small snack, maybe 150 kcals per snack, between each meal. You might want to try and add a little bit of simple sugars to your morning meal such as some brown sugar to your oatmeal. Also try this homemade weight gainer shake.

16 oz. whole milk
    2 scoops whey isolate
    1/2 cup plain yogurt
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup dry oats
    2 tblsp natural peanut butter

Blend it for a while and then drink it down.
    Thank you very much, I will give it a try.

9 a.m. 2 c. oats
    4 whole eggs

12:00 p.m. 4 slices whole wheat bread
    5 oz. canned tuna
    1 tbsp mayo

3:00 same as last meal

6:00 8 oz. chicken breast
    2 c. brown rice
    1/4 c. shredded cheese

9:00 same as last meal

11:00 1 c. cottage cheese
    2 c. oats

Totals: 4500kcals
    121g fat
    528g carbs
    314 g protein
  7. Registered User
    Answers

yeah the whole wheat bagels I get 300cal a bagel vs 70cal a slice of whole wheat bread brown sugar or honey in your oatmeal. peanutbutter has a ton of calories in only 1-2 tablespoons
  8. Registered User
    Answers

The only thing I am worried about is consuming too many grams of fat. As you can see, my diet is already at the high end of fat consumption. I think I am going to start eating a couple snacks between meals. I am thinking about the pb as one snack, yogurt being another, and maybe pick up some bagels and use them instead of bread. I will have to see what the difference is in price, because I am a college student and I am thinking bagels cost a considerate amount more. I can get a loaf of whole wheat bread for $1.80, and that is for the good stuff.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

ahh yes bulking on a budget I feel you that is always an issue
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How badly am I depriving my delts by...
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
  2. Am i doing my bicep curls right???
    By vicaversa6922 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 09:46 AM
  3. Am I losing my mind?!?!
    By Throw2far in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 04:07 PM
  4. Changed my eating habits a little.
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 04:53 PM
  5. Somatotropin - Am I wasting my money?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 04:34 PM