Breakfast - AnabolicMinds.com

Breakfast

  1. New Member
    burymestanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    213

    Reputation

    Breakfast


    Is there ANYTHING else that is good to eat for breakfast BESIDES OATS and EGGS? I know its picky, but I really do hate OATS, and I always seem to run short on time for eggs. Any other fast and easy suggestions?

  2. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    whole wheat bread/bagel, some types of cereal (all bran would be best bet), and for protein you could use lean meats and chicen (even though I dont think you would want to eat this right after waking up)

    Alot of people will make shakes out of the ingredients (like combine oats, egg whites, protein powder, olive oil and other stuff and make a high cal shake or something they can cook so that they dont have to eat each individual item.

    Is your current breakfast just eggs and oats or is there other stuff in it as well?
  3. New Member
    theshocker21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    296

    Reputation

    I think leftover pizza would make a good breakfast.

    oh, with protein of course...
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    burymestanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    213

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    whole wheat bread/bagel, some types of cereal (all bran would be best bet), and for protein you could use lean meats and chicen (even though I dont think you would want to eat this right after waking up)

    Alot of people will make shakes out of the ingredients (like combine oats, egg whites, protein powder, olive oil and other stuff and make a high cal shake or something they can cook so that they dont have to eat each individual item.

    Is your current breakfast just eggs and oats or is there other stuff in it as well?



    thats already sounding alot better to me. My current breakfast sucks, I have a Cliff Bar and an energy drink lol
  5. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, if at all possible it would be greatly benficial to try to get the oats and eggs down (even shake form or the other things listed above) over the cliff bar and the energy drink lol
  6. New Member
    theshocker21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    296

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023
    breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, if at all possible it would be greatly benficial to try to get the oats and eggs down (even shake form or the other things listed above) over the cliff bar and the energy drink lol
    I have to ask. Did Bobo recommend the shake idea?
  7. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    no its just something anyone can do (and I just found it by looking at recipes and other peoples logs and such)

    I dont do it really anymore but its just personal preference nothing Bobo related
  8. New Member
    theshocker21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    296

    Reputation

    So wait, are you saying to drink the liquid egg whites raw?
  9. New Member
    phillyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    156

    Reputation

    I dunno if I would drink down egg whites raw from freshly cracked eggs. However I think I remember reading that you can safely drink Egg Beaters or Liquid Whites raw.

    This is how I eat my oats and eggs every morning. I put 1 cup oats and 1.5 cup water in a bowl and nuke it for 2 min 15 sec. Then I take 6 egg whites and add it to the bowl of oatmeal. Stir and nuke for 45 seconds. Do that 2 more times, more or less depending on how thick you like your oats and eggs. I basically like mine like concrete, and thoroughly enjoy putting some sugar free maple syrup in them to give them a little bit of a sweet taste.
  10. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2000

    Reputation

    naw dude put the egg whites in a blender, oats, and whey or what ever else you are eating for breakfast and mix it all together. THis will eliminate the need to eat every individual item and it ussually (depending n what you put in) will taste decent. Sometimes you can even make a like pancake out of it (need oats ussually)

    Its just a way to get around the individual items if you dont like them.

    EDIT**and yes I meant egg beaters when I said egg whites/eggs
  11. New Member
    theshocker21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    379
    Rep Power
    296

    Reputation

    Thats a really good idea. I think I will go get some oat flour to use instead. Seems like it would probably work out better. If I get sick from drinking egg whites I will let you guys know.
  12. New Member
    SHSUStudent's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  219 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    212

    Reputation

    I made my first batch of "protein pancakes" today and they are freaking awesome.

    Giant Protein Pancake

    It's a mixture of oats, cottage cheese, and egg whites basically. I added some peanut butter and lots of cinnamon to flavor um up. Spectacular.

    Have 6 more sittin in the fridge. Plan to nuke them in the mornings before I leave for class.
  13. New Member
    burymestanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    213

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SHSUStudent
    I made my first batch of "protein pancakes" today and they are freaking awesome.

    Giant Protein Pancake

    It's a mixture of oats, cottage cheese, and egg whites basically. I added some peanut butter and lots of cinnamon to flavor um up. Spectacular.

    Have 6 more sittin in the fridge. Plan to nuke them in the mornings before I leave for class.

    that sounds really good! Whoever thought that up is pretty creative
  14. New Member
    4thAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    3/4 cup oatmeal (never instant)
    35 grams whey protein
    1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
    1 whole banana
    1 small handfull strawberries (frozen are cheaper)
    1 cup lowfat strawberry bananna or vanilla yogurt (publix)
    1 egg (yoke and all, f**k it)
    3/4 cup milk
    handful of ice

    This turns out to be over 55 grams of good protein, great low glycemic and simple carb mix, and is just around 900 calories
    It is awesome right before bed, or after breakfast, or post workout

    Tip: always grind the oatmeal in the blender by itself first and then add the other ingredients
  15. New Member
    burymestanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    213

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thAD
    3/4 cup oatmeal (never instant)
    35 grams whey protein
    1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
    1 whole banana
    1 small handfull strawberries (frozen are cheaper)
    1 cup lowfat strawberry bananna or vanilla yogurt (publix)
    1 egg (yoke and all, f**k it)
    3/4 cup milk
    handful of ice

    This turns out to be over 55 grams of good protein, great low glycemic and simple carb mix, and is just around 900 calories
    It is awesome right before bed, or after breakfast, or post workout

    Tip: always grind the oatmeal in the blender by itself first and then add the other ingredients


    mmm, i think i could live off of this haha, thanks!
  16. Evo
    New Member
    Evo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    129

    Reputation

    I can eat oats better when they haven't been grinded,getting them out of the pack and putting them in a shaker and adding milk is what i do.
    Grinded oats make me heave!!
  17. New Member
    4thAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    Its a killer shake especially if you are bulking. I usually drink half now and half later. Its really good with choclate protien. You get the whole peanutbutter choclate effect! Also I usually add flax seed oil to it also!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What do you eat for breakfast?
    By 200wannabe in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 01:05 PM
  2. Critique my postworkout/breakfast shake
    By cookmic5 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 09:09 AM
  3. protein/fat for breakfast
    By bigpump in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-04-2003, 01:20 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 05:50 PM
  5. High Calorie breakfast for the "smaller guy"
    By Lifeguard in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 03:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in