Grape Juice + Creatine Post Workout

1. Banned
    Answers

Grape Juice + Creatine Post Workout

Does anyone use grape juice & creatine in their postworkout meal/shake? I usually throw creatine in my shake but i was wondering if anyone does the juice +creatine b/c i have heard alot of people that do it but form the looks of them it doesnt seem to be working well. Since all u guys are alot wiser then any human @ my gym i figured i'd see what u guys thought cause from what i've read here all that sugar is a little more prone to turn into some nice belly fat.

2. DS Board Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

The creatine/grape juice was the normal some years back. It is still effective, however supplementation has involved and companies now use other addiditive to get the insulin level spike that the grape joice provided. I have heard great feedback on Size On from Gaspari. Also I would go by the looks of others. Maybe their diet sucks, training etc.
  3. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by njmuscle66
    The creatine/grape juice was the normal some years back. It is still effective, however supplementation has involved and companies now use other addiditive to get the insulin level spike that the grape joice provided. I have heard great feedback on Size On from Gaspari. Also I would go by the looks of others. Maybe their diet sucks, training etc.
    Yea i've read a little bit on the stuff. Since it was new and pricey i was wating to hear some good news about it. I might have to give it a try but for $40 and only 30 servings is there another alternative to Size On.
    •   

4. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

i've done the grape juice and creatine in the past and it went well. I was just startin back up with weightlifting so it was cheaper at the time.
  5. Doctor Science
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Honestly bro I would keep to low GI carbs post workout. Although insulin is very anabolic and does open the cell membrane to allow nutrients to enter, you want a sustained release of insulin, not a huge spike followed by a sharp drop. In fact low GI carbs often times release slightly more insulin over time when viewing a curve (and test for AUC or area under curve).
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I say go for it. Grape juice does work as it is low in acidity, and helps with absorption. You can also have some gatorade instead, more convenient maybe?
  7. Banned
    Answers

Alright i did a coulpe weeks of the grape juice deal and i feel it worked faily well, but my CEE just came today so I think im oging to just throw it into my post-workout shake
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Excellent idea. If you use CEE and you're done with mono, you can almost cut the grape juice, as CEE is way better absorbed. Unless you want the carbs for insulin spike..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine Post Workout?
    By flaxbourton in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 09:46 PM
  2. What to mix creatine mono with? Grape Juice? Water?
    By philek9 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 10:45 PM
  3. Creatine and Post Workout Supplements BSN Cellmass
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 09:29 PM
  4. Post Workout: creatine or protein first?
    By illgixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
  5. Orange Juice + Whey Post Workout
    By reidhoch in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 04:32 PM