K for your MASS adivce....

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Long story short:
thanks boys for your help...coming off a massive cut/anorexic/scared of losing abs, mentality........6'2, 172lbs right now...about 9% bf....cardio was 7x a week, now it's ONE.....which is a start.....training 6 days a week....havent strayed from this diet:

Planned Diet:

20 minutes run/walk with dog at 5:00am around neghborhood to get blood flowing and allow dog to urinate on neighbors yards.

6:00am
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1/3 cup rolled oats (sometimes switch to Oat bran)
1 cup egg whites
1/2 scoop protein with 1/2 cup carb less skim milk
20 blueberries and a few blackberries in oats.........HEAVEN

9:00
250g (1/2 small tub) dry curd cc - 45g pro
10 peanuts, 10 almonds
sf jello and fiber one sprinkled on top
green tea

noon
6-8 oz lean beef and chicken
LARGE salad with veggies
6oz yam

3pm
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop whey
tea

500pm train

630 - ww pita, cup egg whites

casein shake
couple spoon full dry curd with sf jello
10-20 almonds, walnuts, peanuts

immidiately after = bed.
too much so close to bed?

any other advice?

tattoopierced1

i'd eat more at breakfast. also, throw in some whole eggs since you are wanting to bulk, they arent going to hurt you. throw in some omega 3's too. I'd also move your 3pm meal closer to 5pm when you train, try eating it about 45 minutes before you train so you have energy and nutrients before lifting. you should also have something post workout (dont know how long you lift). But you should include whey protein in your post workout schedule

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
thanks bro.......man, my breakfast feels huge...I thought Id need more cals AFTER training, but I go to bed early! what If I start a virtago/whey shake around 6 or 1/2 through my w/o, then have a some toast and egg whites when I get home 45 minutes later........THEN a peanuts or almond casein shake 1 hour after that and crash? Decent? You drink a shake during?

tattoopierced1

I actually hired Bobo to help out with nutrition and it opens up a whole new world to dieting. That really isnt alot of food you are eating compared to what Bobo has me eating at the present time, so just increase the amount you are eating gradually and build up to how much food you can stand...you arent going to be able to consume a bunch of food in just one day, it may take a week or two to get used to it, but just keep at it and you'll do fine.

MadMas

Work Horse
Awards
Dont train 6x/week. 4-5x/week is what you need.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
I actually hired Bobo to help out with nutrition and it opens up a whole new world to dieting. That really isnt alot of food you are eating compared to what Bobo has me eating at the present time, so just increase the amount you are eating gradually and build up to how much food you can stand...you arent going to be able to consume a bunch of food in just one day, it may take a week or two to get used to it, but just keep at it and you'll do fine.
SO let me hire you....whats your diet like? Keep in mind, Im lean now, want to stay pretty lean and sit ALL DAY...not sure I need all the cals......

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
SO let me hire you....whats your diet like? Keep in mind, Im lean now, want to stay pretty lean and sit ALL DAY...not sure I need all the cals......
If you're on your ass all day bro (like me), then definitely dont stop doing cardio. 7 days a week is too much. 1 day a week is not enough. Try 3 20minute sessions post workout per week, that will keep your cardiovascular system in shape and help keep the fat down.

Eating super-clean is your biggest factor here. Id also reckon working out in the AM and utilizing caloric/carb tapering would help even while bulking to minimize fat gain.

During my workout, I usually drink 40g of whey protien + BCAA's/Taurine and then an hour after I get home I'll have a solid meal.

BV

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
If you're on your ass all day bro (like me), then definitely dont stop doing cardio. 7 days a week is too much. 1 day a week is not enough. Try 3 20minute sessions post workout per week, that will keep your cardiovascular system in shape and help keep the fat down.

Eating super-clean is your biggest factor here. Id also reckon working out in the AM and utilizing caloric/carb tapering would help even while bulking to minimize fat gain.

During my workout, I usually drink 40g of whey protien + BCAA's/Taurine and then an hour after I get home I'll have a solid meal.

BV
cmon...overexxaggerating.....The pros sleep all day, I get up at least every hr.......eating clean is overrated. I'm clean 90% of the time, tis all you need. We need a cheat meal daily while we bulk to get it out of your system come spring.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
20 minutes run/walk with dog at 5:00am around neghborhood to get blood flowing and allow dog to urinate on neighbors yards.

1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 cup egg whites

10 peanuts, 10 almonds
green tea

noon
LARGE salad with veggies
6oz yam

3pm
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop whey
tea

500pm train
during shake or with 30 minutes left (30g carbs from kool-aid or virtago, 1 scoop whey) approx. 6:00pm - (THIS IS A GOOD IDEA??)

700pm oats and egg white or more whey

casein shake
20+ LARG HANDFUL almonds, walnuts, peanuts

THIS TOO MANY CALS BETWEEN 5PM AND 830 (BED???)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Looks well thought out man, although if you're bulking it almost looks like you wont be getting enough carbs -I think at your weight you want to work your way up to ~300g/day. That's just a quick guess though...

THIS TOO MANY CALS BETWEEN 5PM AND 830 (BED???)
It looks fine to me. IMO if your primary goal is to gain weight the timing isnt as important as just getting all the food in.

BV

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
So, the diet looks on point? Everyone else says too little cals....maybe I'll toss in a protein bar throughout the day, weekends = free for alls........anyone do a mid training shake?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I usually drink whey protien in water, or a sugar-free drink w/BCAA's during my workout.

One way to figure the daily cals you need to gain would be to take your bodyweight * 15 + 500, and then work your way up to that amount (rather than just jumping to 3200 calories).

Any idea what macronutrient ratios you're shooting for?

BV

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Prob. 40,40,20..........Ive always thought if you wanna be xxxlbs, you gotta eat like xxx.........I think my diet has been way too strict and way to clean...hell, I havent cheated in over 5 years......my gly. stores are prob. nill and I just feel tired a lot of the time.....think I need some dirty cals, I'm just so damn worried about losing the leaness....

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
So, the diet looks on point? Everyone else says too little cals....maybe I'll toss in a protein bar throughout the day, weekends = free for alls........anyone do a mid training shake?

It is too few cals if you are not gaining. Then again if you are gaining ALOT of fat it is too much.

There are general guidelines to follow but really it is an individual thing that we learn by trial and error.

So go with what you have and see what happens after 2 weeks and adjust it.

IMO the VERY best thing for you to do is hire Bobo. For $200 you will save yourself ALOT of time effort and aggravation. You say you have been eating clean for 5 years. But the results just don't show it. 173lbs at 6'2" and you are still 9% which to me is high considering how strict your diet is and how low your bodyweight is compared to your height.

I predict that if you were to hire Bobo you would make better gains in the next 6 months then you have in the past 2 years. Or 6 months from now you will still be confused as to what really is the way to go.

BTW you said "Let me hire you" I am guessing you are kidding as each person's need are individual.

My 2 cents.

CROWLER

CROWLER

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
It is too few cals if you are not gaining. Then again if you are gaining ALOT of fat it is too much.

There are general guidelines to follow but really it is an individual thing that we learn by trial and error.

So go with what you have and see what happens after 2 weeks and adjust it.

IMO the VERY best thing for you to do is hire Bobo. For $200 you will save yourself ALOT of time effort and aggravation. You say you have been eating clean for 5 years. But the results just don't show it. 173lbs at 6'2" and you are still 9% which to me is high considering how strict your diet is and how low your bodyweight is compared to your height.

I predict that if you were to hire Bobo you would make better gains in the next 6 months then you have in the past 2 years. Or 6 months from now you will still be confused as to what really is the way to go.

BTW you said "Let me hire you" I am guessing you are kidding as each person's need are individual.

My 2 cents.

CROWLER

CROWLER
give me a break.....just because I'm 9% right now, doesnt mean Ive been trying to add mass, therefor increasing cals. 9% is lean. My guess is that 95% underestimate their bf%.....arnold competed at 8%, if that means anything.....these dudes that say they are 6,7,8% are full of it...most!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Other than perhaps not
Again bro do you have any pics? If you're super ripped and dont mind getting a little fat then by all means eat in excess and cheat from time to time. You'll get big, no doubt!

Looking at your FitDay page (nice work tracking your diet, BTW) - you definitely need to eat more. Right now your mac ratios are at 16-35-50 and are about 700 cals below what they should be. Id at at least another 150g of carbs and maybe a tablespoon of flaxoil to start.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well you look damn ripped to me bro(Im jealous!!:))...cant hurt to eat a little more I guess:D

Having realized what a bitch cutting is (for me anyway), once that 6-pack comes in Im never lettin' it go:)

BV

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards

1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 cup egg whites

10 peanuts, 10 almonds
green tea

noon
LARGE salad with veggies
6oz yam

3pm
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop whey
tea

500pm train

630 - 1 scoop carb control celltech, 1 1/2 scoop whey, 4 rice cakes, 1 banana

casein shake with chocoalte milk!
couple spoon full dry curd cottage cheese with sf jello

immidiately after = bed.

any other advice?

made some changes to my last 2 meals....any thoughts? Might move the choc. milk to my PW shake....love to hear some advice.

I also may add in a PB on whole wheat and a myoplex carb sense protein bar throughout the day for added cals....LEAN CALS!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Long story short:
thanks boys for your help...coming off a massive cut/anorexic/scared of losing abs, mentality........6'2, 172lbs right now...about 9% bf....cardio was 7x a week, now it's ONE.....which is a start.....training 6 days a week....havent strayed from this diet:

Planned Diet:

1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 cup egg whites

10 peanuts, 10 almonds
green tea

noon
LARGE salad with veggies
6oz yam

3pm
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop whey
tea

500pm train

630 - ww pita, cup egg whites

casein shake

immidiately after = bed.

any other advice?
hmm...up 1lb down 1lb up 2 down 3lb......do I need to jack the cals? Maybe I need to go dirty!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You and you're dirty cals!! :D You're lean enough bro, pig out:woohoo: :clap2: :thumbsup:

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
hmmm...1.5 cups of oats is more like 80carbs......

how many peanuts in an ounce?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
sorry about that bro, its actually .75Cups dry. I entered the value into the 'Custom foods' wrong and havent changed it yet.

How many peanuts in an ounce? Im not sure but next time I measure Ill count 'em.

BV

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
what would you guess? I think you NEED the 1.5 cups......what's .75?? Damn bro....my girl eats more!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Scratch....you are cutting....my fault....but why, it's winter...BULK!

How does your bulking diet compare? I need about 4,000 more cals, but I'm so damn anal!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established

Scratch....you are cutting....my fault....but why, it's winter...BULK!
Bro I went on a 4 year bulkathon and went from 170lbs @ ~12%bf to 240lbs @ ~18%BF. Believe me, I am ready to be lean and stay that way:)

How does your bulking diet compare? I need about 4,000 more cals, but I'm so damn anal!
Im going to try something new when I go to get bigger again and go for a really lean bulk, never going above 10% BF if I can help it. I figure Ill probably be ~205 at 8%BF (which means Ive lost about 5-7lbs LBM during the cut, but that's my fault for not doing things right). Ill hold that 8% for a couple months, and then slowly work my way up from 3100 to ~3700cals/day at 40/40/20 over about 5 weeks or so. Ill adjust the diet accordingly as I need to in order to minimize fat gain/maximize lean mass accrual.

Im all for getting huge, but Ill never go on an all out bulk again. Im in my 30's now, and my primary goal is keeping as big and lean as possible, without sacrificing strength. Emphasis on the lean:)

BV

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
lincoln.prtg Nutrition / Health 11
akboom87 General Chat 19
p4pbeast Supplements 62
p4pbeast Supplements 0