New meal plan

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok, so gonna eat heavy beef for a while and see what difference it makes. 12lbs a week. I was originally gonna do grassfed beef, but with shipping I might not be able to go all grassfed all the time. I’ll use it sometimes, though. I totaled up my meals with MyFitnessPal. Couple options for chuck roast, giving wildly different macros.

and

Total calories aren’t too far off, but big difference in macro breakdown between the two specs of the beef. Obviously, those are rarely 100% accurate unless you’re talking 80/20 ground beef. The one total is obviously low in fat. My initial thought would be to split the difference, which would yield...

190C 106F 280P
2834 calories

Anyone have thoughts on this? Does this seem right?

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been upping my beef a lot lately but also add in boneless chicken thighs to change it up and keep the cost down. I must say I am really digging it, I feel fuller longer even on a cut and my body comp has been changing nicely.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Maybe add some fats to the breakfast shake to delay absorption. Creamy nut butter or thickened cream would work well

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe add some fats to the breakfast shake to delay absorption. Creamy nut butter or thickened cream would work well
The breakfast shake is my post workout shake. Need to figure out breakfast for days im not in the gym.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Yeah add just a bit of mixable fats :)

P

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
why t'f would he need to delay absorption.....unless he wants more calories..."delay absorption" lol....

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
why t'f would he need to delay absorption.....unless he wants more calories..."delay absorption" lol....
To extend the release of insulin

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I thought one would want fast absorbing after a workout, though?

And two days in, all the oats(which are not new in my diet) plus the two servings of quinoa each day, I think I may end up needing to get a new butthole installed!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I thought one would want fast absorbing after a workout, though?

And two days in, all the oats(which are not new in my diet) plus the two servings of quinoa each day, I think I may end up needing to get a new butthole installed!
Muscle takes several days to rebuild, not a matter of minutes
For long term health you want to stay away from the rapid insulin spikes. There is also the issue of increasing gut inflammation, however I don't really know enough about this and you'd have to look it up yourself

J

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I switched to basmati rice today, from the quinoa. Stomach was much less active today, so that was a lot more pleasant.

I had steroid injections done in my back this morning, and my appetite was absolutely unreal after that. Ate the full meal plan plus some extras today.

Interestingly, weight was up tonight. Been weighing all week, and it’s been a very consistent 209-211. Tonight was 214. Could be from having a few fewer bowel movements...

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I switched to basmati rice today, from the quinoa. Stomach was much less active today, so that was a lot more pleasant.

I had steroid injections done in my back this morning, and my appetite was absolutely unreal after that. Ate the full meal plan plus some extras today.

Interestingly, weight was up tonight. Been weighing all week, and it’s been a very consistent 209-211. Tonight was 214. Could be from having a few fewer bowel movements...
Corticosteroids increase water retention as well