HELP ME please

successonly

successonly

Awards
i’m 16 years old, 5”9 and 60kg

i’m personally looking to get bigger in muscle and just get bigger in general. But i’m not sure where to start or anything i don’t currently have any equipment but i’m waiting to see what i need to buy then i will. Just looking to get some advice on what routines to get started on etc

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
i’m 16 years old, 5”9 and 60kg

i’m personally looking to get bigger in muscle and just get bigger in general. But i’m not sure where to start or anything i don’t currently have any equipment but i’m waiting to see what i need to buy then i will. Just looking to get some advice on what routines to get started on etc
Literally any program done consistently at your age will yield good gains.. find something you like the look of or that fits the goals of what you want to achieve. Try to start tracking your food intake with an app like MyFitnessPal so you can see your intake and build from there.. eat big if you wanna get big.. lots of meat, fish, milk and eggs..

reulert

Awards
At your age you could train almost everyday atleast 6 days a week and recover fine and make nice gains. I would do a push/pull/leg split 6 days a week, you could even do just arms on the seventh day too.

You could eat a ton and probably not worry about gaining fat if you ate clean. Lots of red meat for protein and lots of rice, potatoes, and oats for carbs. avocados are good for fats. When I started working out at the age of 23 I ate oatmeal every morning and and a whole avocado everyday and gained about 15 pounds of muscle for the first year.

try to get a gym membership if you can.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Man I wish I’d started at 16.

I agree with the two posts above bro, you need to just train hard and eat big, at your age you’ll start stacking muscle on no problem.

Few tips:

- read everything, online forums, training mags/books etc, arm yourself with knowledge on how the body works, how it builds muscle as adaptation, what stimulus it needs.

- don’t ego lift/only train the glory muscles. Biggest mistake I see younger guys make, lifting weight with **** form because it’s too heavy and only really training chest and arms. Watch videos online to understand what good form is and make 90+ of your reps good (I believe every now and again you need to push the envelope and hit some higher weight with ugly form but as long as you know when your form has gone that’s cool, just make it the exception rather than the rule). Prioritise legs and compound lifts, the natural testosterone boost from this will take care of your arms etc

- learn about nutrition and get used to tracking food intake and eating well now. It’ll stand you in good stead down the line. Doesn’t mean you always have to eat ‘clean’ - just be aware of what you are eating and try to get 80%+ from good whole foods

Enjoy the process bro

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
1. Red meat
2. Increase your total calories by 5% for each week you do not gain weight

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Get started on a program like starting strength to get strong at your main lifts and then move in to a more advanced program.

Also iron out how to eat for your goals now while you are young. Age is in your advantage so eat a lot and often.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really good advice here man. Take notes.

Brian315

Awards
I second the starting strength program. BLS by mike Mathews is also great. I would actually recommend his book. Super easy read and it will give you a great base.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I was 16 I would practice perfect form on the big 3. I'd pause every rep on bench and id squat below paralell .
I'd sleep as much as possible and get used to no junk food lots of meat and veggies.
I would work with a weight on the big 3 untill 10 reps was easy then I'd add 5-10lbs.
So really you need a bench, Olympic barbell, weights. That only runs about 175-275$ used.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m actually training a 17 year old right now. He’s an ectomorph that started at about 140 pounds. Been coaching him on diet and mainly doing a modified 5x5 routine and he’s gaining at a nice steady pace. He’s at 165 now. 5x5 or another program that emphasizes the main compound lifts is always a good start. Drop your ego and learn form while doing this.

Country

Awards
Man I wish I’d started at 16.

I agree with the two posts above bro, you need to just train hard and eat big, at your age you’ll start stacking muscle on no problem.

Few tips:

- read everything, online forums, training mags/books etc, arm yourself with knowledge on how the body works, how it builds muscle as adaptation, what stimulus it needs.

- don’t ego lift/only train the glory muscles. Biggest mistake I see younger guys make, lifting weight with **** form because it’s too heavy and only really training chest and arms. Watch videos online to understand what good form is and make 90+ of your reps good (I believe every now and again you need to push the envelope and hit some higher weight with ugly form but as long as you know when your form has gone that’s cool, just make it the exception rather than the rule). Prioritise legs and compound lifts, the natural testosterone boost from this will take care of your arms etc

- learn about nutrition and get used to tracking food intake and eating well now. It’ll stand you in good stead down the line. Doesn’t mean you always have to eat ‘clean’ - just be aware of what you are eating and try to get 80%+ from good whole foods

Enjoy the process bro
Great advice