Coming off an injury but ready to bulk

Country

Awards
I was at 8k cals per day got hurt depressed foid intake dropped a lot a whole lot so was thinking of starting at 3500cals and add 500cals pervweek sound good?

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Add 5% to your caloric intake each week that you do not gain 1lb. If you gain 1lb, do not increase calories

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Do you want a clean bulk or you just looking to add mass?

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
I was at 8k cals per day got hurt depressed foid intake dropped a lot a whole lot so was thinking of starting at 3500cals and add 500cals pervweek sound good?
no you weren't....

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
8000cals per day!? Are you sure about that? I have so many questions....

What are your stats?
How were you tracking these 8k calories?
And how much weight were you gaining per week while eating 8k?
What type of injury did you sustain?
Are you able to train heavy after the injury?

If you are going from 8k to 3.5k, that's a 4,500 calories difference. Either you were gaining 5-6 pounds per week on your 8k bulk, or you're currently loosing 5-6 pounds per week due to your current "deficit". Something isn't adding up here....

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whether or not the 8k cals/ day is accurate, a good starting point is 3500. What I like to do is start around 3500 and weigh in at the end of the week. Then I bump it up by 500 (something as easy as P&J with milk) and go from there.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
8000cals per day!? Are you sure about that? I have so many questions....

What are your stats?
How were you tracking these 8k calories?
And how much weight were you gaining per week while eating 8k?
What type of injury did you sustain?
Are you able to train heavy after the injury?

If you are going from 8k to 3.5k, that's a 4,500 calories difference. Either you were gaining 5-6 pounds per week on your 8k bulk, or you're currently loosing 5-6 pounds per week due to your current "deficit". Something isn't adding up here....
I was eating that a few years ago, often going up to 9000kcal daily. I wasn't gaining weight. I think perhaps my digestive system can only absorb so many nutrients then after that nothing extra is getting absorbed. I'm gaining weight quite nicely on 2500 - 2750 kcal daily at the moment after sorting my diet out and eating only natural food

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I was eating that a few years ago, often going up to 9000kcal daily. I wasn't gaining weight. I think perhaps my digestive system can only absorb so many nutrients then after that nothing extra is getting absorbed. I'm gaining weight quite nicely on 2500 - 2750 kcal daily at the moment after sorting my diet out and eating only natural food
I'm jealous, haha. That's a ton of food! I'm glad you were able to find what works best for you with your intake. If you are gaining weight at 2500-2750 I would keep it there and slowly increase your body weight. Are you able to train hard since getting hurt?

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
Hmmmm. As of 6/20/18 this guy's got 37 posts and joined this month... he claims "8k' cals per day... foid intake (oh my G-wd!)... hmmmmm.. I got this! He's Roy "Big Country" Nelson the mixed-martial artist! It's a trick! And you all fell for it!

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I'm jealous, haha. That's a ton of food! I'm glad you were able to find what works best for you with your intake. If you are gaining weight at 2500-2750 I would keep it there and slowly increase your body weight. Are you able to train hard since getting hurt?
I've actually never been seriously hurt