Macros help please

1. Macros help please

I am 25 180cm 83kg I go to the gym 4 times a week I don’t do much cardio just weights my bmi is 25.5 want to gain muscle but lean out at the same time what are my macros ? What should I be eating in weight n calories and how often to eat I may just ring a ready made meal plan place once I know what my macros are n tell them what I need I’m sure there’s some one who can help thanks
    Last edited by cdonlitto; 03-04-2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Misatke

2. There’s no textbook answer to that question bro.

Everyone is different and people respond to different macro splits in different ways.

IMO you need to calculate your AMR (just google amr calculator), then set a calorie target.

Unless your new to training then you aren’t going to build muscle and lose fat at the same time (unless your also taking anabolics) so your best option is to lean bulk very slowly - I.e gain muscle with no/minimal fat gain. That would lower your bf percentage by virtue of math and you’d look a bit leaner.

To achieve that personally I’d run a calorie surplus of 200 Cals a day max. I personally respond better to lower carb higher protein, higher fat (something like 40% protein, 35 fat 25 carb) with most carbs consumed pre and post training.

You’d need to do the above and then see how things are progressing in the mirror and on the scale. At most you’ll be gaining 1-2 lbs a month so it requires huge discipline over a sustained period.

Good luck.
    •   

3. I agree with @Whisky on this. This is where experience and understanding what your body responds to the best when it comes to your training/diet is very important.

Iíll use myself for an example.

My diet fluctuates based on my goals. At the beginning of this year I set a goal that I want to compete in a powerlifting meet next year. I started this year leaner, yet weaker, than I had been in almost 10 years. So I are a high carb diet at 200-500 cals over maintenance. Now due to my body type Iím very carb sensitive and understood going into this I was going to add some fat eating this way. However I also understood that to attain the strength I need to achieve my overall goal, I needed to eat that way. I am eating that way in cycles throughout the year. Iím currently working on cutting some of the excess weight I added while maintaining my strength.

So it all depends on your goal. If you simply want the asthetic look so you can hit the beach this summer do what Whisky said. Get lean then figure out a way to add strength and size in a very clean manner. That way your can progress yet stay lean.

4. 2392 CALORIES PER DAY
    Carbohydrate
    266g
    Protein 183g
    Fat 66g

Sound any good ?

5. And yeah want to lower by body fat and then hit some test e when at 15ish percent been out of the gym for 6months and only trained for 2years previous to that so fairly new feeling weak atm
    •   

6. Well if you’re wanting to lean out your total calories probably puts you in a deficit which is good. Depending on how you process carbs you may need to cut down on carbs and substitute more fat in your diet to make up for the caloric needs. But again man that all depends on your body type and your training program.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cdonlitto View Post
    And yeah want to lower by body fat and then hit some test e when at 15ish percent been out of the gym for 6months and only trained for 2years previous to that so fairly new feeling weak atm
    Get nutrition in check and lift for a few years with a good diet before you start a cycle. If your diet sucks your cycle will suck and without a strong base you will lose most of it after pct for numerous reasons.
    -Chaos and Pain Rep -
    www.chaosandpain.com
    20% off = brice20 (Not my personal code - just there to hook up AM members)

8. Quote Originally Posted by cdonlitto View Post
    2392 CALORIES PER DAY
    Carbohydrate
    266g
    Protein 183g
    Fat 66g

Sound any good ?
    Personally I prefer higher protein (1,5g per lb bw) and fat but like above it’s how you process carbs (and how you feel on any given macro split).

Try that for a few months and monitor results, if it’s working then great, if not then try something different....

9. YOu want to recomp, it is very easy... Find your maintenance calories, pick 3-4 training days and have 20% over your maintenance calorie levels, I call those Build days. Then on the other days do 20% under maintenance and thosere are Burn days. If you want to lean up faster than only do 3 Build days, or only go over by 10-15% on 4 build days a week.

To make it even more effective remove the 20% from carbohydrates first on Burn days, and if it takes up all the carbs then just move on to fats after that.

This will help you recomp, and will make it pretty easy to make progress on both fronts. Now you will still only be focusing on fat loss on burn days and building muscle on build days so you will be in high efficiency for both goals on the days you have specified for them. Now to others and you will seem like you are building muscle and burning fat at the same time over a longer period of time but in reality you are being very specific with your goals, just each day and not for a month or 3 months at a time.

TRUST ME THIS WORKS!!!!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

10. Man, why didn't I start this again a month ago when I started the challenge. Oh I wasn't making any real plans. Now I am going to go set up my plan with this method again. I have used it the last 5 times I leaned up.
    Current Training Log -

11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Man, why didn't I start this again a month ago when I started the challenge. Oh I wasn't making any real plans. Now I am going to go set up my plan with this method again. I have used it the last 5 times I leaned up.
    Haha, I comment about wanting to see your A game and it’s prompted you to bring out the big guns......

12. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Haha, I comment about wanting to see your A game and it’s prompted you to bring out the big guns......
    Yeah, you may end up having me start an oral if you take off on me!!! I still need to start the 2IU of HGH a day but I need to get the water for it. I still can't believe it was given to me. Hopefully it helps the elbow recover.
    Current Training Log -

13. Quote Originally Posted by cdonlitto View Post
    I am 25 180cm 83kg I go to the gym 4 times a week I don’t do much cardio just weights my bmi is 25.5 want to gain muscle but lean out at the same time what are my macros ? What should I be eating in weight n calories and how often to eat I may just ring a ready made meal plan place once I know what my macros are n tell them what I need I’m sure there’s some one who can help thanks
    You are not going to be able to lose weight and gain lean mass at the same time. A deficit is needed for one while a surplus is needed for the other. Choose what you want to do and go from there.

As far as calories go, you need to figure out your maintenance calories. Look up TDEE Calculator online and figure it out. Even then, it will not be 100% accurate. Whatever the calculator says your maintenance calories are, I would eat that amount for a week and then weigh yourself and see if your weight goes up, down, or is unchanged.

Macros, a good starting point is 40/40/20 carbs/protein/fat. But that is personalized based off many factors.
    https://performaxlabs.com/
    Use Anthony25 on https://performaxlabs.com/ to save 25% on all products
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First Time FINA: help - please?
    By Deadlift76 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-20-2018, 03:17 PM
  2. A Little Help Please
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 04:21 PM