Quick Off-Day Question

jp21590

jp21590

Awards
  • First Up Vote
How do you guys approach an off day while bulking, macro wise? Are you eating at maintenance these days or are you still eating in a surplus?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you guys approach an off day while bulking, macro wise? Are you eating at maintenance these days or are you still eating in a surplus?
I still eat in a surplus, but a smaller one. Remember, your rest days are just as important, maybe even more so, than your training days. You rest days are the days when your body is growing and recovering.

Macro wise, I carb cycle so I consume no more than 100 grams of carbs and no starch. I make sure i hit my protein and then fill the rest with fats.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I still eat in a surplus, but a smaller one. Remember, your rest days are just as important, maybe even more so, than your training days. You rest days are the days when your body is growing and recovering.

Macro wise, I carb cycle so I consume no more than 100 grams of carbs and no starch. I make sure i hit my protein and then fill the rest with fats.
Yep exactly this. Good t nation article I read on it below for you

https://www.t-nation.com/training/turn-rest-days-into-growth-days

jp21590

jp21590

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for the response, much appreciated!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
For me personally I like to eat at maintenance on my rest days. Everyone will have a different answer and strategy with off days, but I will typically lower my carb intake and keep my protein and fat macros the same. This puts me at maintenance cals for the day and it helps me stay leaner during a bulk. Not saying this is the right way to approach it, but this is how I do it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go lower generally. The cns gets a break and it helps keep calories lower. You can always go up the next day

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone is different. You can eat less or you can eat maintenance or you can eat more.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I’m all out bulking, I don’t change a thing. I feast as often as I can.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I’m all out bulking, I don’t change a thing. I feast as often as I can.
whats your body fat like?

Bulking is old school. I did it from about 2002- 2015. Not a fan, too much body fat to drop. Since I started classic physique its still been a challange to lose bodyfat , just keeping leaner feels much better

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
whats your body fat like?

Bulking is old school. I did it from about 2002- 2015. Not a fan, too much body fat to drop. Since I started classic physique its still been a challange to lose bodyfat , just keeping leaner feels much better
What is the max body fat % you go to?