Bulking dense foods

Carlashy123

Awards
Hey people just out for a bit of advice am looking on gaining weight which I've struggled in in the past I'm only 9stone which is highly underweight for my age any recommendations high dense foods workout routine etc any advice would be great thank you

Slapoyjoe

Overnight oats. You can pack those away, and are great pre or post workout.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your best bet are fats (peanut butter/avocados etc) and liquid calories (whole milk/gainer shakes etc).

White potatoes are also supringsly calorie dense and healthy.

I’d also suggest you need to limit your intake of fiberous veg (I’d eat more fruit instead) to help you eat more.

I’m suggesting things completely opposite to what I do by the way as personally I find it relatively easy to get the calories I need in. But your situation calls for a different approach.....

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey people just out for a bit of advice am looking on gaining weight which I've struggled in in the past I'm only 9stone which is highly underweight for my age any recommendations high dense foods workout routine etc any advice would be great thank you
Workout routine, I would focus on a PPL routine.

For dense foods, look into the following:

Protein - chicken thighs with or without skin, fatty fish, full fat yogurt, fatty cuts of beef. Essentially anything skin or higher in fat.

Carbs - Pasta and oatmeal are higher calorie options.

Fats - add fats to your diet. They will not fill you up and the calories will add up.

Make your own protein shake. Use protein powder, full fat milk, oatmeal, and peanut butter. The calories will add up.