Thoughts on Intermittent fasting BULKING

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are everyone’s thoughts on IF Bulking. Works great for losing fat, but can it work bulking?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is just an eating schedule. It will not provide any additional benefits versus eating in a larger window. The one issue you may have, especially if bulking with a lot of calories, is being bloated in your eating window. Personally, 3,000+ calories in a 6-8 hour window would not sit well in my stomach.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plus I’m super busy with my life in evenings. Kids sports and all that stuff.... Better leave the fasting for dieting....

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Plus I’m super busy with my life in evenings. Kids sports and all that stuff.... Better leave the fasting for dieting....
I've done it before when bulking and recomping ( fits my schedule really well as a college student). It is possible but as already stated be ready for a massive bloat/ sick feeling after first meal lol. Sometimes it was hard to get the calories in. I had to pound shakes (milkshakes), cookies, and stuff like that because I couldn't take the volume of broccoli and chicken. So if your a "healthy eater" in that way, good luck. But ya totally doable and actually super fun when you pound a 3000 Cal meal haha

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've done it before when bulking and recomping ( fits my schedule really well as a college student). It is possible but as already stated be ready for a massive bloat/ sick feeling after first meal lol. Sometimes it was hard to get the calories in. I had to pound shakes (milkshakes), cookies, and stuff like that because I couldn't take the volume of broccoli and chicken. So if your a "healthy eater" in that way, good luck. But ya totally doable and actually super fun when you pound a 3000 Cal meal haha
Yeah, I’d love to go on a binge fest like that every night. But I’m trying to eat clean food at least 85% of the meals. Maybe one weekend day a week let lose a bit.

Do any of you guys ever just use the fasting model during cutting?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I’d love to go on a binge fest like that every night. But I’m trying to eat clean food at least 85% of the meals. Maybe one weekend day a week let lose a bit.

Nope. It doesn't work for my schedule.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established

no such thing as clean or dirty foods. food labeling can easily develop an ED. everything in moderation. hit your micros and macros with whatever foods you want while maintaining your caloric goal.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a such thing as healthy and unhealthy foods. When I say clean I am referring to healthy foods....

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
So if a Twinkie is considered unhealthy....how come in a study/ test done where a man eating primary only twinkies as a source of calories and nutrition was able to lose body fat, decrease ldl and increase hdl, drop his triglycerides and cholesterol levels and improve body composition is a complete BS experiment? I eat the same things regardless of whether I’m bulking or cutting. Yes there are more optimal ways to do it, but labeling a food healthy or unhealthy is very subjective. The only thing that will differ is your micronutrients. But saying I’m going to eat skin on chicken and rice with 25 fat, 60 carb, and 50 protein, is no different than saying I’m going to eat an “unhealthy” labeled pizza with the same macros. Clean and dirty bulks are generally referred to the surplus you put your body in, not the specificity of the food.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude. I’m saying that there are healthy foods and there are unhealthy foods. Are you debating that?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So if a Twinkie is considered unhealthy....how come in a study/ test done where a man eating primary only twinkies as a source of calories and nutrition was able to lose body fat, decrease ldl and increase hdl, drop his triglycerides and cholesterol levels and improve body composition is a complete BS experiment? I eat the same things regardless of whether I’m bulking or cutting. Yes there are more optimal ways to do it, but labeling a food healthy or unhealthy is very subjective. The only thing that will differ is your micronutrients. But saying I’m going to eat skin on chicken and rice with 25 fat, 60 carb, and 50 protein, is no different than saying I’m going to eat an “unhealthy” labeled pizza with the same macros. Clean and dirty bulks are generally referred to the surplus you put your body in, not the specificity of the food.
Link to said study? Also, what was he eating before? Going from 8000 calories of ice cream and lard to 2000 calories of Twinkies is still an improvement, and “healthier,” but it’s still by no means healthy. Macros are certainly a primary focus, but micronutrients shouldn’t be entirely neglected.

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are getting very confused due to you extreme IIFYM dogmatic position.... You jumped the gun here bud. I’m basically saying because I eat healthy foods, it’s hard to get 3000 cals in during an eating window

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you want to get your calories from Burger King and twinkies. Go for it.... I choose to eat healthy food options.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The difference between a bulk and cut is a what several hundred calories, doing IF on either isn't going to materially change the outcome of either...

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good point. Thanks guys. Decision made.

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
I follow IF diet, but now I have last 2 weeks of my HST cycle and I decided to up the calories and drop IF for these 2 weeks because I just can't eat enough in that feeding window

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It seems everyone forgets about adding fat to increase "clean" calories... add 57 grams of fats for almost 500 calorie increase to the diet and you are done... You have room for 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil or add an avocado and some cheese. It is really very simple and barely increases the volume of food you need to consume while also being considered a healthy option...

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are everyone’s thoughts on IF Bulking. Works great for losing fat, but can it work bulking?
Im currently 11 days into my new bulk and i incorporate IF. I eat my last meal at 8pm and then fast all the way to 2 oclock the next day. I have pushed it even further than that just if the hunger isnt thier. Im currently on 3200 calories. Peope say your gonna struggle to get that food/calories in. Not me i can eat that in a sitting lol My weight has increased slightly in the 11 days. I find this the best method for me when bulking. I spend alot of time prepping meals etc if im having 2 meals in that 5-6 hour eating window it makes it very flexible with choice. I do eat clean 90% of my diet though. So go for whatever suits you. All that matters is a daily calories/surplus and you will still gain muscle