Bulk or cut????

BlueberyJones

Awards
I’m currently bulking and have put on some good mass over the winter but I’m running into the problem of thinking about summer and can’t decide if I want cut and get shredded or keep bulking. My primary goal is building muscle so the obvious answer would be to bulk but I don’t want to add to much fat and be unhappy with myself and I don’t want to cut and be shredded but not look very big. Can someone tell me how to post pics from your phone so y’all can help me decide? Lol

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
What's your current stats for us to provide you with more info.

BlueberyJones

Awards
What's your current stats for us to provide you with more info.
22 years old
5’8
186-190 lbs
16 inch arms
25 inch quads
15 inch calves
44-44.5 inch chest I can’t remember
And I would guess 12-15% bf I can see my top 4 abs and the tops barely of 5 and 6

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I would lean bulk from where you are now until you reach desired goal as fat as mass gain is concerned, i tend to keep bulking until abs are almost completely gone and then cut harsh for an 8-10 week period, if you want to keep bulking i feel you are lean enough based on image to keep packing on more muscle. i would keep bulking for another couple of months, summer is still a while away and you have plenty of time to get shredded, where i am over in the UK it is quite cold so i always smooth over during the winter months and then start dieting in around april-may through to september.

BlueberyJones

Awards
I would lean bulk from where you are now until you reach desired goal as fat as mass gain is concerned, i tend to keep bulking until abs are almost completely gone and then cut harsh for an 8-10 week period, if you want to keep bulking i feel you are lean enough based on image to keep packing on more muscle. i would keep bulking for another couple of months, summer is still a while away and you have plenty of time to get shredded, where i am over in the UK it is quite cold so i always smooth over during the winter months and then start dieting in around april-may through to september.
My only fear about cutting is losing to much muscle being an ectomorph and being shredded but looking skinny shredded if that makes sense haha. My plan is either to maintain calories until summer then cut while on cycle or to maintain calories until summer and then hit a bulk cycle and try to pack on another 15 pounds of lean mass. My calories are so high right now idk if I could even continue bulking honestly haha

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
My only fear about cutting is losing to much muscle being an ectomorph and being shredded but looking skinny shredded if that makes sense haha. My plan is either to maintain calories until summer then cut while on cycle or to maintain calories until summer and then hit a bulk cycle and try to pack on another 15 pounds of lean mass. My calories are so high right now idk if I could even continue bulking honestly haha
Have you run any AAS / PH's previously to get to your current point?

BlueberyJones

Awards
Have you run any AAS / PH's previously to get to your current point?
1 aas cycle that I just finished which was 12 weeks test e 500 mg with a 6 week 75 mg tbol finisher. So 14 weeks all together

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
1 aas cycle that I just finished which was 12 weeks test e 500 mg with a 6 week 75 mg tbol finisher. So 14 weeks all together
How long ago did you run this?

In my opinion, I would agree with Paul and lean bulk until the beginning of spring (assuming where you live). If you start a cut now you'll end up lean well before the spring/summer months and you'll end up having to maintain and spin your wheels for a few months to stay hoe ready on the beach. I've started cuts before in January and regretted it. I would wait until March if it were me

BlueberyJones

Awards
How long ago did you run this?

In my opinion, I would agree with Paul and lean bulk until the beginning of spring (assuming where you live). If you start a cut now you'll end up lean well before the spring/summer months and you'll end up having to maintain and spin your wheels for a few months to stay hoe ready on the beach. I've started cuts before in January and regretted it. I would wait until March if it were me
I literally just finished that cycle like a 1.5 weeks ago bro. That’s why I was saying keeping calories the same for another 3-4 months and maintaining then if I get back on in summer I can use it to my advantage with either a cut or bulk

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I literally just finished that cycle like a 1.5 weeks ago bro. That’s why I was saying keeping calories the same for another 3-4 months and maintaining then if I get back on in summer I can use it to my advantage with either a cut or bulk
Yeah I wouldn't cut during PCT. I would keep calories at or above maintenance. After 2-3 months I think you'd be in a good position to start tapering your calories and begin a cut.

You ran a SERM right?

BlueberyJones

Awards
Yeah I wouldn't cut during PCT. I would keep calories at or above maintenance. After 2-3 months I think you'd be in a good position to start tapering your calories and begin a cut.

You ran a SERM right?
4600 cals is now my maintenance so idk if I can even go higher because I’m already force feeding myself so I think I’m just gonna stay at maintenance then taper down in a few months like you suggested then go at another bulk haha and yeah Clomid and nolva brotha with some natty supps and exem 3 days a weeks oh and some cardarine

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if I misread but don't run things (after) test. Always Finnish test later than tbol deca or whatever or a least the same week.

BlueberyJones

Awards
Not sure if I misread but don't run things (after) test. Always Finnish test later than tbol deca or whatever or a least the same week.
Just out of curiosity why?? I like running an oral while the esters are clearing and to drop the water and harden up a bit from the tbol

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just out of curiosity why?? I like running an oral while the esters are clearing and to drop the water and harden up a bit from the tbol
You want to have test in your system. I guess it's not as bad having a long ester. Your own testosteron will be shut down.

BlueberyJones

Awards
You want to have test in your system. I guess it's not as bad having a long ester. Your own testosteron will be shut down.
Yeah if I was running prop I’d stop the oral same time as test but since it’s E I figured I might as well keep the oral going till the test clears

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah if I was running prop I’d stop the oral same time as test but since it’s E I figured I might as well keep the oral going till the test clears
E will stay about two weeks so theoretically you could go a little after last pin.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You think I need to bro??
Don't ever cut in pct! You lose them gains you worked so hard for... Do your best to maintain for a couple months. Then go into a cut dropping as much bf as possible before going into next cycle. You also prime your body for growth when you get back on as your body will be in a deficit and will respond by adding in more calories/carbs etc. That along with some gear will give you the best response for new growth.
fueledpassion can better explain "priming" the body

BlueberyJones

Awards
Don't ever cut in pct! You lose them gains you worked so hard for... Do your best to maintain for a couple months. Then go into a cut dropping as much bf as possible before going into next cycle. You also prime your body for growth when you get back on as your body will be in a deficit and will respond by adding in more calories. That along with some gear will give you the best response for new growth.
That’s what I was talking about man. I’m 100% going to maintain until April/may then just trying to decide if I want to cut or bulk I might slower taper my calories to about 3000 or so and lose some BF then get back on cycle and start the bulk again or wait till I get on cycle and use the first 4 weeks before the test kicks to lower cals and lean out a bit then bulk the rest

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don't ever cut in pct! You lose them gains you worked so hard for... Do your best to maintain for a couple months. Then go into a cut dropping as much bf as possible before going into next cycle. You also prime your body for growth when you get back on as your body will be in a deficit and will respond by adding in more calories/carbs etc. That along with some gear will give you the best response for new growth.
This is exactly where im at, maintaining after a cycle, little cut before next.....boom

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m currently bulking and have put on some good mass over the winter but I’m running into the problem of thinking about summer and can’t decide if I want cut and get shredded or keep bulking. My primary goal is building muscle so the obvious answer would be to bulk but I don’t want to add to much fat and be unhappy with myself and I don’t want to cut and be shredded but not look very big. Can someone tell me how to post pics from your phone so y’all can help me decide? Lol
There is some good advice in here. Since you are just coming off cycle, I would still eat at a surplus to maintain your gains. Summer is a long time away. You probably have a good 6-10 weeks before you need to start cutting given your pictures. I would just lean bulk until then. You can run a natural supplement to help with lean bulking. AlphaMax XT. AlphaMax XT is great for a lean bulk because of the forskolin, so I would suggest any supplement with that in it.

Here is some good reading on it.

Forskolin increases metabolism, burns fat, breaks down triglycerides, and increases lean-body mass
The thyroid stimulating strength of forskolin has been compared to TSH (thyrotropin). Thyroid hormone levels are important for leanness.
Forskolin has increased total testosterone by 16% in male subjects during a 12-week trial.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin

Fat Mass:  The colforsin group lost 4.52 kilograms (9,94 pounds) of fat, plus or minus 5.74 kilograms, while the placebo group lost only 0.51 kilograms (1.12 pounds), plus or minus 1.91 kilograms.
Lean Body Mass:  The colforsin group gained 3.71 kilograms of lean body mass (8.162 pounds), plus or minus 4.07 kilograms, while the placebo group gained 1.57 kilograms (3.45 pounds), plus or minus 2.56 kilograms.
Testosterone:  The Testosterone of the colforsin group rose 33.7 percent, while it decreased 18.35 percent in the placebo group.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/dont-kill-the-messenger

The total body weight of a mixed group of men and women in a 12-week study decreased from 74.7 kilograms to 73.5 kilograms while experiencing increases in lean body mass (without weight training).
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/tip-the-t-boosting-capsule-you-need-to-take

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

https://legionathletics.com/forskolin/

http://www.infinitelabs.com/forskolin-reviews/

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What was your cycle??
1/4/epiandro with mk677 (running that constantly).

Was my first, enjoyed it. Kept 7lbs of the gains and about 95% of the strength.

Looking forward to my next one. At 36 progress is generally very very slow natty so a little boost a couple of times a year helps lol

BlueberyJones

Awards
1/4/epiandro with mk677 (running that constantly).

Was my first, enjoyed it. Kept 7lbs of the gains and about 95% of the strength.

Looking forward to my next one. At 36 progress is generally very very slow natty so a little boost a couple of times a year helps lol
Sounds like a solid cycle with some good gains good job bro! You thought about hopping on test? If you liked your last cycle you’d be loving test man haha

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a solid cycle with some good gains good job bro! You thought about hopping on test? If you liked your last cycle you’d be loving test man haha
Haha, yep thought about it and know it’s by far the best way to go. I’m just a massive ***** with needles and being in the uk I have the option of decent ph’s completely legit.

That said I’ve got a good mate who’s offered to stab me so by the end of 2018 I imagine I’ll be over to the dark side ha

Lowkii

Lowkii

Awards
  • First Up Vote
You look good bro, I would suggest you keep bulking, but keep it clean.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I agree with all others he and stick with my original opinion to keep on bulking to hold on to as much mass as possible whilst in PCT, i would never recommend lowering calories whilst recovering hormone levels because the body will just lose muscle easier.