Nutrition and potential bulking help

1. Nutrition and potential bulking help

Hey all, 35 here 185. I need help putting together the right macros or a 8 week bulk. I am trying to gain some size and then cut down jan5th for 8 weeks. Attached is my current pic. What bf would you say I am? *I am currently doing 185x17 for calories at 3145, protein 275, fat 87 and carbs 315. *Am I approaching this the right way?*

2. Personally I would say your are 15% or slightly above and I would do the opposite and do a mini cut until Xmas then a slow bulk after for 8-12 weeks then lean up again for the Summer.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mickc1965 View Post
    Personally I would say your are 15% or slightly above and I would do the opposite and do a mini cut until Xmas then a slow bulk after for 8-12 weeks then lean up again for the Summer.
    I'm leaning to the same actually.. after a week of extra copies feel like I need to be leaner or else will be totally discouraged. Gonna shoot at 1838 to 2338 for calories in a mini cut. Keeping protein at 1xbw and fat .4x bw

4. Quote Originally Posted by TPAGrk81 View Post
    I'm leaning to the same actually.. after a week of extra copies feel like I need to be leaner or else will be totally discouraged. Gonna shoot at 1838 to 2338 for calories in a mini cut. Keeping protein at 1xbw and fat .4x bw
    I personally increase Protein to ~1.5g per lb or more when cutting

5. Quote Originally Posted by mickc1965 View Post
    I personally increase Protein to ~1.5g per lb or more when cutting
    Ok I'll do that.. you know how it is man everyone says something different LOL it's a matter of finding what works for me honestly higher protein does work for me better
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by TPAGrk81 View Post
    Ok I'll do that.. you know how it is man everyone says something different LOL it's a matter of finding what works for me honestly higher protein does work for me better
    If you think you'll be discouraged with adding a bit more fat to where you are currently, I would also recommend doing a small cut to start before bulking. Your macros look solid, and your protein intake is good where it is for cutting. 250g is plenty for someone with your body weight. I would also agree that you're in the 15-17% bf range, which is a good place to benefit from a short cut.

When you transition into a bulk you'll be able to slower protein a bit, I use the 1g per pound rule while bulking. I think your macros and approach look good. What does your training look like? And will you be using any supplements to help toward your goals?
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Use code 'JOHN25' for 25% off Performax Products
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    If you think you'll be discouraged with adding a bit more fat to where you are currently, I would also recommend doing a small cut to start before bulking. Your macros look solid, and your protein intake is good where it is for cutting. 250g is plenty for someone with your body weight. I would also agree that you're in the 15-17% bf range, which is a good place to benefit from a short cut.

When you transition into a bulk you'll be able to slower protein a bit, I use the 1g per pound rule while bulking. I think your macros and approach look good. What does your training look like? And will you be using any supplements to help toward your goals?
    Thanks man.. suppliments I just use creatine, glutamine, l-carnatine and whey. Training is a 5 day split filled with dropsets pretty intense and 2 to 3 HiiT sessions a week along with 15 min cardio pre and post workouts.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Seasons Bulking and Cutting regime help
    By Jinsun in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-25-2017, 04:40 PM
  2. Recent cut, looking to bulk and need some help!
    By avenged43 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 10:55 AM
  3. I Force Mass Gainz and bulk help
    By Young Gotti in forum I-Force Nutrition
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 12:27 AM
  4. Replies: 115
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 11:07 AM
  5. M1t and Sleep - PLEASE HELP!
    By TheShat in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19