Cheat meals

BlueberyJones

Awards
Do y'all think it's okay to have 1 cheat meal a week while bulking and while on cycle? I track and hit my macros everyday but lately one day out of the week usually post workout I'll go to chick fil a for example but still track my daily macros up until that cheat meal. I just can't help but feel unreasonably bad about myself for cheating lol. Thoughts and opinions?? Am I really cheating myself?

BlueberyJones

Awards
Btw current macros are
230 p
100 f
575 c

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Its not great to feel bad about it......if you take pleasure out of a cheat meal and its not hindering your goals why would you feel bad?

Personally i dont like the concept of a cheat meal and i think it creates a perception that the rest of the week food isnt as good.....for me its easier to focus on enjoying everything i eat (which is a pretty clean diet).

You've just got to be realistic, if you start gaining fat then maybe its not a great idea, if you arent (and to be fair whilst on cycle you shouldnt) then i dont think you need to feel bad.

BlueberyJones

Awards
It just bugs me not being able to track my macros. For example, if I have something like chick fil a I'll use my fitness to pal and make it fit my macros. I don't mind my diet and I've found a pretty good balance but it's mainly once a week when I hang out with a girl and don't want to bring a bunch of food to her house and she wants something like sushi I'll go with her and get whatever she's craving ( **** food not included ) and not track my macros for that one specific day. I think I'm still between 10-12% bf but I have some severe body dismorphia the day after I cheat lmao

BlueberyJones

Awards
Also I don't plan on competing just yet and still have the goal of putting on mass

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also I don't plan on competing just yet and still have the goal of putting on mass
Honestly bro it doesnt sound like you have anything to worry about, im a former fatty which shapes my views somewhat.

Besides, after getting food with the girls you hit some extra cardio right....

BlueberyJones

Awards
Right lmao I appreciate your view it helps ease my mind a little bit

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's called flexible dieting. Fit it into your macros. Or, have c heat meal that doesn't put you over your allotted calories for the day.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I ate three random pieces of pizza yesterday. I had my tuna made and ready and pizza was so much easier to get down, and had to be at work in half an hour so I ate pizza.

This past week Ive been focused on reducing bodyfat and on the scale I lost a couple pounds, and my waist is looking okay so thats okay and I feel fine about it.

BlueberyJones

Awards
It's called flexible dieting. Fit it into your macros. Or, have c heat meal that doesn't put you over your allotted calories for the day.
I'm talking about the meals like if you go to a place and get sushi and there's just no way you can track those macros like if you go to dinner with someone once a week

Last edited:
AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm talking about the meals like if you go to a place and get sushi and there's just no way you can track those macros like if you go to dinner with someone once a week
There is no issue. Like I said, you can try to estimate to not go over your calories for the day.

DonutGains89

DonutGains89

Awards
Dude don't feel bad, its all about balance in this life. I have the same problem, or I have the same opportunity. Its all about how you look at your cheat meals. I look at them as just a reward and way of being balanced bro. I do the same eat clean all my meals all week every week, but when I go out with a lady we may go grab dinner and grab some cocktails. Sure the next day you may not look as lean or as good, give it a day do a little extra cardio with the lady and bam you are back to normal bro haha. But ya don't feel bad about enjoying a meal especially while on cycle! If you are that concerned you can even look into a GDA product help shuttle those extra carbs around I have used Hi-Tech Glucozene-Rx got it at mind and muscle incase you are interested. Enjoy the food bro!

BlueberyJones

Awards
You have a very realistic point of view on it lol I like that man but yeah I eat and hit my macros everyday but do you think if I had 1 cheat meal every week that would be acceptable? And i I don't mean like Wendy's or anything haha just some good food usually sushi for 1 meal and not worrying about tracking it? Keep in my mind i am trying to put on as much mass as possible but lean as possible. I stay about 200 cals over maintenance besides that 1 day a week

BlueberyJones

Awards
And also when I have my one rest day and hang out with a girl on it I don't wanna be that guy that's like "if it doesn't fit my macros I refuse to eat it" ya know? Lmao

APC80

APC80

Awards
I eat cheat meals all the time when bulking but then again I don't care about putting on a tiny bit of fat. Becoming obsessed with counting calories and macros and checking I'm not getting fat in the mirror lead me to have some body issue problems in the past so I don't get too worried about it these days. Cold, dark winters you don't worry about a few extra pounds, in fact they're needed for insulation lol

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cold, dark winters you don't worry about a few extra pounds, in fact they're needed for insulation lol
They are in our country anyway (assuming from your profile pic your uk).....lol

Coldest winter for years coming up apparently

APC80

APC80

Awards
They are in our country anyway (assuming from your profile pic your uk).....lol

Coldest winter for years coming up apparently
Aw don't be telling me that mate I hate the cold. It's ****in freezing here today I live on the Irish Sea coast as well.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Aw don't be telling me that mate I hate the cold. It's ****in freezing here today I live on the Irish Sea coast as well.
Tbf the weather forecasts are notoriously bad so it’s probably anyone’s guess what it’ll actually end until like but I saw something about snow and freezing temperatures throughout Dec and jan....

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude don't feel bad, its all about balance in this life. I have the same problem, or I have the same opportunity. Its all about how you look at your cheat meals. I look at them as just a reward and way of being balanced bro. I do the same eat clean all my meals all week every week, but when I go out with a lady we may go grab dinner and grab some cocktails. Sure the next day you may not look as lean or as good, give it a day do a little extra cardio with the lady and bam you are back to normal bro haha. But ya don't feel bad about enjoying a meal especially while on cycle! If you are that concerned you can even look into a GDA product help shuttle those extra carbs around I have used Hi-Tech Glucozene-Rx got it at mind and muscle incase you are interested. Enjoy the food bro!
This. It is called moderation. Just because one lifts doesn't mean they can't have "bad" foods at all. Too many people go one way or the other, moderation needs to be practiced. For those meals that are more than over indulgent, SlinMax is great to help utilize the nutrients of the food so they are not utilized poorly, or at all