My Bulking plan

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Hi I'm wanting to start my bulk now and was hoping to try and get some advice and tips from somebody please,

I'm sitting around 174 -175, 6ft 2 looking to gain more mass, 12.5-13% , Visual estimations visible top and mid section abs lower abs are not apparent as top and mid section.

Current training 5x week following phat/pull created by a member on here.

I do log mostly on myfitness everyday my current macronutrients and calories 2,947, this figure should be +250 over maintence if it's still the same and not changed . My macros are 180 proteins, 370 carbs, 82-83 fats. With these macros I've noticed slight strength increase I think nothing special though any recommendations? Should I increase?

I really want to gain more strength for my compounds and gain size

Supplements I take are ; Fish Oil, Multi-V and whey protein when in order to meet intake but try get it mainly from foods.

Diet during the week is pretty good usually consists of the following below

300-450 Calories
8am Breakfast - Porridge x2 satchet of Quaker Oats + milk +250 ml semi
Or - Bagel + PB and Protein Shake

10.30Sometimes snack here like Bannna or Apple

If no snack I eat early lunch at 11 due to work timetable

lunch is usually a footlong subway (700-800 calories)

Preworkout meal (400< calories : Chicken breast+ white rice 60g + hot sauce
Then a non stim preworkout drink

Post meal usually (700-800+ Calories )

Either Lean steak mince, or steak or chicken
100g of white rice
Sweet Patatoes 200g
Vegetable bag with mixed veg

Post snack( 300-500)

Rice cakes
Peanut butter
Ice cream
Crumpet

I usually go out once per week and have few drinks

I've made some decent progress in terms of size at my weight looking now to tweak and improve my diet and nutrition. Would be greatful for any help or advice

Thanks

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
What is your TDEE do you know? Your maintenance calories?

DonutGains89

DonutGains89

Awards
What is your TDEE?? First before starting this program and diet what were your stats weight body fat %?? How long ago did you start this workout program and diet? Have you been gaining but just slowly? Or maintaining weight?

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
So I did at cut over summer from 180 to like 172 lost some body fat I had maintaining after cut at 2800 and then I increased calories to 2947 (+147) and I've been at this for a while. Is there anything you could recommend ??

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Creatine is a tired and true supplement that will help you. Also arachidonic acid is a natty supplement used for bulking. Serious Nutrition solutions sells creatine mono as well as HCL if you are worried about bloating. Also SNS sells XGELS.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
So I did at cut over summer from 180 to like 172 lost some body fat I had maintaining after cut at 2800 and then I increased calories to 2947 (+147) and I've been at this for a while. Is there anything you could recommend ??
if your weight/ strength is increasing at this, then keep cals there. if you plateau then increase and vice versa. but if you were maintaining at 2800 id run atleast a surplus of 250-500 cals. shoot for 3k-3250 ands how that goes. if you've been at only 150 cal surplus for a while, you should have already progressed enough to up your cals just due to the body needing more energy to maintain size and activity (assuming you're tracking accurately and have a proper program that has you progressing in your lifts).

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
if your weight/ strength is increasing at this, then keep cals there. if you plateau then increase and vice versa. but if you were maintaining at 2800 id run atleast a surplus of 250-500 cals. shoot for 3k-3250 ands how that goes. if you've been at only 150 cal surplus for a while, you should have already progressed enough to up your cals just due to the body needing more energy to maintain size and activity (assuming you're tracking accurately and have a proper program that has you progressing in your lifts).

Hi thanks for giving me some advice, yeah I was at 2800 for a while then like 3/4 weeks ago increase calories to 2,947 and I've notice slight strength gains but weight not going up much really. I will increase to 3k. Which macro do u think I should I bump up the carb its at 370G now and Fats are 83 and protein are 180 my body weight is around 174.3-5.

Thank Pinggolfee96

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
Since you're over 1gram per lb for protein, I'd increase carbs since your fats are adequate as well. Unless you have problems getting cals in, then increase your fats, but I'd say illicit them from carbs....throw a couple doughnuts or scoops of ice cream lol ;p jk you can add in whatever carbs you want, but that's what I'd do.

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Since you're over 1gram per lb for protein, I'd increase carbs since your fats are adequate as well. Unless you have problems getting cals in, then increase your fats, but I'd say illicit them from carbs....throw a couple doughnuts or scoops of ice cream lol ;p jk you can add in whatever carbs you want, but that's what I'd do.
Hahah okay nice one bro will increase carbs :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't be discouraged either. If your strength is going up, even slowly, you're making progress. You weights are not going to jump drastically from month to month unless you are new to lifting or if you are using gear. Monitor and adjust your diet. Make sure you are consuming more cals than burning. When your weight goes up, increase calories.

If you're looking for supplements to aid in strength, both MassMax XT and X-Gels are great for that. With MassMax XT, people notice a large jump in strength, increase in body weight, but with better body composition and a full look.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
+1 for MassMax XT. It will def increase your weight and appetite.

And I agree on the carbs. I see most size when I’m consuming more carbs than normal. I try to eat about 4 bowls (2 cups per bowl typically) of carbs a day and that’s just from oatmeal.

Another quick and easy way to gain weight is drinking whole milk. Give it a shot!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whole milk. GOMAD and squats!
Yes! Well, I’ve never done true GOMAD but I like to stick to around half a gallon per day. High protein, saturated fat, carbs, and calories. Easy way to put on size. I’ll be doing this starting Wednesday actually (the start of my bulk). Then 3 bottles of MassMax xt ;)