I need urgent professional help

SkinnyTeen121

Awards
I'm a teen, 17. I'm 5''7 and really slim. I need help trying to bulk up and advice on how to. Normally, I try to increase my food intake but I can't increase it as much as I would want due to the fact that my parents pay for the food I eat and I don't want to overstress them. So I was thinking of buying whey protein or a protein shake. I work out regularly, at least thrice a week for 30-40 minutes. I try not to work out too much as Ive been told too much working out stunts height and I really want to grow taller. I need professional ideas as to what I should do. I dont want to become a physical behemoth, just buff enough not to get pushed around so much, kind of like a Randy Orton physique. I can't eat that much so I can't really increase my calorie intake, but I take carbs at least thrice a day, cause that's the norm where I live.

Also I think I should mention both my parents are fat. Like semi-obese. My dad has a big pot belly and my mom is also fat. I thought I would be fat too like them in future, and I would burn the fat to muscle. My mom told me she was really slim till she had kids. So Im guessing she doesnt have the gene for fatness. My dad was really slim too, till he started eating in his eaarly twenties and had a kind of growth spurt. I think beer and unhealthy living contributed to his current size. So right now, i dont really know if I have the gene for getting fat, as my uncles are slim(I do have many fat aunts though). I need someone knowledgeable about this to really give me some advice.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get a part-time job and buy your own food.

SkinnyTeen121

Awards
Sadly that's not an option. I'm currently preparing for my SAT exams and I have lessons most of the day. I don't live in America and where I live, it's not convenient to move around alone due to kidnappings and bombings.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pass your SAT tests. Don’t stress. Live life and do a little bit each day. Month. Year to build and get fit.

Time young man.
You have a lot of it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The only way to grow (muscle) is to lift and eat. There's no way around it. What you can do though, is to look for foods that are cheap and high calorie/low volume. Healthy fats like nut butters, olive oil, and fatty meats; cheap carbs like rice, potatoes, bread, and oats; as much cheap protein as you can stomach from whatever sources you can get it (powders, meats, beans, etc).

Honestly, even on a SUPER tight budget, you should be able to get 3000+ calories a day without a problem. I'm talking like $10 a day max.

FISTFIGHTER

Awards
If you can't buy more food to eat, you will not gain size. Embrace your size and maybe think about going to a boxing or kickboxing gym and train. I was in the same boat at that age. You don't need huge muscles to defend yourself. You need technique. If you have a boxing, kickboxing or mma gym near you. I would start there. Unless your parents can support you with food or you get a job to buy more food.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can't buy more food to eat, you will not gain size. Embrace your size and maybe think about going to a boxing or kickboxing gym and train. I was in the same boat at that age. You don't need huge muscles to defend yourself. You need technique. If you have a boxing, kickboxing or mma gym near you. I would start there. Unless your parents can support you with food or you get a job to buy more food.

Okay and the heck does that have to do with him wanting to get some muscles?

SkinnyTeen121

Awards
Well I appreciate the advice. And I dont actually need huge muscles per say. Randy Orton's physique is okay. Also is any genetics expert able to answer the question in the second paragraph? Both my parents are really fat, but I dont know whether that's genetic and can be passed on, cause my mom was really slim till she had kids and my dad was also really slim till he sort of had nervous breakdowns and ate lots of food. But looking at them now, I think they were sort of late bloomers or something.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Well I appreciate the advice. And I dont actually need huge muscles per say. Randy Orton's physique is okay. Also is any genetics expert able to answer the question in the second paragraph? Both my parents are really fat, but I dont know whether that's genetic and can be passed on, cause my mom was really slim till she had kids and my dad was also really slim till he sort of had nervous breakdowns and ate lots of food. But looking at them now, I think they were sort of late bloomers or something.
I wouldn't factor your parents current body weight into the equation at all. Genetics are important, but there's no true way to gauge what body type your parents are from what you're describing. Even in the extreme (and unlikely case) that they are both endomorphs and are prone to be bigger/heavier, you will still be able to build an appreciable physique by eating right and lifting big.

For me personally, I was a very late bloomer - got most of my height when I was 17-18 y/o. This was right around the time I started lifting, and hitting the gym had no impact on my height. If you're 17 I wouldn't be afraid of stunting your growth at this point. It's hard to know where you'll fall height wise by looking at your parents, but lifting weights shouldn't impact that if you're already a late teen

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree with above post. When someone tells you, you can eat whatever you want and not get fat it's just an excuse for people with the opposite problem not admitting they're eating too much. I eat more than any of my friends no doubt , but that doesn't mean I eat more calories. My friend is in huge denial unfortunately and I'm so tired of him making excuses. Not because its my problem but because he's trying to make me eat **** I don't want to make himself feel better.

One thing you gotta realize is that if you're about 20 pounds heavier you don't need much more food at all to keep weight. That's why people get stuck at some weight because they always eat around the same amounts.

SkinnyTeen121

Awards
This has been so helpful. When I posted this on another forum I was labelled a troll for my "vague" comments. Okay here is my situation. I live in a country where carbohydrates/fat account for 90% of our diet, and I'm not kidding. Whether it's bread/yam in the morning, or rice/noodles in the afternoon or local foods(which are mostly carbohydrates) in the evening. I've been trying to eat more and more of these foods, but my friends keep telling me carbohydrates cant help you gain weight. So is it advisable to buy whey protein and creatine? I'm thinking of mixing the two products together and making a sort of smoothie. And I just turned 17, my dad is about 5''9 or 5''10, but his other siblings are 6 feet, and my grandpa was also about 6 feet. I want to know, is there any hope for me to grow taller, and are there any drugs I can take to help? Thanks!

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This has been so helpful. When I posted this on another forum I was labelled a troll for my "vague" comments. Okay here is my situation. I live in a country where carbohydrates/fat account for 90% of our diet, and I'm not kidding. Whether it's bread/yam in the morning, or rice/noodles in the afternoon or local foods(which are mostly carbohydrates) in the evening. I've been trying to eat more and more of these foods, but my friends keep telling me carbohydrates cant help you gain weight. So is it advisable to buy whey protein and creatine? I'm thinking of mixing the two products together and making a sort of smoothie. And I just turned 17, my dad is about 5''9 or 5''10, but his other siblings are 6 feet, and my grandpa was also about 6 feet. I want to know, is there any hope for me to grow taller, and are there any drugs I can take to help? Thanks!
Just mix the creatine it doesn't matter.. nobody can say how tall you'll be but you're still growing at 17. What protein is nice to have especially if you don't have the food. It's really the same thing just don't wanna overdo whey protein and skip food cause your stomach will not be good. 2-3 scoops a day max

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Instead of buying whey buy a chicken breast for 2x more protein.