Bulking Diet Critique

Choppedjunior

Awards
Male
6"2
172lbs
BF ~10%
Train 5 days a week (3 with a trainer)

I have always had a narrow frame, I gain then i lose a lot. I do have Colitis not sure how much this impacts anything.

Meal 1: Homemade smoothie
1.5 cups egg whites
1 cup almond milk
1.5 cups oats
3 tbps of PB
cup of spinach
1 Banana

Meal 2:
Protein Bar or some type of nutrition bar

Meal 3 Preworkout:
2 scoops Whey Protein I don't overdo it as if i have a semi full stomach the intense workouts can make me sick.

Meal 4: Post workout
2 scoops whey when i get home as its usually around 5, so within next hour or so i usually eat dinner.

Meal 5:
Dinner usually 5oz of chicken or steak
w1 cup of a carb source, rice or potatoes
cup or so of veggies.
Meal 6:
Yogurt
scrambled eggs 1 cup
2 Tbps Peanut Butter
then basically anything i can to fill calorie gap, honestly ends up being some type of snack like healthy cheese squares.

Calories end up around 4100. I use to dial in the Macros, but found that didn't help me much either, so now i try to get 250-300 grams protein 300+ cabs, and usually around 120g of fat.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
your diet definitely lacks micronutrients, and it does not seem like it'd add up to 4100 cals. your protein intake is also way higher than it needs to be. id reduce protein to 1 gram per lb of body weight, then fill with more carbs or fat, whichever increases your performance (most likely carbs if your fats are at 120). I would definitely eat some vegetables though....

Choppedjunior

Awards
your diet definitely lacks micronutrients, and it does not seem like it'd add up to 4100 cals. your protein intake is also way higher than it needs to be. id reduce protein to 1 gram per lb of body weight, then fill with more carbs or fat, whichever increases your performance (most likely carbs if your fats are at 120). I would definitely eat some vegetables though....
It does add up, just i kept it simpler when writing it up. I track with food scales and input everything into that body tracker app.

But yeah i could deff up the veggies, don't eat a lot of those, except for dinner.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you weigh your foods and track them? Just a quick glance, there is NO way that is 4,100 cals. Do you even need that much, do you know what your TDEE is?