My maintence and Lean bulk

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Hello everyone be great ful for some help today ,

I'm planning to start my lean bulk, after I get back from my holiday. And I want to ensure that macros/calories are setup correctly in order to gain correctly.

My current stats are the following : 167lb , 6ft 2 , 11-12%

I track and log my weight every day and I've been tracking my weight now for a while and recording it.

I have been eating roughly 2800-2850 calories per day which assumed was around my maintence but it was a guess and I want to be able to figure it out so I know it exactly

Dates

07/31st - 168.2 lb
08/1st - 166.6
08/2nd - 166.6
08/3rd- 167.6
08/4th - 166.6
08/5th - 167.2
08/6th - 166.0

The average for the first week was 166.97lb

And then I have done it again this week to be more accurate because I really want to identify my maintence because I want to be able to control my surpluses and when not in surplus so I can take better control over it instead of guessing ruffly if understand.

The second week

08/7th - 167.6
08/8th - 167.6
08/9th - 167.6
08/10th - 167.6
08/11th -169.0 lb (water weight, i also went had a big meal on the Friday night so that's why the next weight is off
08/12th - 168.6 ( morning after going out and had few beverages so weight might will be screwed up abit

08/13th - tomorrow will weigh to make it a complete 14 day average but as of now below is a 13 day average equals

167.45lb

so from the results that I have got from the above, if I take the 13 day average figure which is 167.45 minus the figure from week 1, so 167.45- 166.97 equals = 0.52 lb per week, from what I understand that's a good amount of weight to be adding per week on lean bulk which I'll be starting soon anyway but I just wanted to identify my maintence.

From Myfitnesspal the 7 day average of the macros I had been hitting were around the following;

What I got v Goal

176G / 180 protein
330G/ 340 carb
81G/ 80 fats

So I would appreciate any advice in order to help me find my maintence weight, if it helps I train 5 days a week and I work in retail so always on my feet when working. Also do my my macros seem okay for my goal?

180 proteins
340 carb
80 fats

Thanks
Jacob

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could need your age but I put 25 (doesn't matter that much). My estimation of you're sitting still that is

1812 calories /day. So from here you need to figure out how much you burn. 2800 could be a bit too much. Not sure I would go higher than 2400, this is to not add fat.

This is an estimation, it should be kinda correct but it's so hard to know for sure.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Could need your age but I put 25 (doesn't matter that much). My estimation of you're sitting still that is

1812 calories /day. So from here you need to figure out how much you burn. 2800 could be a bit too much. Not sure I would go higher than 2400, this is to not add fat.

This is an estimation, it should be kinda correct but it's so hard to know for sure.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the spam, internet or the website didn't respond

Jflynny18

Jflynny18

Awards
Chados

I'm 18 years old, and I have a part time job and I work most days which is in retail so I'm on my feet most of the day when I work and I traIn 5 times a week

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I stand by what I said, try 2400 kcal and see what happens after two weeks. Take a look at the scale and the mirror and you'll notice if you need more or less. People often believe they eat a certain amount of calories when they're not. If you eat whatever then it's not hard to eat 2500 kcal but if you keep it clean with rice chicken etc it's actually quite a lot of food. Be sure to really calculate all meals, maybe buy a rice cooker so you can cook 4/5 meals at once.