Calorie intake on cycle

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying to gain as much muscle as possible off my Lgd-4033 and Epi cycle without a ton of fat gain, (thus the epi), I'm taking 10 mg LGD at night and 250 mg epi twice a day. How much should my calories intake be over maintenance to maximize my gains?

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also I'm 21 and 5,9, I just finished my cut at 152 and 6% BF. My job consists of me walking 11-13 miles a day and loading boxes into trailers and onto pallets all day. I'm assuming I burn between 1000 -1500 at work and 200-300 at the gym after. My bmr is 1650.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't overcomplicate your nutrition. If you know your BMR and you're able to estimate your TDEE with the amount of walking and physical activity you do on a daily basis, I would simply add 300-400 calories per day above your current maintenance. Using SARM's will help, but your nutrition and planning won't be too much different than if you weren't cycling anything. You can most likely get away with a slightly higher calorie intake, but I would start with a moderate surplus and increase calories as needed.

I would go 300-400 over maintenance for about two weeks and see where you're at. Keep protein high, 1g-1.3g per pound of bodyweight, and do what works best for you with carbs and fats. I usually have an easier time staying leaner if I keep my fat intake relatively low (about 20% of total calories)

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright thanks assumed I should up them higher on cycle but Im glad I checked in on that, I already keep my fats below that, but would it n be pointless to keep my protein at 2gs+ per body weight because that's where I've been at. 155 lbs, 320-350 gs.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Alright thanks assumed I should up them higher on cycle but Im glad I checked in on that, I already keep my fats below that, but would it n be pointless to keep my protein at 2gs+ per body weight because that's where I've been at. 155 lbs, 320-350 gs.
If it were a full on anabolics cycle, you might want to increase calories some. But with SARMs you can usually gauge how things are going. If you're hungry, eat more. But if you're trying to stay lean I wouldn't go overboard with adding in a bunch of extra calories. Over 300g of protein is very excessive IMO. You would benefit more from lowering that to ~200g and adding in 100g of carbs. High protein is good, but more isn't always better

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll try doing this, I assumed I'd have a lot of energy eating this much but I've been quite sluggish, maybe upping my carbs will give me the energy I need.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'll try doing this, I assumed I'd have a lot of energy eating this much but I've been quite sluggish, maybe upping my carbs will give me the energy I need.
That will definitely help. Going above 1.5g of protein doesn't really do much for you, and it makes for an expensive grocery bill. I think you'll have much better success with consuming more carbs. Keep in mind that carbs are protein sparing, so if you're eating enough calories you really don't need a sky high protein intake. Your body prefers carbs for energy, so I would give that a shot and see how it treats you.

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That will definitely help. Going above 1.5g of protein doesn't really do much for you, and it makes for an expensive grocery bill. I think you'll have much better success with consuming more carbs. Keep in mind that carbs are protein sparing, so if you're eating enough calories you really don't need a sky high protein intake. Your body prefers carbs for energy, so I would give that a shot and see how it treats you.
My good bill has been kicking my ass about 150 a week

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
My good bill has been kicking my ass about 150 a week
Carbs are much cheaper than protein - so switching up the macros should help you wallet a bit as well

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My experience with LGD leads me to believe a large surplus is beneficial towards getting the most out of the cycle.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My experience with LGD leads me to believe a large surplus is beneficial towards getting the most out of the cycle.
Having said that, I was also able to significantly increase training volume at the time.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
You're also working a job that seems quite intensive. It doesn't seem like you're even eating that much for what your tdee seems to be. But just track and monitor. If your gaining size then stick with it, if you lose weight or maintain then increase cals

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're also working a job that seems quite intensive. It doesn't seem like you're even eating that much for what your tdee seems to be. But just track and monitor. If your gaining size then stick with it, if you lose weight or maintain then increase cals
I haven't really noticed any size increases yet, slight weight increase on some exercises but that's all. I have noticed my abdominals becoming more covered though which means I'm actually eating too much. My abdominal fat went from 4mm to 8 mm so far

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
I haven't really noticed any size increases yet, slight weight increase on some exercises but that's all. I have noticed my abdominals becoming more covered though which means I'm actually eating too much. My abdominal fat went from 4mm to 8 mm so far
A lot of that could be increased water/glycogen retention due to increase carbohydrate consumption as well

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of that could be increased water/glycogen retention due to increase carbohydrate consumption as well
That's what I'm thinking I just keep stressing my abs way too much. Last couple times I bulked I lost them and I'd like to actually retain them by clean bulking correctly so I don't have to hop straight into a cut after cycle and increase my chance of losing gains

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Epi is very mild and not something you wanna eat a ton on. It gives slow lean gains. The results are quite nice but not very big